What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
HolySteel

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by HolySteel »

Sage 2 Titanium with Maxamet (for S30V) blade swap. Typical razor-sharp Maxamet blade - a child could do it.
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:14 pm
Sweet knife and great composition!

Flipping my 4V is certainly a decision that comes with a bag of mixed feelings.
Very happy to help out a forum brother that is much more invested in the platform and who will appreciate it on a whole other level than myself, but it is no doubt, and may always be, the most interesting version that has been obtainable to me since I developed an interest for the OG MM.
Last edited by aicolainen on Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spicy Suplex

Post by Spicy Suplex »

The Military sure is a looker, especially that SNK model. Coolest blade shape on a knife I'll probably never own. Being that I can get a full grip on a Native 5 behind the choil, a Military 1/2 would basically look like vivi's last Military pic a few pages back in my hands :woozy

MagnaCut again. Starting to think the factory edge is going to outlast my patience and worry and I'll just have to sharpen it for the sake of compulsion I guess. Eventually.
buckleys

Post by buckleys »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thanks for the compliments guys. That Military sure is awesome and a looker. Cut some zip ties, whittled down some sticks for smores and cut a few saplings along a path for more firewood. Nothing crazy, but cleanly slicing paper on the mostly factory edge. Only been touched up a few passes on the browns a couple different times since getting the knife. Heading back home to reality now and mow the lawn!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Matter separators- and other EDC items of choice for various large and small projects around the property today

RevMike

Post by RevMike »

SE ARK by the bug zapper lights.

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:55 pm
Thanks for the compliments guys. That Military sure is awesome and a looker. Cut some zip ties, whittled down some sticks for smores and cut a few saplings along a path for more firewood. Nothing crazy, but cleanly slicing paper on the mostly factory edge. Only been touched up a few passes on the browns a couple different times since getting the knife. Heading back home to reality now and mow the lawn!

That’s funny, I’m about to mow the grass too…
Hey, you don’t happen to know the score from the Braves/Brewers game earlier today do you? I was watching the final round of the British Open and missed it 😉
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

One freaking shot!! Stupid 3 run homer! They played them well all series though, so it's nice to see we can hang around with the Braves!

-Rick
Shmohawk

Post by Shmohawk »

RevMike wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:44 pm
SE ARK by the bug zapper lights.

Sal should start a country band just so that can be one of their song titles 🤣
And very cool pic.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

IMG_5667.jpeg
I have a feeling nothing is displacing this from my pocket until the microjimbo arrives.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Loving these Military pics Rick! Probably will be the first knife I carry when I get back home.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I made more pickles tonight and remembered to take pics. I was comparing the PM2 against a Mora 2000. For the camp kitchen, the Mora is hard to beat. I made 2 jars of cukes and 2 jars of green beans and carrots. One of each are kicked up a notch with 4 peppers each! BANG!

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JSumm wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:11 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Loving these Military pics Rick! Probably will be the first knife I carry when I get back home.
I grew up in the country, but lived in a neighborhood with around 70 houses surrounded by woods. Perfect combination as a kid. Now I live in a similar sized neighborhood but with a field as a front yard and more neighbors for a back yard. Anytime I get a chance to be in the woods, I take full advantage. My wife knew I'd wander off for a bit on my own the past few days haha. She's more of a beach person than a woods person, so planning trips is always eventful!

-Rick
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:50 pm
JSumm wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I grew up in the country, but lived in a neighborhood with around 70 houses surrounded by woods. Perfect combination as a kid. Now I live in a similar sized neighborhood but with a field as a front yard and more neighbors for a back yard. Anytime I get a chance to be in the woods, I take full advantage. My wife knew I'd wander off for a bit on my own the past few days haha. She's more of a beach person than a woods person, so planning trips is always eventful!
Love it! I love to get to the woods. I live in suburban **** now. :winking-tongue but grew up in the backwoods central Florida.
Get her to some beaches in Oregon and Northern California. They are awesome!!

:cheap-sunglasses
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Spicy Suplex wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:38 pm
The Military sure is a looker, especially that SNK model. Coolest blade shape on a knife I'll probably never own. Being that I can get a full grip on a Native 5 behind the choil, a Military 1/2 would basically look like vivi's last Military pic a few pages back in my hands :woozy

MagnaCut again. Starting to think the factory edge is going to outlast my patience and worry and I'll just have to sharpen it for the sake of compulsion I guess. Eventually.
Ha ha ha ! Just noticed the yellow button . I have a sticker saying the same thing on the door of a Lawson paint can cabinet ! Very funny ! MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
JSumm wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I like going into a woods in darkness at a high vantage point and sit waiting for sunrise and everything waking around me . Those moments make life so special . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:22 pm
I made more pickles tonight and remembered to take pics. I was comparing the PM2 against a Mora 2000. For the camp kitchen, the Mora is hard to beat. I made 2 jars of cukes and 2 jars of green beans and carrots. One of each are kicked up a notch with 4 peppers each! BANG!

Awesome pics!!! Green beans and carrots 🤔👍 oh and that cutting board is really cool 👏
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:26 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
JSumm wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:
I like going into a woods in darkness at a high vantage point and sit waiting for sunrise and everything waking around me . Those moments make life so special . MG2
Me too, 25 ft up in a lock-on with a bow in hand🦌 😉
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Favorite Lg/Med/Sm…until the Jumper is a Salt😉