Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cabfrank

Re: Spyderco Seconds Sale Scores

Post by cabfrank »

Erion, just out of curiosity, what would prompt that response from someone with under 50 posts to someone with over 12,000? It seems out of line.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Nevermind. I see that you expanded your post. Still, though...
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

After making it to the end twice to find empty carts I was able to get a Waterway and a Bow River. All the folders I was interested in were gone by the time I got to try again and decided the fixed blades were the way to go.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Ramblinwreck,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Erion929

Post by Erion929 »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:15 pm
Erion, just out of curiosity, what would prompt that response from someone with under 50 posts to someone with over 12,000? It seems out of line.

Actually, it’s quite telling. Sometimes long-time board members get all comfy and trusting with the status quo….whereas newer members see the flaws and areas for improvement.

You can’t tell me today’s event was “successful” for the majority of consumers. Other websites have huge sales, including Black Friday, etc….and you don’t see this kind of internet failures (yes, plural).

Lots of people wasted 2-6 HOURS on this.

ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

Thank you Sal!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Cool.

So I was "patient."

Waited hours and hours and eventually got to the point where I could add items to my cart.

Had one knife I settled on. Digital camo Military in DLC to replace a digital camo Military someone stole from me a decade ago.

Got an error saying my account was flagged for fraud?

Finally got to my cart and got this. Called support and they said they can't do anything right now, and that maybe they'll be able to clear my account a few hours from now.

Waited a few hours and never got a call or an email back.

Now they're sold out.

What an experience.
:unicorn
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Someone said in another thread that there were still Ayoob sprints left, so I went over to have a look.
Still in stock and everything running smoothly.
Even though I hadn’t logged in since I bought my Magnacut Mule and had to reactivate my account, I was able to check out with all (2) items in my cart.
Not the largest selection to choose from this far into the party, but surely worth the 5 min it took me.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

“Hey, everyone. We’re having a party and there will be cake!”

When you get to the party you find out they invited the whole town, but there’s not enough cake AND what cake there is is on the top of a 40 greased pole.

“Take your time, you’ll get to the top eventually.”

Yep. :rofl
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Erion929 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:29 pm

Actually, it’s quite telling. Sometimes long-time board members get all comfy and trusting with the status quo….whereas newer members see the flaws and areas for improvement.
Comfy and trusting ? I don't think so. More like dragged from the back of the truck several times before and getting used to it. :head-bandage

I didn't start until six hours after this began.

I recommend those Waterways if there are any left.
Last edited by shunsui on Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JakeXman

Post by JakeXman »

I ended up with a few fistfuls of ClipiTools to give away as gifts.

Only took 6.5 hours of refreshing while at work—thank goodness for dual monitors.
Tenacious G10 PE, Tasman Salt 2 PE, Tasman Salt 2 SE, Yojimbo 2, KJ Endura 4 D.P.S. 15 VG-10, LadyBug K390, TKJ Jester 20CV, UKPK Salt, Crucarta PM2, 204 Sharpmaker
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Just picked up an SE Massa Ayoob. Not a knife I'd planned to buy, but for $113, including shipping? As aicolainen said, worth the 5 minutes (including internal debate) it took me.
ramblinwreck

Post by ramblinwreck »

That’s the great thing about the seconds sale. It gives me a chance to try some different knives that have interested me but I never pulled the trigger due to price, availability, etc.
vivi

Post by vivi »

dsvirsky wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:07 pm
Just picked up an SE Massa Ayoob. Not a knife I'd planned to buy, but for $113, including shipping? As aicolainen said, worth the 5 minutes (including internal debate) it took me.
I'm surprised those and Waterways are still left. I know Waterways seemed to be in short supply recently, and the Ayoobs seemed like fast movers.

Sitting on an extra Aqua Salt sheath, so since those are still around I may grab one. Already have a lifetime supply but it is my favorite fixed blade.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

The only item I planned on targeting was a DLC Millie to part out for a frankenknife project. I was able to put one in my cart about 2 hours after the sale started, but unable to check out since all my info was missing and it wouldn't let me enter it or sign in again. Long story short, 3 hours after placing the Millie in my cart it was somehow still there, and thirty minutes later, I was checked out. What a beating.

Happy to get that Millie, but sorry to miss a half dozen other items I would have bought, and end up paying shipping to boot. Mixed emotions, but I hope Spyderco keeps doing these sales.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

This was rough. In the end I got a Cento to try, plane ol' Native 5 LW and the Crucarta PM2. I mostly wanted one of the new screw construction Manix 2 LWs, any of them. I had all 3 that I could tell had screws in the pic in my cart, along with a Maxamet Sage at about 30m after sale started. One by one they disappeared as the purchase process failed to complete over, and over again. hooray!

Murphy's law. Something obviously went wrong on the website. It happens. I just hope Spyderco can do something to keep it from being such a waste of our time when it does. I had prepared and set aside time for this sale as I'm sure others have. In the end, there is only myself to blame for sticking with it as long as I did. This makes hunting sprint runs seem like a cakewalk. If this is the way these sales are going to be, then I will pass on the next one and that is fine. At least my patience got a workout today. :)
Catchadroppimgknife

Post by Catchadroppimgknife »

Ok I’m better now

Thank you Sal and company. Great offering - Great opportunity. 👍

Keep it up - 2nd sales are good and worthwhile
vivi

Post by vivi »

Coastal wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:29 pm
The only item I planned on targeting was a DLC Millie to part out for a frankenknife project. I was able to put one in my cart about 2 hours after the sale started, but unable to check out since all my info was missing and it wouldn't let me enter it or sign in again. Long story short, 3 hours after placing the Millie in my cart it was somehow still there, and thirty minutes later, I was checked out. What a beating.

Happy to get that Millie, but sorry to miss a half dozen other items I would have bought, and end up paying shipping to boot. Mixed emotions, but I hope Spyderco keeps doing these sales.
Whatcha got in mind with the Millies?

I haven't done a frankenmillie since I made a digital camo cpmd2 Military. Curious what you've got planned.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Figured since the Millies are sold out, I have an extra Aqua Salt sheath, and I'll likely never have another chance to buy one under $150, I should grab one.

Was a coin flip whether to order PE or SE. Another PE inbound :clinking-mugs
Steeltoez83

Post by Steeltoez83 »

I tried on and off all day and walked away with nothing. I couldn't get site to load and I couldn't get anything to go in my cart when it did. I did just get a k390 leaf jumper in the mail from the summer sale a few weeks ago. Plus there's still mule teams available. I did like the mystery box options and wanted 1 of them. The furthest I got was trying to add a maxamet pm2 to my cart and got kicked like a soccer ball. Just wasn't in the cards today. Congrats on those who whethered thru the storm.
"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."