SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mrj

Re: SNK Manix 2 LW is coming!!!

Post by Mrj »

I keep all mine open in a ….
Bolster wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:40 pm
sock
That’s why I have so many holes in the heels and toes. :winking-tongue
MRj “Weak things break!”
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Traditional.Sharpening wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:27 am
Are you volunteering to send me some money to purchase a high end USB micro-scope to prove to all the skeptics on the internet that I have been quite successful doing very significant re-profiling and sharpening work for many folks by now that have been nothing but overjoyed at the results and go so far as to send more work my way when they can afford it?
Recently, I was challenged in a very scientific study with lots of spreadsheets on another thread of my wife's knife usage specific to but not limited to the Kitchen area to provide clearer microscopic photos of her knife's edge. I accepted this challenge by ordering a $40 wireless wifi microscope off of Amazon. Amazingly, it was a same day delivery. I was suprised at the clarity it delivers. Looks like similar models can be found around $20 - $30. I probably could have saved $10 if I spent a little more time researching a model, but research time was being swallowed by contemplating everything my wife (or secrect construction crew) does with that knife.

This is the one I got.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DV ... =UTF8&th=1
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Traditional.Sharpening

Post by Traditional.Sharpening »

JSumm wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:07 am
Are you volunteering to send me some money to purchase a high end USB micro-scope to prove to all the skeptics on the internet that I have been quite successful doing very significant re-profiling and sharpening work for many folks by now that have been nothing but overjoyed at the results and go so far as to send more work my way when they can afford it?
Recently, I was challenged in a very scientific study with lots of spreadsheets on another thread of my wife's knife usage specific to but not limited to the Kitchen area to provide clearer microscopic photos of her knife's edge. I accepted this challenge by ordering a $40 wireless wifi microscope off of Amazon. Amazingly, it was a same day delivery. I was suprised at the clarity it delivers. Looks like similar models can be found around $20 - $30. I probably could have saved $10 if I spent a little more time researching a model, but research time was being swallowed by contemplating everything my wife (or secrect construction crew) does with that knife.

This is the one I got.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DV ... =UTF8&th=1
I just looked up that post and I'd agree the quality is decent enough to get the point across. Here's the thing, I'm not interested in supporting China anymore than I have to and I won't even accept a donated a low-end Chinese example. I know these things get expensive when sourced from other non-communist nations and the reality is they aren't really needed to get quality edges, helpful perhaps at times but not a need.
vivi

Post by vivi »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 pm
The same two guys always talking so much about steels and sharpening, degrading others, their equipment, the steels, others abilities....a lot of talk, yet have never ONCE posted photos of how great at sharpening they are. Time to put up or shut up fella's. You certainly know who you are at this point...
:thinking

You know your post really sounds degrading, my friend. Why the aggressive tone?
That's just how he is. He's managed to drive off a few folks from this forum with his wonderful attitude.

Love the irony of this recent post of his paired with his signature. If only kriezek was as cultured as Rick, and flipped his knives instead of flicked them :rofl

Most his knives look like factory edges anyways, so I wouldn't put much stock in whatever he says on the subject.

Either way it's been nice having you around. There's not a lot of sharpening nerds here, so more are always welcome. I always look forward to your posts.
:unicorn
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

You're wrong vivi, by a long shot...only 5 of my knives still have the factory edge. You yourself have complimented many of my sharpening jobs :thinking Yes, I have 2 flippers, but that's not what makes them a good knife. That's just a function, opening method of the knives by design. The flippy flickiness has nothing to do with making them great.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

My mind is blown. We have this and the new GP Knives Manix LW in Rex 45. I only have the G10 one but am split between which one to get 🤣. What a time to be a Spyderco fan :)
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”
vivi

Post by vivi »

BigFishShamu wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:44 am
My mind is blown. We have this and the new GP Knives Manix LW in Rex 45. I only have the G10 one but am split between which one to get 🤣. What a time to be a Spyderco fan :)
the cool thing about the rex45 version is you'll be able to dye it anything you want. I'm interested to see what folks come up with.

between this and the 4v release it's been tempting to give the mini manix one more chance.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

4v is a pleasure to sharpen as well. Taken to 14 dps. Deburred easily, kept it at 200 grit with a couple passes on the brown rods and it's been one of my best performers at work ever since. Aggressive and toothy! Definitely tossed this one back in the pocket a few times since taking over warehouse duties again for the time being. Only took a couple passes on the browns after a week of consistent use a couple weeks ago to get back to hair popping sharpness.

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Crox

Post by Crox »

vivi wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:48 am
BigFishShamu wrote:
the cool thing about the rex45 version is you'll be able to dye it anything you want. I'm interested to see what folks come up with.

between this and the 4v release it's been tempting to give the mini manix one more chance.
Don’t say mini Manix and jinx the possibility of a smaller 3 inch version!! :winking-tongue
vivi

Post by vivi »

Crox wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:41 pm
vivi wrote:
BigFishShamu wrote:

Don’t say mini Manix and jinx the possibility of a smaller 3 inch version!! :winking-tongue
I bet they've already got a prototype of that built. It's a very popular request.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
BigFishShamu wrote:

You should!

Though I am sure for you it would be a "choil grip is mandatory" knife.
For my not small, but clearly smaller than your hand the Manix is a perfect, but already close to tight fit behind the choil (so that "like a tight glove" - fit).

But from all I know the CBBL and the sturdy, but lightweight built are to your liking...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Score!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 10.01.05 AM.png
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
attila

Post by attila »

Yup! Easy peasy!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Fyi... They added the note: ALL ORDERS WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL MONDAY, DECEMBER 18th
•• Beau
not_the_sharpest

Post by not_the_sharpest »

Got mine, always seems to be an easy process with St. Nicks.
Sig Savvy

Post by Sig Savvy »

Dammit you guys are a bad influence... :winking-tongue :bug-red-white
VipeX

Post by VipeX »

704 available but can't seem to find how many left...
Last edited by VipeX on Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Bolster wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:01 pm
Score!
Fabulous knife for the price! I'd buy one but my credit cards are to the limit!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
XjJunky

Post by XjJunky »

Scored mine, easy as could be. Took Less then 3 minutes. Now just gotta wait for it to show up.
:usflag Living Till The Death Of Me :bug-red-white
VipeX

Post by VipeX »

210 left as of now