COMING SOON!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ladybug93

Re: COMING SOON!!!

Post by ladybug93 »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:12 pm
bobnikon wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:51 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:15 pm
_ A _ _ A _ U _ _ A _ I _ 2?
SANMAI URBAN IN (INTEGRAL) 2? I didn't realize there was an INTEGRAL 1...
:zany

You were playing Wheel of Fortune and I was playing Hangman!
Either way... you lost... thanks for playing! :cheap-sunglasses
:rofl

it's magnacut manix 2. i didn't respond because the thread isn't about that, although it's part of the equation.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

LOL I got a good kick out of the OP! :grin-squint

I will say, I also find it kind of an odd decision to tease a digital teaser. It’s a digital catalog, whats the hold up… publish it already! :thinking

It used to just be the products in the reveal catalog that got delayed, now its the actual reveal catalog itself thats being delayed! :grin-squint
-Nick :bug-red
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:16 pm

:rofl

it's magnacut manix 2. i didn't respond because the thread isn't about that, although it's part of the equation.
I think I'm following along pretty well. The root cause of the frustration would be the extended wait time after a good teaser. The Manix2 Salt was teased... now we're anticipating the Reveal that it's going to inevitably be in... and then they teased a Reveal that it may or may not be in. And I get it that that applies to more than the Manix2 Salt. I personally would rather get the "sneak peaks" and a long wait as opposed to no "sneak peak" at all.
They altered the Reveal program a little while back. Maybe there was a plan set in motion that they're working towards? To minimize the time frame between the Reveal and delivery. I don't know. But I also don't know if that applies to the Manix2 Salt because it hasn't officially been Revealed and we're probably not really supposed to know about it.
•• Beau
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I miss the old days
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:10 pm
I miss the old days
I second
MRj “Weak things break!”
pleadnotguilty

Post by pleadnotguilty »

yablanowitz wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:13 pm
Well, some people think "soon" is before the end of the year, and others think it's before the end of the word.
Truth!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

yablanowitz wrote:
Well, some people think "soon" is before the end of the year, and others think it's before the end of the world.

So, Yab, are you betting that the Magnacut Manix debuts before the end of the world, or after?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

This thread and these kinds of complaints are why Spyderco had to change the way they made their catalog, why the Amsterdam meet can’t be shared, and why Sal is more tight lipped about what is coming in the future. It’s a real shame and I miss the old days. It was a lot more fun.

The instant gratification knife buyers of the world need to learn some patience.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:54 pm
This thread and these kinds of complaints are why Spyderco had to change the way they made their catalog, why the Amsterdam meet can’t be shared, and why Sal is more tight lipped about what is coming in the future. It’s a real shame and I miss the old days. It was a lot more fun.

The instant gratification knife buyers of the world need to learn some patience.
if you think this thread is about instant gratification, you haven't read it.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

yablanowitz wrote:
Well, some people think "soon" is before the end of the year, and others think it's before the end of the word.
That saying used to mean something, but with everything going on, it's hard to know which comes first.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

The Reveal reveal was probably a bit unnecessary. I too was refreshing the forum regularly after the teaser, but zooming out a bit, it seems pretty obvious they want to time this reveal with Blade show west. I didn't think of that at first, but it seems quite reasonable to think they want to co-ordinate the timing of these two events to get the most publicity and momentum toward new releases in their pipeline.

If they want to remind their most loyal following a new reveal is right around the corner, the Byte newsletter seems like a good channel to do so. Byte seem to be on a pretty regular release schedule, but who knows, maybe they could or should have delayed it. Would that interfere with their workflow? Is it even something you think about? I mean, is 13 days really not in the realm of "soon" for grown ups that already have a ton of knives? I know I'd run the risk of doing the same misjudgment if I was in their shoes.

I'll take the occasional insights, causal bombshells and discrete hints with any degree of delay or "failure" to deliver. It's some of what makes Spyderco different, and sure makes this place a bit more spicy.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

aicolainen wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:11 am
The Reveal reveal was probably a bit unnecessary. I too was refreshing the forum regularly after the teaser, but zooming out a bit, it seems pretty obvious they want to time this reveal with Blade show west. I didn't think of that at first, but it seems quite reasonable to think they want to co-ordinate the timing of these two events to get the most publicity and momentum toward new releases in their pipeline.

If they want to remind their most loyal following a new reveal is right around the corner, the Byte newsletter seems like a good channel to do so. Byte seem to be on a pretty regular release schedule, but who knows, maybe they could or should have delayed it. Would that interfere with their workflow? Is it even something you think about? I mean, is 13 days really not in the realm of "soon" for grown ups that already have a ton of knives? I know I'd run the risk of doing the same misjudgment if I was in their shoes.

I'll take the occasional insights, causal bombshells and discrete hints with any degree of delay or "failure" to deliver. It's some of what makes Spyderco different, and sure makes this place a bit more spicy.
If that is the case they need to put some kind of trajectory with there tease post. Because many members here are not from the US and hardly know any US knife shows let alone there date’s. So a sentence like coming in a few weeks isn’t really that revealing and gives them all the time they want without setting a real target date , while on the same time it does let people now its not for today or tomorrow so they do not click there selves a heart attack because looking at some people here some are a bit to hyped up for there own good … :squinting-tongue
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:53 pm
yablanowitz wrote:
Well, some people think "soon" is before the end of the year, and others think it's before the end of the world.

So, Yab, are you betting that the Magnacut Manix debuts before the end of the world, or after?
My money is on after the expansion is completed, new machinery is up and running and new personel are trained. For those with the patience of a ferret on crack, that's way after the end of the world. Not that I personally give a rip about the Magnacut anything.

Edit to add: "word" was not a typo in my post. Some folks think "soon" is before the n. Personally, I don't think the Reveal process is achieving its purpose, and I would not be disappointed to see it on the discontinued list.
Last edited by yablanowitz on Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

I like to say “soooooon,” with six o’s.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:05 am
Personally, I don't think the Reveal process is achieving its purpose, and I would not be disappointed to see it on the discontinued list.

Nah, the Reveals are cool. They're a source of entertainment for me. I like seeing the new knives Spyderco is going to make. But it doesn't matter when the Reveal is revealed. Invariably, the new knives won't be available for some indeterminate length of time. If the Reveal is revealed today, I still can't get the new knives right away. So timing doesn't matter.

A benefit of the Reveals is that they can save you money. Suppose you're thinking of buying the Spyderco Stabbyslash 2000 in 420C and have enough shekels in your piggy bank to finally make the move. But then the Reveal comes out, and you see the new Stickiepoke in Megaslice15, which is like a thousand times better than the Stabbyslash for the same price. You decide to skip the Stabbyslash and hold on to your money until the Stickiepoke drops. Money saved. Thank you, Spyderco Reveals.

standy99

Post by standy99 »

So the Reveal of the Reveal has us talking about the Reveal before the Reveal is Revealed

Marketing department - Job done :fist-bump
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
nonstainless

Post by nonstainless »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:47 am
yablanowitz wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:05 am
Personally, I don't think the Reveal process is achieving its purpose, and I would not be disappointed to see it on the discontinued list.

Nah, the Reveals are cool. They're a source of entertainment for me. I like seeing the new knives Spyderco is going to make. But it doesn't matter when the Reveal is revealed. Invariably, the new knives won't be available for some indeterminate length of time. If the Reveal is revealed today, I still can't get the new knives right away. So timing doesn't matter.

A benefit of the Reveals is that they can save you money. Suppose you're thinking of buying the Spyderco Stabbyslash 2000 in 420C and have enough shekels in your piggy bank to finally make the move. But then the Reveal comes out, and you see the new Stickiepoke in Megaslice15, which is like a thousand times better than the Stabbyslash for the same price. You decide to skip the Stabbyslash and hold on to your money until the Stickiepoke drops. Money saved. Thank you, Spyderco Reveals.

Timing does matter. The benefit of the reveals was that one could look forward to a new design that would be available SOON. Under such a long production delays this concept doesn't work any more.
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. L11:35
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i do like that i can plan ahead for releases, but you still never know when they'll drop. originally, i think it was supposed to be within 90 days and some have taken 2 years. that's why i just roll my eyes at people talking about patience.

we're all fans here. i'm sure most of us have been excited for a release or a reveal. instead of being dismissive, it's okay to recognize that things aren't working the way they should (i.e. they way we were told they would).
current collection:
spyderco steels:
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

The new catalogs, reveals, and sudden sprint runs keep me excited. I just need a buffer in my back account to cover whatever may pop up. That is on me.

Spyderco has always treated me right. I never received a bad knife. Even the knives that I miss out on get me excited. Somebody bought them....thinking of you 15V!

KEEP GOING SPYDERCO! :party-face
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
olywa

Post by olywa »

Lovin' this mostly good-natured thread. Spyderco is walking the fine line between "give 'em something" and "give 'em nothing". There will be frustration either way.