SpydieWiki update thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mr Blonde

Re: SpydieWiki update thread

Post by Mr Blonde »

Synov wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:15 am
I've noticed C28GFPE Dragonfly 2 in black nishijin and ZDP-189 is also missing.
It looks like it is in there, the SKU-number appeared to have a typo that's fixed now.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Thanks for the updates.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Synov

Post by Synov »

Mr Blonde wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:21 pm
Synov wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:15 am
I've noticed C28GFPE Dragonfly 2 in black nishijin and ZDP-189 is also missing.
It looks like it is in there, the SKU-number appeared to have a typo that's fixed now.
C28GFPE is a Dragonfly 2 and has a ZDP-189 blade. The one currently listed on the wiki is in the Dragonfly 1 section and says VG-10. I'm not sure if they are two separate nishijin versions or C28GFPE is just in the wrong section with the wrong steel.
Visualizing the Tradeoff of Higher Hardness
S90V: Manix XL CF Yojumbo CF Shaman CF Native 5 Fluted CF CPM-154/S90V: Manix 2 Magnacut: Native 5 Fluted Ti Damasteel: Native 5 40th Anniversary ZDP-189: Dragonfly 2 Nishijin N690Co: PITS XHP: Chaparral Birdseye Maple
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I guess I didn't realize my continued access was a glitch. I just thought Spyderco took over hosting and left all the permissions for the then-current editors intact, as Mr. Blonde and I were really the only ones updating the site in the later times before Spyderco took over, so I didn't notice a big difference when we were still the only two contributing after the changeover.

It's been a fun ride, but Mr. Blonde is a good steward and responsible for the majority of the updates the last few years anyway, with myself only contributing smaller details here and there, making slight corrections and updates, or digging up old info on past models. Best of luck to the Spydiewiki team! I look forward to seeing where it goes!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

This actually comes as a surprise and again not, because over the years I have not noticed that communication was neither maintained nor sought after the takeover by Spyderco. I myself have publicly asked questions about the data maintenance process here in the forum and never received an answer.

I write this as a founding member of Spydiewiki with a bit of sadness, but that's what happens when you move from enthusiasm to business.

Enough said ...
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Synov wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:21 pm
C28GFPE is a Dragonfly 2 and has a ZDP-189 blade. The one currently listed on the wiki is in the Dragonfly 1 section and says VG-10. I'm not sure if they are two separate nishijin versions or C28GFPE is just in the wrong section with the wrong steel.
It's in the right section and the steel has been fixed. thanks for the tip!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The timely, frequency and accuracy of the updates to SpydieWiki just haven’t been the same since Spyderco took over almost exactly 5 years ago. It’s a pity because it used to be a valuable resource. Regardless, it is what it is.

TazKristi wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm
Hey, everyone:
No cause for alarm! We actually have taken over Spydiewiki.com and we're in the process of moving it to our registrar. The original registrar has an odd "hold" of sorts during the process and the unfortunate suspended page is part of their process. You should see Spydiewiki.com back up and running by Wednesday of this week.

We'll be handling the maintenance and new content moving forward. Seems there are a few threads about this (and possibly mention of it elsewhere too) so please feel free to share my update. I'm going to merge the other two threads on this topic as they were all started within a short period of time.

Thanks much!

Kristi
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I did work on Spydiewiki when it started, and have worked with Spyderco after the change in hosting of the site. I appreciate all the tips and hints about missing variants and exclusives etc… To make and keep the wiki 100% complete will be an ongoing challenge, given the rich history of the company and its non-stop output of new products and variations.

After the Spyderco took over the hosting of Spydiewiki, the main priorities were to add the Reveals, update the Mule team page and generally to expand the wiki to include all products. Back then, there were many ‘red’ links and non-exisiting pages. During this process, older and new exclusives, sprints etc. have been -and will be- added.

Spydiewiki has been updated on a weekly basis since Spyderco took over the hosting, also using your tips and info. I appreciate your input a lot! Although it might never be 100% ‘complete’, Spyderco’s goal for the wiki is to be as complete as possible by adding all products and their variants. Again, thank you for all the tips and input!

Wouter
Reject

Post by Reject »

Did anyone ever work out what happened to “ spydiewiki.com/models/ ” ?
It disappeared with the changeover.
It was a very comprehensive and useful resource.
How much can a Koala bear?