Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Brock O Lee

Re: Does anyone here ride motorcycles?!?

Post by Brock O Lee »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:40 am
Found this unicorn model, only produced one year during BMW's ownership of Husqvarna before KTM took over and discontinued it.

Husqvarna TR 650 Terra

Nice score! Those are sweet!

I rode a BMW 650 XChallenge for 6 years. Same engine and form factor as the Terra that came afterwards. I wanted one for a while but bought a twin cylinder adventure bike instead.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

In the same vein,
the second time I quit riding was after this 2002 BMW F650GS.
The low suspension version allowed my precision sized self
to put both toes on the ground.

This was the successor fully brought in house
to the original BMW F650 "Funduro"
assembled by Aprilia in Italy with the Austrian Rotax engine.

Barely visible are the scars on the battered helmet.
Even after several bad get offs, I still lacked good sense.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:50 am
Larry_Mott wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:40 am
Found this unicorn model, only produced one year during BMW's ownership of Husqvarna before KTM took over and discontinued it.

Husqvarna TR 650 Terra

Nice score! Those are sweet!

I rode a BMW 650 XChallenge for 6 years. Same engine and form factor as the Terra that came afterwards. I wanted one for a while but bought a twin cylinder adventure bike instead.
They are/were similar. The Husqvarna was hiked up to 58 Bhp though :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

My favorite season for long bike rides is autumn. Yesterday I sat on it for 5 1/2 hours and today it was 6 1/2 hours... I bought this motorcycle 6 weeks ago and I regret that the cold season will start in a few weeks.
The pictures are from today. :smlling-eyes

Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Peter1960 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:27 pm
My favorite season for long bike rides is autumn.
You are correct, Sir. The shoulder season.
Better weather, lower rates for hotels,
fewer tourists, less traffic.
Can't beat it.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
OldBaldGuy

Post by OldBaldGuy »

Either a BMW R18 with a Watsonian-Squire sidecar, or BMW R1250RS, depending on mood, errands, and weather.
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I LOVE to ride! I commute as much as possible and go out for rides with buddies at least once a week when the weathers nice (sadly in PA that’s not as much as I’d like). I’ve always been into sport bikes but I don’t like the horrible riding position of a full on crotch rocket so I like the naked bikes or street fighters some call them. Still very fast and sporty and in the street will do 95% of what a rocket can do but are much more comfortable. My current ride is one of my dream bikes I’d always wanted. Found a good deal on her back in 2020 barely used. It’s a 2018 Triumph Street Triple R 765, hence my username (the Street Triple is referred to as the “Striple”).

Out with a couple buddies up by worlds end state park.

Here she is after getting a bath.

This was a really fun and fast ride! A lot of track day guys came to this one. Ended up being a 340 mile ride all up through northern PA on some gorgeous twisties.

Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Striple765Rider

Naperville wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:06 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:28 pm
I hear you buddy ! Mine is the Isle of Man .
That would be fantastic as well!
That’s my biggest bucket list item as well!! I’d love to meet Guy Martin or any of the Dunlop family. They’re all legends!

I saw where somebody mentioned hitting the apex. Some other REALLY good bike movie/documentaries are faster and fastest. They follow, mostly, the great Valentino Rossi in his career. It’s also got s lot of the others like Marquez and Pedrosa and the young Italian kid that died sadly (can’t think of his name for nothing right now). Another great movie is “why we ride”. I have that on DVD as well.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:28 am
I LOVE to ride! I commute as much as possible and go out for rides with buddies at least once a week when the weathers nice (sadly in PA that’s not as much as I’d like). I’ve always been into sport bikes but I don’t like the horrible riding position of a full on crotch rocket so I like the naked bikes or street fighters some call them. Still very fast and sporty and in the street will do 95% of what a rocket can do but are much more comfortable. My current ride is one of my dream bikes I’d always wanted. Found a good deal on her back in 2020 barely used. It’s a 2018 Triumph Street Triple R 765, hence my username (the Street Triple is referred to as the “Striple”).

Out with a couple buddies up by worlds end state park.

Here she is after getting a bath.

This was a really fun and fast ride! A lot of track day guys came to this one. Ended up being a 340 mile ride all up through northern PA on some gorgeous twisties.

I have been hoping to see your triple ! Looks awesome ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:35 am
Naperville wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
That’s my biggest bucket list item as well!! I’d love to meet Guy Martin or any of the Dunlop family. They’re all legends!

I saw where somebody mentioned hitting the apex. Some other REALLY good bike movie/documentaries are faster and fastest. They follow, mostly, the great Valentino Rossi in his career. It’s also got s lot of the others like Marquez and Pedrosa and the young Italian kid that died sadly (can’t think of his name for nothing right now). Another great movie is “why we ride”. I have that on DVD as well.
GET ON INSTAGRAM!!!! YouTube has some race related material as well. Instagram is loaded with sports-car and motorcycle racing related content during the racing season. Heck, I block everyone and look at content for 2hrs straight no problem.

Follow the following on Instagram. These are the basics. You can also follow the teams, riders, sponsors:
- corvette
- ferrari
- mclarenauto
- lamborghini
- astonmartin
- ferrarilakeforest
- toyotausa
- supercarblondie
- petrolgears
- ferrarihood
- ferraricarworld
- clientcollection

- motogp
- worldsbk
- motogpesport
- ducaticorse
- yamahamotogp
- gresiniracing
- aruba.it_racing
- vr46racingteam
- aprilia
- akrapovic
- agvhelmets
- shoeihelmetsusa
- cyanate81
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Striple765Rider

Naperville wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:53 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:
Naperville wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:

GET ON INSTAGRAM!!!! YouTube has some race related material as well. Instagram is loaded with sports-car and motorcycle racing related content during the racing season. Heck, I block everyone and look at content for 2hrs straight no problem.

Follow the following on Instagram. These are the basics. You can also follow the teams, riders, sponsors:
- corvette
- ferrari
- mclarenauto
- lamborghini
- astonmartin
- ferrarilakeforest
- toyotausa
- supercarblondie
- petrolgears
- ferrarihood
- ferraricarworld
- clientcollection

- motogp
- worldsbk
- motogpesport
- ducaticorse
- yamahamotogp
- gresiniracing
- aruba.it_racing
- vr46racingteam
- aprilia
- akrapovic
- agvhelmets
- shoeihelmetsusa
- cyanate81
😂 I’m already on there! My name on there is Striplerider77. I’ll have to check out those ones you mentioned. I look at a looooot of motorcycle stuff on there. lol

-Dave
Striple765Rider

And me and my buddy Mike went on a 150 mile ride today because it decided to be beautiful and warm in central PA these few days. He’s got a mean ZX10 that is mainly his track bike but since the season is pretty much over he put it back to street duty. It’s got full suspension work, full exhaust and a tune and put 187hp to the rear tire!!! I call it the beast. 😂

-Dave
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:44 pm
Naperville wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:53 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:
Naperville wrote:

- corvette
- ferrari
- mclarenauto
- lamborghini
- astonmartin
- ferrarilakeforest
- toyotausa
- supercarblondie
- petrolgears
- ferrarihood
- ferraricarworld
- clientcollection

- motogp
- worldsbk
- motogpesport
- ducaticorse
- yamahamotogp
- gresiniracing
- aruba.it_racing
- vr46racingteam
- aprilia
- akrapovic
- agvhelmets
- shoeihelmetsusa
- cyanate81
😂 I’m already on there! My name on there is Striplerider77. I’ll have to check out those ones you mentioned. I look at a looooot of motorcycle stuff on there. lol
I have no followers on Instagram. I block them all. I do not post anything, I'm there to absorb all of the material. It's all about the Ducatis, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Yamahas, Hondas, MotoGP, World Superbike, racing teams....I take no no time for chit chattin.

One day 2 or 3 weeks ago I got on Instagram. It's fantastic....nothing but pictures and videos of my favorite subjects. I get on lets say at 3PM, and I start looking at all the materials. I skipped dinner. I look at the clock and it's 2AM!

:winking-tongue

NOBODY WARNED ME ABOUT INSTAGRAM

My favorite cars and motorcycles so far:
- $100,000+ Ducati Superleggera V4
- Yamaha R1M
- Something similar to a "USSV Rhino" maybe a bullet-proof Caddy truck
- New Corvette z06/07
- 68/69 Pontiac Firebird
- Ferrari 296 gt3
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster
- Bugatti Bolide
- Maybach
- Ferrari’s first road-legal XX car. Ferrari SF90 XX Stradale
- Ferrari 812 Competizione Coupe
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:48 pm
And me and my buddy Mike went on a 150 mile ride today because it decided to be beautiful and warm in central PA these few days. He’s got a mean ZX10 that is mainly his track bike but since the season is pretty much over he put it back to street duty. It’s got full suspension work, full exhaust and a tune and put 187hp to the rear tire!!! I call it the beast. 😂

187HP would be a gas!
Striple765Rider

Naperville wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:47 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:

187HP would be a gas!
Yeah it’s an absolute monster. It’ll power wheelie the front end up on its own at 130mph in 3rd and 4th gear. His YouTube channel is “RiderX trackdays”. He has a bunch of videos from his track days. Crazy how fast that thing will get to high 150’s and 160’s on the straights.

-Dave
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm
Naperville wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:47 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:

187HP would be a gas!
Yeah it’s an absolute monster. It’ll power wheelie the front end up on its own at 130mph in 3rd and 4th gear. His YouTube channel is “RiderX trackdays”. He has a bunch of videos from his track days. Crazy how fast that thing will get to high 150’s and 160’s on the straights.
My undoing will be trying to break 200 or 225 MPH before I'm pushing up daisies. I ran my 2001 GSX-R750 flat out for 10 miles several times. The speedo said 187 but others have said they do not think it was accurate. I have no idea so the only way I'm willing to break 200 would be to go 225+ and make sure.

:winking-tongue

There are many firms selling devices that allow you to flash the computers and put a few components on the motorcycles now, and they turn into 230HP bikes!!!! Not sure if that is good enough for 200, but I'd be willing to find out.
Striple765Rider

😂 230hp would definitely be good enough for 200. It’s all in gearing and aeros. A stock Hyabusa or ZX14 with an ECU flash (to get rid of the 188mph limiter from the factory) can break 200. They’re geared really tall and have great Aeros so you can get tucked in that bubble. A lot of the brand new liter bikes are up right around 200hp from the factory now but even with their limiters removed (the motorcycle industry came up with a gentleman’s rule years ago to limit the bikes to 188mph) a lot of them will hit their rev limiters in 6th at about 195 or so. And yes motorcycle speedometers are usually high by about 5% so they’re generally reading faster than you’re actually going.

-Dave
GonzoRider

Post by GonzoRider »

Striple765Rider wrote:

I really dig your Triumph but I especially like your buddie's ZX-10R. I used to own the exact same one. It wasn't quite that modded out but more than fast enough for the street. It is indeed a beast! I finally moved onto the naked bikes after riding mostly sportbikes for 11 years prior. Currently aboard a KTM 1290 Super Duke R which is also known as the beast lol. I'll have to upload some pics. Hope you guys get some more decent weather before that miserable time of year. Looks like I'm screwed for a little while here in Colorado. Enjoy the racing this weekend everyone. Gotta love a dual MotoGP and WSBK weekend!
"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

135 was as fast as I could stand it
on my naked 1998 Yamaha V-Max.
Though it was capable of more,
I was not.

Down here we have the Texas Mile.
The objective is to break 200 mph.
Four motorcycles achieved that in March of this year.
The fastest speed being Tommy Fabregas Ninja ZX-14R at 227.4.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/2443237719170773

I never went but a friend of mine
from my little hometown aired out his Ninja on it.
Might be your cup of tea.
https://www.theusmileracing.com/
Striple765Rider

GonzoRider wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:30 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:

I really dig your Triumph but I especially like your buddie's ZX-10R. I used to own the exact same one. It wasn't quite that modded out but more than fast enough for the street. It is indeed a beast! I finally moved onto the naked bikes after riding mostly sportbikes for 11 years prior. Currently aboard a KTM 1290 Super Duke R which is also known as the beast lol. I'll have to upload some pics. Hope you guys get some more decent weather before that miserable time of year. Looks like I'm screwed for a little while here in Colorado. Enjoy the racing this weekend everyone. Gotta love a dual MotoGP and WSBK weekend!
**** yeah the super duke is a freaking beast too!! Definitely top 2 or 3 fastest nakeds made today. I got to ride a brand new Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS a couple months back at a Triumph demo day and oh my God!!!! A 180hp naked bike is soooo much fun!!! That thing just instantly lifted and carried the front wheel at pretty much any speed and any gear from 4th gear and down. I had the wheelie control on the medium setting so it would just kind of hold it about 6-8” of the ground and flicker the traction light. Man that thing was nice!!! $18,000 is a little steep for my budget though. I’ll just have to make due with my little baby Triple.

-Dave