Left Handed SPYDERCO’s ❓

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Left Handed SPYDERCO’s ❓

Post by Wartstein »

RustyIron wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 am
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:30 am
And for those who don´t want to make such a button themselves:
You caught me. I was sincerely flattering the inventor through my act of imitation.

No intention to catch you ;)

Had/have no idea if you came up with this solely by yourself or did an "imitation" (which would still be very cool!)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Dodge wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:27 pm
I have a left handed Bob Terzuola C15, but I assume you are taking current models.
Yeah Dodge I had one from that time period myself i.e. the GOLDEN ERA OF SPYDERS 1998-2004. The one I snagged on fleabay was an original carbon fiber ( 2003 era) left handed POLICE model. However I was forced to sell it during a financial hard time>> but I got a good chunk of change for it. I've wondered what that early Lefty POLICE model would be worth about now?

To the best of my memory I do believe there were also a few left handed Military models back in those days as well. Correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a few days ago. That's really interesting because I didn't even know that particular Terzuola model even was available in a lefty version.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Meadowlark wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:48 pm
Is the left-handed military 1 discontinued?

C36GPLE Military Left Hand Black G-10 PlainEdge was on the 2013 Spyderco Discontinued Product List - OFFICIAL
•• Beau
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 am
Meadowlark wrote:

C36GPLE Military Left Hand Black G-10 PlainEdge was on the 2013 Spyderco Discontinued Product List - OFFICIAL
That's interesting, how is it some sites still show stock ten years later?

Were they and continue to be that unpopular or is there another explanation?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Meadowlark wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:04 am
Buddafucco wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 am
Meadowlark wrote:

That's interesting, how is it some sites still show stock ten years later?

Were they and continue to be that unpopular or is there another explanation?
The Left Hand Military Model (and left hand PM2] was reintroduced around 2016/2017 and it is still in production today, it has not been discontinued again.

Also, the official 2024 Annual Product Guide was just released today and the left hand Military Model and left hand Paramilitary 2 are both still listed. https://publications.spyderco.com/view/27212419/36/
- Nick :bug-red
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:33 am
Dodge wrote:
I have a left handed Bob Terzuola C15, but I assume you are taking current models.
Yeah Dodge I had one from that time period myself i.e. the GOLDEN ERA OF SPYDERS 1998-2004. The one I snagged on fleabay was an original carbon fiber ( 2003 era) left handed POLICE model. However I was forced to sell it during a financial hard time>> but I got a good chunk of change for it. I've wondered what that early Lefty POLICE model would be worth about now?

To the best of my memory I do believe there were also a few left handed Military models back in those days as well. Correct me if I'm wrong because it's been a few days ago. That's really interesting because I didn't even know that particular Terzuola model even was available in a lefty version.
JD, I had no clue they made one either! When offered in trade I jumped at the chance. I went on Spyderwiki and saw that there was no confirmation that left handed versions existed. So it’s a special piece of my collection. Also being a righty it doesn’t get much pocket time. I do enjoy the Terzuola design aesthetic and what it brings to the edged ocean we are afloat in.

The Police market right now seems certifiable to me. I looked at a PIG model at a local gun show that had about an 1/8” of the edge sharpened off, it had the box and the guy wanted like 900.00!!!! He said he knew what he had and that was a good price. Recently I feel like with inflation and such, secondary market Spydercos are like investments. Some deals to be had if you look hard but over all everything is 25-30% higher and gaining.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

JaniSong is an absolutely two-handed knife. Overall, this is a great knife. Respect to Mr. Janich.

JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Dodge wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Dodge wrote:

JD, I had no clue they made one either! When offered in trade I jumped at the chance. I went on Spyderwiki and saw that there was no confirmation that left handed versions existed. So it’s a special piece of my collection. Also being a righty it doesn’t get much pocket time. I do enjoy the Terzuola design aesthetic and what it brings to the edged ocean we are afloat in.

The Police market right now seems certifiable to me. I looked at a PIG model at a local gun show that had about an 1/8” of the edge sharpened off, it had the box and the guy wanted like 900.00!!!! He said he knew what he had and that was a good price. Recently I feel like with inflation and such, secondary market Spydercos are like investments. Some deals to be had if you look hard but over all everything is 25-30% higher and gaining.
Those Spyderco POLICE models with that 2000 era slick Carbon Fiber handles were really impressive. I think it was a little later on in 2005-06 time slot when they released that CF Harpy. I wanted to keep one so bad but I had to sell both of them at that time because of a money crunch I was in at the time. What I wouldn't give for one of those 2005 era CF Harpy models. I had two of the full SE and one of the PE that I ended up trading for two NIB Spyders.

I don't think any of the CF Harpy models were lefty models from what all I can remember. But I'm certain there were other CF lefty models besides the POLICE lefty. I do seem to remember a left handed 440V MILLIE as well.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:08 pm
Dodge wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:10 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Dodge wrote:

Those Spyderco POLICE models with that 2000 era slick Carbon Fiber handles were really impressive. I think it was a little later on in 2005-06 time slot when they released that CF Harpy. I wanted to keep one so bad but I had to sell both of them at that time because of a money crunch I was in at the time. What I wouldn't give for one of those 2005 era CF Harpy models. I had two of the full SE and one of the PE that I ended up trading for two NIB Spyders.

I don't think any of the CF Harpy models were lefty models from what all I can remember. But I'm certain there were other CF lefty models besides the POLICE lefty. I do seem to remember a left handed 440V MILLIE as well.
I had the Police Model SS lefty and the CF lefty . A dedicated lefty CF Delica also came out around the same time . Strange the Endura never made the cut for the CF run . The CF was smooth , prone to scratches, and tiny cracks around screw holes could happen . Regardless the knives were beautiful.MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau