Magnacut Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
maansleroux

Re: Magnacut Paramilitary 2

Post by maansleroux »

zenfoldor

Post by zenfoldor »

I created an account just to post in this thread. Sorry everyone but this thread has confused me greatly and hopefully it doesn't cost me missing out on purchasing this great knife.

So in this threat, someone who seems to be revered indicates that the Salt PM2 is linerless.

On BladeHQ, the knife is currently listed for shipping here:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ut--191551

It states, "Textured black and yellow G-10 handle scales with stainless steel liners."

Honestly, if this knife has liners or not is going to be the key difference on whether I buy it or not. The PM2 is legendary, and I don't want a downgraded(weaker, I assume) version of it without liners, honestly.

However, the listing clearly states it has stainless steel liners.

A poster in this thread asked how a compression lock could be made without liners and there was no response that I could see(maybe I missed it). So I'm confused.

Does this have liners or not?

The black one is listed here:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ut--191660

It also says it has liners? Is the listing incorrect? Please help me out. Genuinely confused.
zenfoldor

Post by zenfoldor »

The knife appears to be out on Blade HQ. I can't get the forum rules to open up, but I posted(for my first time) in this thread about 20 minutes ago and it has not been approved yet. I assume my post may not have abided by these rules. if that is the case, please delete the other post(perhaps it is because of my link back to bladehq).

My question is very simple.

In this thread's earlier comments it appears as if the new PM2 salt does not have liners.

However, in the listing on bladeHQ(which I will not link in case it breaks forum rules) it states this: "Textured black and yellow G-10 handle scales with stainless steel liners."

So which is it? I wouldn't bother asking but this exact quesion will determine whether I buy the knife or not, so I don't really have anywhere else to turn.

Are the liners there but just nested like I assume? Would really like some clarity. If this posts twice, forgive me.

Thanks!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, zenfoldor:
Welcome to our forum. To answer your question, yes, the 2 Para Military 2 Salt Series models have nested liners. You can always refer to our website, or the information we released in Reveal 14.

There wasn't anything wrong with your first post; we just didn't get to it yet. Post approval is not automated, and we can't be on the forum every minute, so it can take some time. You can learn more about our approval process here.

We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Matus

Post by Matus »

It weighs exactly the same as any other G10 PM2. It has liners.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
zenfoldor

Post by zenfoldor »

Thank you so much, no offense about speed of moderation, you folks are great, I was just excited. Thank you so much for your speedy response. I'm about to order my first Spyderco!!!! So happy, thank you all.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Nested liners. Salt. Will be great.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I wonder, will the new Salt PM2 fit typical aftermarket scales?

I like Maganacut, but don't care for the black and yellow. I'd love to throw some Micarta on there!
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

There is also a really good looking black blade black handle model.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Whether you need the corrosion resistance or not, this is a step above previous PM2s IMO due to magnacut steel and the extra machining on the handle. Corrosion resistant hardware is an extra plus for me, but I know many don't need it. The last thing I should prolly spend money on is another PM2 for the collection but I really like this and might have to.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I thought the last PM2 that I got was going the be the last PM2 that I get but this one is going to the next last PM2 that I get. Just one more… right? :discguised

As much as I like the all black variant, I love how the scales on the satin model highlight the milling pattern with a yellow layer underneath the black. It reminds me of an abstract fish bone. I really enjoy how it shares the same design language as the Caribbean too but in it’s own unique way. It’s developing a cohesive identity that makes it easily identifiable as part of the Salt series based on that pattern alone. Spyderco call’s it their “signature Caribbean Bi-Directional Texture™ pattern” but I’m fond of “Fish Bone pattern” for short. :grin-squint

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... t-reg-/250

https://www.spyderco.com/pix/products/l ... CBK2_L.jpg
-Nick :bug-red
SAF-1

Post by SAF-1 »

UGLY 🙉
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Yeah, my eyes are burning. Think I’ll pass.

Never thought I’d say this because I was really excited for Magnacut, but I managed to scratch that itch over the last year with so many excellent (and pretty) options outside the Spydie universe. :-||
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
zenfoldor

Post by zenfoldor »

Thanks for the info about the liners. I got the black dlc version! So hyped. I have a lot of knives but this is my first knife I will be truly proud to own that isn’t a family heirloom. It is beautiful to me.

Hey Spyderco, I really want a Shaman in MagnaCut or cru-wear next please, and I will have my second Spyderco, haha. So hyped and happy this knife exists.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

To each their own. I think they both look great. I don't see how anyone could have an issue with the all black one at least.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have to go with Nick’s thoughts, I do like the Fish Bone look , hopefully PM2 has corrosion resistant hardware . It will be an eventual buy after Manix 2 , StretchXL and Chief . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

IMG_6134.jpeg
The scales

I plan on buying both versions
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Freediver wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:04 am
IMG_6134.jpeg
The scales

I plan on buying both versions
LOL!

*The scales looking at my wallet*
-Nick :bug-red
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

nice. i really like the look, honestly. i hope the manix and military get the same treatment. i might have to finally buy a pm2 though.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C