2024 Official Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aicolainen

Re: 2024 Official Discontinued List

Post by aicolainen »

I can get behind that.

Thin Red Line Endela

Used this one a LOT since I got it early in the year. It was my first (and so far only) CE, and the one that debunked all the myths about CE for me.

I’m so happy with it, I had decided to get a CE Resilience. Increasingly leaning towards S35VN, but it seems all options are running out fast. If the shipping and import fees weren’t so excruciatingly high I would have ordered one from KC when the sale started. It increasingly looks like I’m going to miss out on this one.
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Sad to see alot of knives with teeth get retired

K390 police se :(
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Wonder why brown D4/E4 are leaving? It was not my favorite but way better than purple.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Shocked to see so many of the Wharnies going. They are my favorite model! Guess I need to stock up.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Rescue 3 Thin Blue/Red Line $77 shipped at National Knives. That’s 53% off MSRP plus free shipping and no sales tax outside Michigan.

https://www.nationalknives.com/search.p ... escue+Thin

A portion of all sales of these knives will be donated to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation, which honors firefighter Stephen Siller's sacrifice of laying down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. Tunnel to Towers operates multiple charitable programs that support first responders and military personnel who have made the supreme sacrifice of life and limb for our country.

Spyderco will donate a portion of all sales of "Thin Red Line" knives to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation, which provides immediate financial and ongoing emotional support, advocacy, and recognition to fallen and injured wildland firefighters and their families.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

twinboysdad wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:13 am
Wonder why brown D4/E4 are leaving? It was not my favorite but way better than purple.

Maybe brown will be used for an upcoming sprint or exclusive?
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

A Rescue 3 TRL & K390 DFly are the two knives I carry every day, with a slicer and a beast in rotation (PM2 CruCarta & BBB Shaman today).

The Rescue 3 is a great knife, and the TRL/TBL color accents are slick. Supports good charities too. If you are on the fence, climb down and grab one from Rob at National Knives. It's an insane deal.
Brian
cjk

Post by cjk »

p_atrick wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:30 am
twinboysdad wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:13 am

Maybe brown will be used for an upcoming sprint or exclusive?
Maybe brown FRN is just a poor seller. Maybe an international shortage in brown dye to color the FRN.
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:00 am
Hey, everyone:
It's a little early, but it's that time of year. The following products will be discontinued for 2024.
FB47GP - NIGHTSTICK BLACK G-10 W/SHEATH PLAINEDGE
Curious if more of these are coming in before 2024? I need one to round out my Gayle Bradley collection.
DavidNM

Post by DavidNM »

I am sorry to see the benchstone go. I am glad that I have all three so I should be good for a while.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

huyfishin wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:21 am
wait i didn't get a chance to get a waterway.... i been waiting for a year and a half
Waterway is in stock at KSF as of this post..

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... ss-fb43gp/
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Almost 15 years of using/collecting Spydercos, and these are my first ever Sage or Chaparral.

Better late than never, right?

Bloody Fingerz

Post by Bloody Fingerz »

I’m glad I just picked up a perfect CF Chaparral! I’m surprised about the sage 5 on the hit list, beautiful edc!
The federal government has taken too much money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty from the Constitution.

Ronald Reagan
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:47 am
huyfishin wrote:
wait i didn't get a chance to get a waterway.... i been waiting for a year and a half

Thanks for the heads-up… I don’t remember ever seeing the Waterway in stock before. It is one of those I never actively pursued, but I’m glad I got one today.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:57 pm
DSH007 wrote:
huyfishin wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up… I don’t remember ever seeing the Waterway in stock before. It is one of those I never actively pursued, but I’m glad I got one today.

Good choice!! I love mine.

Sure there are knives with more handfilling handles better suited for really prolongued, "hard" use - but when it comes to convenient, slim, "flat" carry (other than it rides pretty high on a belt) and still good ergos in a knife that´s actually meant for cutting, the Waterway is a win.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Wartstein wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:34 am
Sure there are knives with more handfilling handles better suited for really prolongued, "hard" use - but when it comes to convenient, slim, "flat" carry (other than it rides pretty high on a belt) and still good ergos in a knife that´s actually meant for cutting, the Waterway is a win.
The high riding sheath combined with a long and pokey handle shape isn’t well thought out IMO. Carried it once clipped to my belt and it was really uncomfortable.
So uncomfortable that it made me not want to carry the knife. As a quick and dirty workaround to be able to use the knife I added a Casstrøm dangler I had laying in a drawer (in a reverse configuration) and it totally changed the user experience.

Boltaron and leather isn’t an ideal mix of materials, so my intention was to replace the Casstrøm dangler with something better suited in a synthetic material, but it hasn’t really been an issue so far, and the reverse dangler configuration has been such a convenience. Being able to very quickly and easily move the knife between backpack carry and belt carry has proved to be very practical for this type of knife.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

aicolainen wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:00 am
Wartstein wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:34 am
The high riding sheath combined with a long and pokey handle shape isn’t well thought out IMO. Carried it once clipped to my belt and it was really uncomfortable.
So uncomfortable that it made me not want to carry the knife. As a quick and dirty workaround to be able to use the knife I added a Casstrøm dangler ....

Actually it was you who made me realize that the high ride of the Waterway can get a bit uncomfortable indeed... ;)

I typically don´t carry the Waterway on the belt, but in/on my pack (plus usually a Salt 2 SE or Chap FRN as a small, quick to get to option in my pocket), and if at all clip the Waterway to the belt or waistband just in camp or on longer breaks.

So I actually don´t have much belt carry experience with that knife, but trying it out after you mentioned the high ride I found that I have to agree.

/ Cool option, that dangler!! :cheap-sunglasses
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Monty

Post by Monty »

The waterway and many of the Japanese serrated models are very disappointing to see on the list. Hard blows to my favorite knives, especially after the loss of the SE Caribbean. Once again, I hope we see a back lock Caribbean or magacut siren/waterway/Caribbean to fill in some gaps.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:57 pm
DSH007 wrote:
huyfishin wrote:

Nice.. glad you were able to get one!

For anyone else interested, I noticed today that that Waterway was back in stock at BladeHQ.. still in stock as of this post..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Resilience CE came back in stock at KC so I ordered one in S35VN.
As is always the case, shipping to Europe is prohibitive, so ordering just one knife is not an option. With the appreciation I have developed for my TRL Endela since acquiring it, I recently realized I should grab a thin line Endura if the opportunity presented itself, and this was it.
I think my CE needs are covered for now. At least with regards to what’s available, but I would really like to have a Salt CE some day.