NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by JD Spydo »

The owner of the Falcons i.e. Arthur Blank would not be a good fit for Lord Belichick. No he would be much better suited to be the Bills next coach. One radio show I heard this morning claims that the Buffalo Bills faithful are calling for the head of Sean McDermott. And I've got a feeling that if there is any substance or truth to this latest rumor that McDermott will be history in the next two to three days.

Think about it>> look at all the premier coaches that are on the open market. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime. Even Pete Carroll would be an improvement over McDermott. But Belichick would be a slam dunk if they want to elevate that Bills team. I know nothing about the Bill's ownership but anyone with a single digit I. Q. would pounce on Belichick. Also I bet Josh Allen would love having Lord Bill as his head coach. And you know that Belichick is looking for a good QB.

If the Bills stay with McDermott that will be a terrible mistake. There is hardly no comparison between the two men.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hear ya Joe.
I still can't believe Washington didn't pursue Belichick!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:11 pm
I hear ya Joe.
I still can't believe Washington didn't pursue Belichick!
On ESPN's Youtube channel Rex Ryan just did a video on why Belichick would be ideal for the Bills. First off he already has a premier QB and the other parts of the roster are in pretty good shape as well. There are people commenting on that video that McDermott is the Marty Schottenheimer of this era. In other words he can only go so far.

With Josh Allen for a QB and the defense squad that is already there in place you could really pick and choose in the upcoming 2024 Draft. Heck if he went to Atlanta it would probably take him about 3 to 5 years to find a premier QB. He's already got a potentially great QB in place in Buffalo. He wouldn't have to tweak the team much to get a championship roster.

Rex Ryan made several excellent points in the video that it would be a perfect fit for him. And I bet that Josh Allen would love to play for him too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

😆 I'll bet Atlanta is sweatin bullets!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 pm
Heck even the Seattle or Chargers job would be far better than starting from scratch in Atlanta. I just never have liked Arthur Blank much from what I've seen of him. He sure handled that Michael Vick problem in a bad way I thought. I seriously doubt if that would be a good landing spot for Bill.

But I'm beginning to think that this Buffalo Job would truly shake up the entire NFL if it were to come to fruition. Not to mention that Lord Belichick might be in another Superbowl in a couple of years or less if he were to take that Bills job. I would be interested to know if they are at least talking to him.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:14 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Heck even the Seattle or Chargers job would be far better than starting from scratch in Atlanta. I just never have liked Arthur Blank much from what I've seen of him. He sure handled that Michael Vick problem in a bad way I thought. I seriously doubt if that would be a good landing spot for Bill.

But I'm beginning to think that this Buffalo Job would truly shake up the entire NFL if it were to come to fruition. Not to mention that Lord Belichick might be in another Superbowl in a couple of years or less if he were to take that Bills job. I would be interested to know if they are at least talking to him.
Me & you both! 😃
Hopefully we might knkw something- even a little tomorrow
But, Im like you Joe, I think Buffalo would be perfect for Belichick- he's just who they need.
They need to get over the hump per se and Belichick would be perfect
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:27 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:14 pm
MacLaren wrote:

Me & you both! 😃
Hopefully we might knkw something- even a little tomorrow
But, Im like you Joe, I think Buffalo would be perfect for Belichick- he's just who they need.
They need to get over the hump per se and Belichick would be perfect
And he could literally get even with his former boss i.e. Robert Kraft for dumping him like he did. I have no doubt that with Josh Allen as his QB they might be in the Superbowl in at the very least two to three years from now. He would have that team hitting on eight cylinders quicker than you think. Not to mention what they could get in the upcoming 2024 Draft.

It would truly shake the foundation of the entire NFL if Belichick were to take the Bills job. There would probably be NFL team owners that would object to him going to Buffalo. Oh well it wouldn't be the first time the game got rigged.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Here we go again… The NFL assigned Shawn Smith as the lead referee for Sunday’s Ravens vs Chiefs game. Another road team ref - Another guaranteed win for the Chiefs. He ranks FIRST out of 24 refs in road team win percentage since 2018. He was assigned to this game for a reason.

My picks for Sunday - Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl. We all know who wins.
- Nick :bug-red
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ya know, if all things being equal - I just have no idea who will win the Conference Championship's
I really do believe it could go either of 4 ways.
I think they'll be some great games for sure.
I would really love to see Detroit win it all.
😆 the wife says, she could care less, says it's Detroits own fault for bein bad for so long. She's for Patty Mahomes & the Cheifs! 😆
Man, women are cold blooded!! 😉
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well, Jim Harbaugh will be the Chargers new HC
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:59 pm
Here we go again… The NFL assigned Shawn Smith as the lead referee for Sunday’s Ravens vs Chiefs game. Another road team ref - Another guaranteed win for the Chiefs. He ranks FIRST out of 24 refs in road team win percentage since 2018. He was assigned to this game for a reason.

My picks for Sunday - Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl. We all know who wins.
I can't really say anything contrary to what you've said up till now because you've called them pretty accurately recently. But I still think this is where Sir Patrick could potentially be seeing his "Waterloo" battle manifest. Because Lamar Jackson is the "real deal" as far as raw talent goes. Lamar's running ability is almost equal to that of the past Michael Vick era. I think this game could go either way myself. But if you call this one accurately I've just got to seriously wonder if "THE FIX IS IN"???????

With all this new legal gambling becoming a factor I'm just not sure of anything anymore. To see which two of these 4 teams playing this Sunday will go to the Superbowl this year will be very interesting to say the least.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I dunno, Baltimore is just very, very sound this year.
It'll be a battle to be sure.
But, I think we'll probably see the Ravens pull away in the 4th quarter.
I just keep thinking what things would be like had they paid Tyreek Hill.
With the way Mahomes can scramble/extend plays and that blazin *** speed Hill has - that's a deadly duo right there.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:42 pm
I dunno, Baltimore is just very, very sound this year.
It'll be a battle to be sure.
But, I think we'll probably see the Ravens pull away in the 4th quarter.
I just keep thinking what things would be like had they paid Tyreek Hill.
With the way Mahomes can scramble/extend plays and that blazin *** speed Hill has - that's a deadly duo right there.
Yeah I've thought a lot about what it would have been like if they would have paid Tyreek Hill stratospheric wages. But I also wonder if the Chief's defense would have gotten as good as it has. It's almost like it was a tradeoff in many respects.

Also it's like I said several times before>> Tyreek Hill was rapidly becoming a similar diva as Terrell Owens did with the Eagles in the 2005 season. And I know in my gut that Andy Reid does not want another T. O. to contend with. Because when these guys get a big head they tend to become locker room poison like T. O. eventually did.

If the Chiefs would have kept Juju Smith-Shuster I think the Chiefs would have won at least 3 more games this year. That seemed to have left a huge void in the receiver corp. I guess you could go "Would've, Should've, Could've till the cows come home. But they did win the big game without Tyreek. So I'm gonna trust Brett Veach, Andy Reid and the rest of the front office that their decisions were the best they could have made under the circumstances.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well fellas, we'll find out tomorrow how these Conference Championship's are gonna shake out.
Kinda have a feeling Detroit is gonna have their hopes dashed.
Just not sure about Baltimore & KC
Gonna be a helluva game I think.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gents here we go, a few minutes before kickoff
I'm gonna say
Baltimore 31
Kansas City 30
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

We should all know how this game is going to end.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

4th quarter should be interesting...
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Yeah “interesting” will be one way to put it.

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:14 pm
Yeah “interesting” will be one way to put it.

😆 🤣 😂
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, Patty Mahomes & KC flat takin care a business.