UKPK Drop Point Steels

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
northern munkey

UKPK Drop Point Steels

Post by northern munkey »

Hi all,

I feel that the UKPK DP is one of the best slipjoint knife designs ever (and was my first Spyderco) does anyone else wish that they could have a salt (magnacut), S110v or Spy27 drop point UKPK?

ATB
NM
Matus

Re: UKPK Drop Point Steels

Post by Matus »

I agree, but apparently the majority of buyers prefer the (also excellent) leaf blade (similarly to the Stretch).

Magnacut DP would of course be great, but even Spy27 would be awesome.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Flash

Post by Flash »

I reach for my drop point UKPK’s over any other Spyderco;

Lightweight and wire clip makes for an extremely easy carry, brilliant edge geometry for showcasing a steels performance, great ergos which aid safe use.
The drop point version is even more pocketable and the more practical and useful design in my opinion.

But the UKPK and the drop point in particular, appears to be a slept on model and doesn’t get the attention the 3” lockers receive. Which is a shame as the design has a lot going for it.

Unfortunately you can currently only buy the BD1N version with the drop point blade which speak volumes about its popularity, so I don’t hold much faith in there being any upcoming versions in G10 or interesting steels.

At this point it’ll be a small miracle if the Magnacut leaf sees a release anytime soon.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Maybe Sal has mercy on us and bless us with a dp UKPK in SPY27 :preying
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
rangefinder

Post by rangefinder »

It's sold out now, but Heinnie Haynes (UK dealer) did their dealer exclusive in S30/red G10 with drop point blade:

https://heinnie.com/spyderco-uk-penknif ... e-edition/

As I recall, it sold out pretty fast. (So did the leaf blade version.) So there apparently is demand for the drop point version with upgraded steel/handle.

Which gives hope that HH might order another run. Or some other dealer might do a different exclusive. (Personally, I'd like to see the KnifeCenter Cruwear/smooth G10 combo.)
northern munkey

Post by northern munkey »

Hi rangefinder, I'm with you on the cruwear!

I was very lucky when I last visited the UK to pick up a HH Drop Point
Attachments
20240206_141621.jpg
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I love the hollow ground dp ulpk’s. The grey frn with gin1 steel is my favorite release so far of the ukpk. Id love to pick one up someday.
:bug-red-white
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

northern munkey wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:11 pm
Hi all,

I feel that the UKPK DP is one of the best slipjoint knife designs ever (and was my first Spyderco) does anyone else wish that they could have a salt (magnacut), S110v or Spy27 drop point UKPK?

ATB
NM
Yes, me too. However, since the general public does not prefer this blade shape, it remains wishful thinking.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto