Is it possible to get a ballpark ETA on DLC Military 2's?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Is it possible to get a ballpark ETA on DLC Military 2's?

Post by vivi »

I have a tradition of buying myself a new spydie on my birthday each year. Mine is during the fall, so I'm wondering if there's a chance any of the DLC Military 2 models could be out by then? That's my pick this year if so!
:unicorn
RamZar

Re: Is it possible to get a ballpark ETA on DLC Military 2's?

Post by RamZar »

I’m guessing late Summer / early Fall 2023 for the release of the remaining regular production Military 2 models now that the Satin Plain Edge & Black G-10 has been released. The remainder (including 4 DLC models) were announced in Reveal 13 on May 25, 2023.

1. Military2 CPM-S30V Satin Blade ComboEdge Black G-10 C36GPS2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  2. Military2 CPM-S30V Satin Blade SpyderEdge Black G-10 C36GS2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  3. Military2 CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade PlainEdge Black G-10 C36GPBK2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  4. Military2 CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade ComboEdge Black G-10 C36GPSBK2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  5. Military2 CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade SpyderEdge Black G-10 C36GSBK2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  6. Military2 CPM-S30V Satin Blade PlainEdge Digital Camo G-10 C36GPCMO2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  7. Military2 CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade PlainEdge Digital Camo G-10 C36GPCMOBK2 (USA) - Reveal 13 (MAY 2023)
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm holding out for the SE/DLC, but mostly just for SE. I have an ocean of satin PE S30V and I know no matter how amazing the Military 2 is, it will get put away and never used again once this knife is available in other steels.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I don't own any "blacked out" models, but that SE/DLC is utterly irresistible. I'm in the same camp as David, I'll hold out for PE in an upgraded steel and grab the SE upon release.
So it goes.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The blacked out version is my only interest but I have so much of CPM30V passing until something different comes along in the future . I’m looking forward to comments of users in the future . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The DLC is the one I'd pick and given a choice it'd be all black.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
vivi

Post by vivi »

Might come down to which one releases first for me.

I bought my first DLC knife (para 2) because that was the only Para 2 I could find in stock when it just came out. Local shop sold out of satin so instead of waiting on a re-stock I went with DLC.

One of the best knife purchases I've ever made, even if I ended up moving on from that model.
:unicorn
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Image 😁
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau