2023 Seconds sale! ..are you going?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AlexRus

Re: 2023 Seconds sale! ..are you going?

Post by AlexRus »

Only two weeks left... :respect
Attachments
84wvuy.jpg
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

AlexRus wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:03 pm
- Nick :bug-red
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:26 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:03 pm
:grin-squint
vanka

Post by vanka »

Good luck everyone. I'm waiting for the online seconds sale. :winking-tongue
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

vanka wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:44 pm
I'm with you my brother !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

Yikes I didn't realize the sale was a big enough deal to warrant camping for a couple days. Is it worth it to show up Saturday morning or will everything worthwhile be pretty much gone by the time I get in the door? Although I'm not inclined to camp outside for this I'm also not familiar with how good the sale is. Perhaps I should get there a day early. A lot of you seem to think it's worth the wait :thinking
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It's a big deal. There is a lot of info about past sales, and how they work, here on the forum.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Everything worthwhile will not be gone if you get there Saturday at any time. You will run out of money before they run out of knives.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

GonzoRider wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:31 pm
Yikes I didn't realize the sale was a big enough deal to warrant camping for a couple days. Is it worth it to show up Saturday morning or will everything worthwhile be pretty much gone by the time I get in the door? Although I'm not inclined to camp outside for this I'm also not familiar with how good the sale is. Perhaps I should get there a day early. A lot of you seem to think it's worth the wait :thinking

A huge part of the appeal to showing up so early is hanging out in line with friends and so many likeminded Spyderco enthusiasts.

It’s definitely worth it to show up on Saturday morning. There will be plenty of knives all day long. Even some of the higher demand products like sprints and exclusives will be available all day. I can’t speak to how fast the line actually moves but it does seem like theres a steady flow of people moving through the sale all day. I would guess it’s only a few hour wait depending on when you get there on Saturday but there will be plenty to choose from no matter when you get there. The wait is shorter later in the day.
- Nick :bug-red
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

A few years back, Chris and I went back in the afternoon and walked straight in. We were looking for a particular PM2 sprint that we had only found one of in the morning. Called out to the room and turned up seven of them to choose from. I go early and camp out to see people. The Sale is just a bonus.
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

Awesome, thanks for filling me in everyone. I'll have to head down on Saturday and see what it's all about. Sounds like it should be a pretty good time. I'm not exactly a social butterfly despite the fact I'm currently on a forum lol. Hence my 12 posts in 3 months... Maybe next year I'll join you all a day or two earlier. Again much appreciated.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

GonzoRider wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:22 am
Awesome, thanks for filling me in everyone. I'll have to head down on Saturday and see what it's all about. Sounds like it should be a pretty good time. I'm not exactly a social butterfly despite the fact I'm currently on a forum lol. Hence my 12 posts in 3 months... Maybe next year I'll join you all a day or two earlier. Again much appreciated.
I'm not much a social person either and really don't like crowds. But on a whim I went last year, around 2pm. I walked right in, no line. It was crowded and hot inside, but easily manageable because I was busy being distracted with knives all over to look at. I want to go again and I will be going again. I recommend you go and check it out!
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

troutinCO wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:11 am
GonzoRider wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:22 am
I'm not much a social person either and really don't like crowds. But on a whim I went last year, around 2pm. I walked right in, no line. It was crowded and hot inside, but easily manageable because I was busy being distracted with knives all over to look at. I want to go again and I will be going again. I recommend you go and check it out!
Well that's reassuring. I'm definitely gonna regret it if I don't go. Already looking at the food truck menu and making a list of knives to look out for.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

I am always so jealous this time of year. We need lots of pictures, treat it like a Apple new product release, haha. Good luck everyone going, I will make it out there one year to join you.

Come to think of it this should be the next grand prize for the Calander contest, a 1-day trip to the Second Sale. On Sal's private jet of course. :winking-tongue
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

GonzoRider wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:19 am
Well that's reassuring. I'm definitely gonna regret it if I don't go. Already looking at the food truck menu and making a list of knives to look out for.
Yes definitely go. I kicked myself for not going earlier after finally going last year. A fun experience for sure!
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I would really encourage any of the forum folks to show up Friday night. Even if you are not the social type, keep in mind that none of us in the line knew each other before we just decided to walk up and start talking to each other. We all have a passion of knives in common which keeps the topics flowing for sure. Friday night I will have different games out there to win prizes, including some knives and some other Spyderco accessories. Life size Jenga and cornhole will be the games for prizes and I might just have a couple challenges up my sleeve. We will have a fire pit as well and there is usually food and drinks all around. It’s a really great time.

Rich
Think for yourself
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

vanka wrote:
In the UK also, when is the online seconds sales? Also will they post to the UK?
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thorien wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:17 pm
vanka wrote:
In the UK also, when is the online seconds sales? Also will they post to the UK?
No one knows the date for the next online Seconds Sale yet. It will be announced on the forum when it's coming. And yes, they will ship to the UK :bug-red
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

AlexRus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:51 pm
Thorien wrote:
vanka wrote:
No one knows the date for the next online Seconds Sale yet. It will be announced on the forum when it's coming. And yes, they will ship to the UK :bug-red
Awesome, thanks for the info ! :smiling-cheeks
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thorien wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:00 pm
AlexRus wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:51 pm
Thorien wrote:
vanka wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the info ! :smiling-cheeks
You're welcome! ✊