NFL 2023-2024 Season

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: NFL 2023-2024 Season

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:34 am
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:10 am
Hey, absolutely no shame in losing to Jacksonville next......I sure would have bet that KC would have lost to tye Jags way before the Lions.
Jacksonville is a very dangerous team.
When they signed Doug Pederson as their HC, I was so relieved for Trevor Lawrence
So, don't sweat that if it happens Joe. The Jags are one of the better teams in the league
When the Chiefs lose to the Cardinals, then you can hit the panic button lol...
Chiefs are gonna be just fine.
Detroit just played a great game last night. It was a very, very, narrow defeat as well. Not like KC was blown out.
Sorry MAC: I have to respectfully disagree with you. Even though the Lions only beat the Chiefs by one point that doesn't even begin to show how horribly the Chiefs played overall last night. The receiving corps were absolutely disgraceful. Mahomes had virtually no support at all with everything considered. It was a truly sickening, disgraceful loss any way you carve it up.

In spite of Kelce and Chris Jones being out of the game they still could have won it if they had simply executed a few basics.

I think they may have blown it when they passed up on getting Hopkins when they had the chance. And if Chris Jones doesn't come to some settlement soon the team just won't have the chemistry they need to win critical games. This coming game with the Jags is really a "Do or Die" situation. And I'm not optimistic at this point. Mahomes simply can't carry the entire team. There was no rhythm in the offense what so ever.
Gotta say Joe, the Chiefs are gtg. It's just the Lions are **** good from what I saw last night.
Chiefs will.be fine..I really believe that.
They'll get Kelce back, and sign Jones. Like SG89 said, this really helps his case
Only thing that concerns me with KC is them not signing Jones yet.
I wouldn't be suprised at all if they repeat as SB Champs to be quite honest. Barring injuries and signing Jones of course.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Is the AFC loaded or what? 😆
Burrow just got PAID.
Thinking about all the QB's in the AFC, it's s pretty safe bet what Conference will win the Super Bowl...not an absolute lock, but extremely good odds!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

🐻 VS 🧀

Go Bears!!!! 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:31 pm
🐻 VS 🧀

Go Bears!!!! 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
Man, Fields is really struggling....
He has a really hard time reading the defense it seems.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Gotta say, I'm really disappointed in Kenny Pickens.
I expected a helluva lot more today.
I really thought Pittsburgh was better than this.
However, San Francisco could very well be a Super Bowl caliber team....they may just be able to win it all if Purdy keeps this chit up.. 😆
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Didn't make it to the game today but there will be a Patriots Hall of Fame induction in Gillette stadium for Brady next June that I will definitely be attending!

Pats couldn’t get the win today against the Eagles, even though they might’ve outplayed them for three quarters. Final score was 25-20 but that was in part due to a pick 6 during the Pats first drive, in the pouring rain. Excuses, excuses, excuses… Disappointing to lose but there was still a lot to be optimistic about after this game. The Pats defense did a good job containing that Eagles high powered offense, mostly holding them to field goals, and their offense showed promise against their similarly high powered defense. The Pats had a few crucial mistakes that really cost them, especially early in the game, but they should be able to clean things up for next week.

The first quarter of the Patriots game looks a lot like the first quarter of this Cowboys/Giants game. A few untimely mistakes lead to a 16-0 game. Funny coincidence.
- Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:30 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:31 pm
🐻 VS 🧀

Go Bears!!!! 🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈
Man, Fields is really struggling....
He has a really hard time reading the defense it seems.
It was maddening once again. Everybody keeps telling me how great Fields is but I'm just not seeing it yet. Yes, he can run the ball but we really need a quarterback. Of course a big part of the reason he needs to run the ball is because the line doesn't give him enough time. Don't even get me started on the play calling
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. Cowboys up 33-0 in New York tonight
I really thought Giants just might win this game
Big D came to play tonight!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Wow. Looks like Dallas will throw a shutout tonight. A 40-0 shutout.
Believe I would fire Daboll on the spot if I owned the Giants.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Are the Cowboys that dominant this year or did the Giants just lay an egg? It would be nice if this game was a bit of a fluke for both teams because the Patriots have them both on their schedule this year. :winking-tongue
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Nice win before the bad man does bad things to us next week
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The Jets are still the Jets. I refuse to believe they’re going to change until I see it. Im taking the Cowboys in that one.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

The Cowboys are still the Cowboys until proven otherwise. But they did finally beat the Patriots and also Brady. 2 things they had never done before. Doesn’t sound like much of an accomplishment but it was very awesome for me when it finally happened. They have at least one win against the bad man but they need more. Revenge tour 2023.
Spydergirl88
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Yikes...glad I went to bed at half to miss the rest of the mess. Between that and the Brewers losing to the Yankees, after pitching a no hitter through 11 innings. That was a bad sports day.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Just a reminder that the game tonight is on ABC too
Spydergirl88
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:37 am
Mahomes was off on some of his throws too. Probably bc he had to be the leading rusher that night. And he took some hits after the throw. Chiefs need a running back… maybe trade for the colts disgruntled running back or is he too injured?
The Chiefs have a potentially premier running back with Isaiah Pacheco. I do look for him to get 1000 yds plus this season once he gets in gear..

Being you are an ardent Cowboys fan I would like to run this by you to see what you think. With the Cowboys obviously ramping up their defense this past off season I really think that their 'defense" might just get them to the big dance.

Here is what I'm proposing. They could trade CeeDee Lamb along with a couple of draft picks to the Chiefs for Chris Jones.
That would give the Cowboys a defense similar to the 84-85 Bears and Mahomes could run up points like a pinball machine with Lamb and Kelce both to throw to. I bet Jerry Jones would go for it too.

That way Chris Jones could have all the money he wants ( which is all he really wants anyway) and Mahomes will probably average 40 points plus per game with a premier receiver like Lamb. I think it would be a huge win-win for both teams. It would be interesting to know if Chiefs and Cowboys fans would go for it?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Might as well toss in Kadarius Toney to sweeten the pot! :grin-squint
SG89

Post by SG89 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:02 pm
SG89 wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:37 am
Mahomes was off on some of his throws too. Probably bc he had to be the leading rusher that night. And he took some hits after the throw. Chiefs need a running back… maybe trade for the colts disgruntled running back or is he too injured?
The Chiefs have a potentially premier running back with Isaiah Pacheco. I do look for him to get 1000 yds plus this season once he gets in gear..

Being you are an ardent Cowboys fan I would like to run this by you to see what you think. With the Cowboys obviously ramping up their defense this past off season I really think that their 'defense" might just get them to the big dance.

Here is what I'm proposing. They could trade CeeDee Lamb along with a couple of draft picks to the Chiefs for Chris Jones.
That would give the Cowboys a defense similar to the 84-85 Bears and Mahomes could run up points like a pinball machine with Lamb and Kelce both to throw to. I bet Jerry Jones would go for it too.

That way Chris Jones could have all the money he wants ( which is all he really wants anyway) and Mahomes will probably average 40 points plus per game with a premier receiver like Lamb. I think it would be a huge win-win for both teams. It would be interesting to know if Chiefs and Cowboys fans would go for it?
Tell Clark Hunt to quit being cheap and pay Chris Jones already lol. Fun fact: Jerry Jones and Clark Hunt are neighbors in Dallas
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Oh look at that , chris jones signed a new deal 👍
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Well gang, I for one am really excited about tonight's game!
Rodgers in the AFC with the Jets vs Josh Allen and the Bills!
Of course, I was really hyped about Dallas vs NY
I think this will be a great game though
Gonna be very interesting to see what the bad man can do tonight