Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ripto

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Post by Ripto »

mnstang wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:20 pm
I got my 2 knife mystery box. Scored a like green para 3 20cv exclusive and lil native cruwear exclusive. Pretty solid box if you ask me!
Hahah! So pretty much my box but they upgraded both of your knives :D lmao!

BD1N<20cv
s45vn<cruwear
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

I don’t have any tracking yet. UPS just says delivery date will be provided as soon as possible, on the way, and a delay warning symbol. Not surprising, with the weather we have been having this Summer. Or maybe the labor disputes. I’m a little nervous about the knives getting banged around stories. Will see when they arrive.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I got five knives in the regular part of the sale.
Paysan- very nice very light lock stick!
Ayoob- looks perfect to me.
Pm2 15v- a small amount of left side grind issues but very acceptable for a second.
Pm2 satin s45vn- very nice.
Manix lw s110v- action is a little stiff blade not centered, I would accept it as a first.

I ordered 4 two knife mystery boxes. I only received 3. They are looking into it. I am sure they will resolve the issue.

Pm2 teal s90v and Manix bd1n light weight. A very solid box.
Pm2 lavaflow fat carbon m4 and a bow river. I also think a solid box. I haven’t seen any other fat carbon’s reported and that is the knife I wanted the most. I will do a blade swap.
Yojumbo purple cruwear and Delica some green black blade I don’t know anything about them but it seems reasonable.

All the mystery box knives are nice.

Overall very pleased just need to figure out the last box.
wolfstyle

Post by wolfstyle »

Got my 2 knife mystery box today.
Urban lightweight S30V Red Heinnie edition
PM2 wharncilffe CTS-XHP satin Orange G10

Happy with the outcome.
Last edited by wolfstyle on Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I was wondering if these 2 box mystery boxes were going to all be the same or not. Cool that they switched them up. Some have landed a couple great combos!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:50 pm
Pm2 15v- a small amount of left side grind issues but very acceptable for a second.
Manix lw s110v- action is a little stiff blade not centered, I would accept it as a first.

I ordered 4 two knife mystery boxes. I only received 3. They are looking into it. I am sure they will resolve the issue.

Pm2 lavaflow fat carbon m4 and a bow river. I also think a solid box. I haven’t seen any other fat carbon’s reported and that is the knife I wanted the most. I will do a blade swap.
Yojumbo purple cruwear and Delica some green black blade I don’t know anything about them but it seems reasonable.

Man, in light of the website debacle, this haul is just so incredible 🥶…..congrats 👍

In 5 hrs., I got zero. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by Erion929 on Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Delica some green black blade I don’t know anything about them but it seems reasonable.
Likely the St. Nick's exclusive with glow in the dark zome handle.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Took 3 hours to complete my first purchase:

PM 2 Black G10 Satin S45V
PM 2 Camo G10 Satin S30V
Sage 1 Maxamet

I tried again after a few minutes and it only took 1/2 hour to complete:

PM 2 Camo G10 Satin S45
Endura 4 FRN Combo VG10
Cook's Knife VG10

The knives I received from the 2nd Seconds sale seem to be in better condition than the ones I received in the first Seconds sale. The knives received in this sale were all centered, no blemishes, open/close smoothly.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

Erion929 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:59 pm
Dnwrghtsr wrote:

Man, in light of the website debacle, this haul is just so incredible 🥶…..congrats 👍

In 5 hrs., I got zero. Oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Use a laptop or computer. I used not my phone and a laptop. Once you’re in stay in and just keep hitting refresh and be patient. I got lucky and got one order in on my phone. Also I didn’t try to get any of the knives I knew would be most popular. I did get the Paysan first.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
sshook

Post by sshook »

UPS man just dropped off my Shaman. Man, oh man. What an absolute unit! Already got a lynch clip on there.
Screenshot_2023-08-01-19-35-06-02_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-01-19-34-51-23_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
Screenshot_2023-08-01-19-35-19-02_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
:bug-white-red proud owner of 5 Spyderco folders and 3 excellent Spyderco kitchen knives :bug-white-red

entry-level knife nerd, modder, and fidgeter

If it isn't purple, I don't want it.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

spydergoat wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 pm
Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Delica some green black blade I don’t know anything about them but it seems reasonable.
The GITD Zome Delica’s were a Sportsmen Supply distributor exclusive. Any retailer that uses them as a distributor could have sold it.

The St. Nicks Knives exclusive Delica featured Red G10 and laminated HAP40/SUS410 blade steel.
-Nick :bug-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:36 pm
spydergoat wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:14 pm
Dnwrghtsr wrote:
The GITD Zome Delica’s were a Sportsmen Supply distributor exclusive. Any retailer that uses them as a distributor could have sold it.

The St. Nicks Knives exclusive Delica featured Red G10 and laminated HAP40/SUS410 blade steel.
👍🏻 I saw some posts that it was a SNK exclusive. I've bought all of them since they started doing exclusives and never saw a Zome.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mnstang

Post by mnstang »

Ripto wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:50 pm
mnstang wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:20 pm
I got my 2 knife mystery box. Scored a like green para 3 20cv exclusive and lil native cruwear exclusive. Pretty solid box if you ask me!
Hahah! So pretty much my box but they upgraded both of your knives :D lmao!

BD1N<20cv
s45vn<cruwear
Was your lil native in general a “used” knife? Mine was. Really used. The bevels are hand sharpened. The g10 is shiny in some spots from use.
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

Dnwrghtsr wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:17 pm
Use a laptop or computer. I used not my phone and a laptop. Once you’re in stay in and just keep hitting refresh and be patient. I got lucky and got one order in on my phone. Also I didn’t try to get any of the knives I knew would be most popular. I did get the Paysan first.

I used an iPad and a computer….totally different platforms, in my eyes.

And, for 5+ hrs., I was PLENTY patient 😅
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

My box came today.

Shawman 15V
Military 4V
Meadowlark 2 Stainless

The Shaman and Military were out of the bubble wrap but still look pretty good. Very happy with the Shaman I have been thinking about getting one for awhile. Happy with the Military, something new to my collection. The Meadowlark is ok :smiling-halo LOL
hdvbshbkb.jpg
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

hereiamu1 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:58 pm
My box came today.

Shawman 15V
Military 4V
Meadowlark 2 Stainless

The Shaman and Military were out of the bubble wrap but still look pretty good. Very happy with the Shaman I have been thinking about getting one for awhile. Happy with the Military, something new to my collection. The Meadowlark is ok :smiling-halo LOL

hdvbshbkb.jpg
Great iterations of the Millie and Shaman, awsome score!
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Definitely a killer score there, good for you!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
mnstang

Post by mnstang »

IMG_2446 (1).jpeg
IMG_2447 (1).jpeg
IMG_2452 (1).jpeg
Is this normal for seconds? The lil native is clearly used and was hand sharpened and you can see the wear around the clip on the g10, not complaining just wondering if they send out clearly used knives?
jlw

Post by jlw »

My two scores arrived yesterday. A Manix LW and a Centofante 3. I really like both of them although I doubt they'll replace any Spyderco knives I already own. It took a little while to figure out why they were seconds, but I think I have. The scales are a little rough in one area of the Centofante. I definitely wouldn't have sent the knife back for it. The Spyder insert is perfect—that's what I was afraid would be its flaw.

As for the Manix, there was a tiny ridge of plastic that I could see and feel with my fingernail at the pivot-end of one of the scales that ran from the inside to the outside of the scale. There was also a tiny bit of side-to-side play, so I tightened down the pivot. Today, while using it I noticed that where that ridge of plastic had been there was now a crack running to the pivot hole. Did my tightening the pivot accelerate the crack forming—who knows? This is something I would return a not-second for, although I plan to continue using this knife (it still feels rock-solid). I would definitely consider buying another Manix (LW Salt, where are you???).

Incidentally, I tried fitting the MXG clip from my Brouwer on the Centofante. It does fit, although it's a little tricky to screw in as the screws need to be at the extreme insides of the clip's holes (effectively making the distance between the holes as little as possible). That makes it hard to keep the driver straight because of the rest of the clip getting in the way of the driver. It's going back on the Brouwer, which needs it more.

Images attached.

—James
Seconds Scores.jpg
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

jlw wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:07 am
a crack running to the pivot hole. Did my tightening the pivot accelerate the crack forming—who knows?

My first Spyderco was a Manix 2 LW in S110V, and I noticed the crack after several days. I returned it and got a replacement. The knife worked perfectly, though. How long it would continue to do so is anyone's guess. Besides you, I've never read of anyone else seeing this, so I assume it happens infrequently.