NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by MacLaren »

Hehehe.....I ❤️ Jack Lambert!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

😆 🤣 😂 yall see Steve Smith, Sr. rip Jerry Jeudy a new one????
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Can't be with yall tonight, watching the Braves try to stave off elimination in Philly tonight!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

If Thursday football could still be on NFL Network, that wouldn't be an issue! :steam-nose
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Even though the Chiefs won last night it doesn't seem like the local fanbase are happy at all. And I will admit that there has been something really hollow and void about most all of their victories this season. The Bears game about 3 weeks ago was the only game where they really showed their talent potential.

Too many veteran receivers walked during this past off season. However their defense has really ramped upward. Their 5-1 record is mostly attributed to the defense. Mahomes has been average at best. If it wasn't for Travis Kelce and Chris Jones they would most likely have a record of 2-4 or even worse.

But the Broncos and the Patriots are truly complete disasters this season.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I heard Andy Reid was talking about something being off too. Even with the refs helping the Chiefs as much as they have, their strength of victories have been weak and they haven't really played anyone that good yet. Then on top of that, they’re only scheduled to play two good teams for the rest of the season. (Dolphins, Eagles) I think it’s going to be difficult to accurately gauge how good they truly are come playoff time.

Ultimately though, none of that will matter. The Chiefs are going to win the Superbowl this year, I guarantee it. 🤷‍♂️
-Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:42 am
I heard Andy Reid was talking about something being off too. Even with the refs helping the Chiefs as much as they have, their strength of victories have been weak and they haven't really played anyone that good yet. Then on top of that, they’re only scheduled to play two good teams for the rest of the season. (Dolphins, Eagles) I think it’s going to be difficult to accurately gauge how good they truly are come playoff time.

Ultimately though, none of that will matter. The Chiefs are going to win the Superbowl this year, I guarantee it. 🤷‍♂️
It is so weird today because I've listened to two of the sports radio stations here in KC today and the mood is truly like the Chiefs lost the game last night. The comments from the fans are so negative you would think we have a 1-5 record instead of a 5-1 winning record.

This whole season has been weird thus far. I can't believe what has happened to your Patriots team. I never in my life ever thought I would be seeing Belichick with a losing record. In spite of the fact that I don't like that team I even felt sorry for Bill Belichick during his interview the other day>> the guy sounded depressed and lost. The Broncos entire team are also about to completely implode all together. They are going to be forced to eat those monster contracts for Sean Payton and Russell Wilson>> because none of that is going to work out for the Walton family. And to think with the rich history of both Broncos and Patriots have had over the years it's really spooky how it's all playing out.

Oh! and by the way the Chiefs also have the play the Bengals and Bills too. You must know something I don't because I have my sincere doubts that the Chiefs will go beyond the first round of the playoffs. The only "ACE IN THE HOLE" the Chiefs have at this time is their much improved defense. With Charles Omenihu to return next game will be most interesting. I can't believe the defense played that good without him for the past 6 games.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

There is a lot of things that have added up to land the Patriots where they are now. It’s unfair to blame it on one person too, in my opinion. It’s a combination of a lot of different things but I think much of their current struggles stem from their actual cash spending. They’re often one of the bottom five teams in the league when it comes to their actual cash spent.

In regards to the Broncos, I think they’re all in on getting the #1 pick to draft QB Caleb Williams out of USC. Their big competition is the Bears though because they have both the Panthers and their own first round picks. The Broncos are effectively competing with two teams for it, so they’ll need to be extra bad this year. :grin-squint

The Bills have been looked good this year, so that will be another difficult game but the Bengals have not looked like the same team this year. Burrow has been playing injured and their Oline still looks like swiss cheese at times. Depending on where the Bengals are in the standings when they play the Chiefs, that game may be played by Jake Browning at QB. (Who? Exactly.)

I don’t believe the NFL has much of any integrity anymore. I don’t like the way they use the refs to manipulate the games. I was willfully ignorant of it when the Patriots were on the receiving end of the refs benefits but now that it’s happening to another team, I can’t help but notice it.

The Patriots went from a $170 Million franchise when Kraft bought the team to a $6 Billion franchise today because of the dynasty they created with Brady and Belichick. I believe the league would love to repeat that kind of growth, in anyway possible and the Chiefs are in position to accomplish that right now. The league probably has the dynasty marketing for the Chiefs primed and ready to go.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man I hope Tennessee wins thus game!!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Only have the Browns vs 49ers game for todays 1pm slot. While watching I noticed they changed the color of the Elf logo on their field to match the white uniforms they’re wearing today. Thought that was an interesting little detail. :cheap-sunglasses
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Jets beat the Eagles and Browns beat the 49ers. Maybe the Giants will complete the underdog trifecta?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Both of those teams won with backup quarterbacks...and the Giants have one playing tonight too! Ya never know I guess!

-Rick
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Browns beat the 49ers, Jets beat the Eagles, and the Patriots arent going to beat anyone for the rest of the season. :( I honestly expect a 1-16 season. They’re not a great team to begin with and couple that with the stupid amount of injuries they’re dealing with right now… Their chances are not looking good. :head-bandage
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Mushroom wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm
Browns beat the 49ers, Jets beat the Eagles, and the Patriots arent going to beat anyone for the rest of the season. :( I honestly expect a 1-16 season. They’re not a great team to begin with and couple that with the stupid amount of injuries they’re dealing with right now… Their chances are not looking good. :head-bandage
The Pats may wind up being able to draft Drake Maye, my man from UNC!
Belichick & Co. would be back in business!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

It’s always a scary situation when an ambulance has to be brought out onto the field! Praying for Damien Harris and his well being! 🙏
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:36 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:59 pm
The Pats may wind up being able to draft Drake Maye, my man from UNC!
Belichick & Co. would be back in business!
I do think they’ll be in a position to get one of the better QB prospects this year. Ive heard Drake Mayes name mentioned a lot with Caleb Williams pretty much guaranteed to go #1 overall… who knows the Pats might even end up with that pick when all is said and done. I don’t know but what I do know is that this seasons officially a bust for the Pats!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Wild ending to that Giants/Bills game. 100% pass interference again on that last pass. Can’t believe that went uncalled.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Between that and the blunder at the end of the half...we should have had that game!! Very impressed with the defense though, hopefully they can build on that performance.

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I was rooting for the Giants last night. They almost pulled it off!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Jason Whitlock Video tells the story

Post by JD Spydo »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:33 am

I don’t believe the NFL has much of any integrity anymore. I don’t like the way they use the refs to manipulate the games. I was willfully ignorant of it when the Patriots were on the receiving end of the refs benefits but now that it’s happening to another team, I can’t help but notice it.
This is quite an interesting observation you make and those are some great points you bring up. And it's so timely because I just watched a recent video last night by Jason Whitlock on the Youtube platform. The title of that video is "Roger Goodell's" NFL Trending Toward An "Enron" Fall Episode 547" In that video Jason Whitlock and a co-host named Steve Kim pointed out some really interesting trends manifesting in the NFL at this time with recent games. They made the point that in several of these games the place kickers are vying for the game MVP. The video shows the decline of the overall excitement level of the game.

The recent Chiefs game for example was literally won by place kicker Harrison Butker. And that's not an isolated example either. A place kicker being the ultimate hero should be the exception and not the norm.
I do encourage you all to take a look at Jason Whitlock's video episode 547. I do think that Jason Whitlock has made some excellent points about the obvious detrimental changes of the NFL. It boils my blood that so many QB sacks are ruled as "Roughing The Passer". The Chris Jones tackle last season of Derek Carr last season was a prime example. The Arrowhead fans were livid and rightfully so because it was truly a clean tackle and Chris Jones even stripped the ball on that play too. But there are dozens more examples of the NFL becoming feminized to some degree.

Because people it's "Tackle Football"!!! for crying out loud. And that's what gave the game it's ultimate excitement level. But the NFL is trending toward making the game something completely different. I've been a fan since the days of the Chiefs with Lenny Dawson and coach Hank Stram>> and these recent changes will not bode well for the NFL in the long haul. Not to mention the days of Roger Staubach and legendary coach Tom Landry when the entire nation would be on the edge of their seat watching a super exciting game. And those games had some really mean action which the fans loved. Yeah players got injured and there was some obviously dirty play in some of those games. But people the bottom line "That's Football" for crying out loud!!!! And that's the way the pioneers of the game meant it to be. That's why it became as popular as it did. But I do think that Jason Whitlock nailed it!!