NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by TkoK83Spy »

They definitely need to get him another useful receiver besides Rice for next year. Kelce playing like it's 5 years ago today, what a half!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Put your hand up if you know this game is over.

I just can’t wait to see what Taylor Swifts Super Bowl outfit is going to be! She’s going to be so beautiful huggin Travvy with all that confetti falling around them! It’s going to be magical! 🤑
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:34 pm
Man, Patty Mahomes & KC flat takin care a business.
Yeah they are looking good so far. But it's like the great "Yogi Berra" used to say >> "It's Not Over Till It's Over". Mr. Mahomes has got plenty of time to blow it. They sure didn't do anything on the opening of the 3rd Quarter. It wouldn't take Lamar much time to turn it around.

It's all up to the Chief's defense. Which is what has kept them in the game the entire year.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I promise you this game is over. The Ravens aren’t allowed to win.

Lamar’s going to come up short for a TD to tie on a 4th down scramble in the final minute. The NFL will just have to settle for a Taylor Swift Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl rematch. Oh well!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, #38 of the Chiefs made the play of the game
Someone needs to buy that man a beer!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, any way ya slice it, Patrick Mahomes is just on another level!
The playoffs are just so different than the regular season and Mahomes takes it to another level
To come in to Baltimore of all places and just absolutely silence that bunch
Love him or hate him, he's the best in the league now.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

#38? No, Shawn Smith’s number is 14. But I agree he made the play of the game! That taunting call to take the Ravens out for the red zone was clutch!

“Taunting” might be the fakest penalty in all of professional sports. And of course Jim Nantz and the “official NFL rules analyst” IMMEDIATELY came to the refs defense! “Oh that’s an indisputable taunting call, right Gene?” - “Oh yes Jim! There were several violent elements to the call including things like standing up after being tackled and being near the person that tackled him, he also dropped the football in the general vicinity of where the tackler was and that was a serious risk to the tacklers safety! Really a perfect call!”

:nauseated
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:44 pm
#38? No, Shawn Smith’s number is 14. But I agree he made the play of the game! That taunting call to take the Ravens out for the red zone was clutch!

“Taunting” might be the fakest penalty in all of professional sports. And of course Jim Nantz and the “official NFL rules analyst” IMMEDIATELY came to the refs defense! “Oh that’s an indisputable taunting call, right Gene?” - “Oh yes Jim! There were several violent elements to the call including things like standing up after being tackled and being near the person that tackled him, he also dropped the football in the general vicinity of where the tackler was and that was a serious risk to the tacklers safety! Really a perfect call!”

No......I'm talking about the fumble #38 of the Chiefs caused at the goal line. Saved a touchdown for KC - resulted in a touchback for KC
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:47 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:44 pm

No......I'm talking about the fumble #38 of the Chiefs caused at the goal line. Saved a touchdown for KC - resulted in a touchback for KC
Right….. I know.

But conveniently on that on that same drive, Zay Flowers was called for “taunting” on the 15 yard line, taking them out of the red zone. Which then just a few players later resulted in that fumble.

It completely changed the momentum on the field.

Not like it matters, the Chiefs are still going to win. Like I guaranteed.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yeah, and you know Nick, I really don't think it was Mahomes & the Chiefs as much as it was Lamar Jackson just laying a big ole egg!
He just choked imo
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

There's the Chiefs fix!

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Getting close to two minutes… kicking a field goal… Chiefs are about to go four and out… Lamar Jackson is going to come up short for the game tying TD… Hooray Precious Patty!

Well my Lamar “choking” on the final drive theory came up short but it doesn’t change what was guaranteed before the game. Chiefs win.

Sorry to spoil it for everyone but the Chiefs are going to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Guaranteed.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:02 pm
Getting close to two minutes… kicking a field goal… Chiefs are about to go four and out… Lamar Jackson is going to come up short for the game tying TD… Hooray Precious Patty!

Well my Lamar “choking” on the final drive theory came up short but it doesn’t change what was guaranteed before the game. Chiefs win.

Sorry to spoil it for everyone but the Chiefs are going to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Guaranteed.
Lamar Jackson has had a history of choking in key playoff games. In spite of his MVP awards Mr. Jackson does seem to fold when it counts the most. The other year he won the MVP he did virtually the same thing to exit the playoffs.

Well you've got one more game to go to prove your clairvoyant skills. If I had serious money to bet I would take your tips for sure. I didn't think the Chiefs would get past the first game in the playoffs this season, I really didn't. I'm astounded that they went back to the big game.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I had to 😆
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm so glad that Marquez Valdes-Scantling got a chance to redeem himself. He had about 3 bad drops this season that made him look terrible. I knew in my gut he was a better receiver than that and he proved it.

One thing that really worries me however. It just doesn't seem like Sir Patrick has the killer instinct like he did about 3 years ago. He just doesn't put up the receiving numbers at all like he used to. But he does get the wins when they need them.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Hahahahha, Paul you kill me with these things all year long!! :rofl :party-face

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

That end zone pass by Lamar was ridiculous. Dumbest pass, made no sense at all. That drive for Flowers with all the penalties/miscues, good for him it's the last game of the season. He's going to need some time to mentally recover from that mess, including injuring his finger on the sidelines out of frustration!! You can't do that!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:48 pm
That end zone pass by Lamar was ridiculous. Dumbest pass, made no sense at all. That drive for Flowers with all the penalties/miscues, good for him it's the last game of the season. He's going to need some time to mentally recover from that mess, including injuring his finger on the sidelines out of frustration!! You can't do that!
+1 😎
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Can’t wait for the Swift Bowl!

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:02 pm
There's the Chiefs fix!