Need help identifying rare C36 Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jaret

Need help identifying rare C36 Military

Post by Jaret »

Greetings to all forum members ;)
Need some your help identifying a rare C36 Military model, seemingly ordinary C36, but it's differ with a four protruding notches on the butt, similar to the first Paramilitary model. Considering that such notches I saw on the Paramilitary of 2005, and because in 2006 the notching on the butt of the Military model was changed to a small one, I concluded that this particular knife was also released in 2005 :thinking Of course, this is my assumption and I can be wrong, so I'm interested in the knowledge of more experienced colleagues.
Or perhaps this particular knife has some other specificity?
So maybe someone is already familiar with such a Military model and specify the year of its release? :thinking
Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Jaret

Accutron

Re: Need help identifying rare C36 Military

Post by Accutron »

As you've already figured out, it's an early example of a C36GBK with dino jimping. It would've been manufactured in the 2005-2006 timeframe. By the time they dropped the Millie BG-42 CF sprint in 2006, they had switched to the modern jimping.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I still have a fondness for all the older ATS-34 era Military models>> especially the full Spyderedged versions. I'm even on the constant lookout for a full SE version ATS-34 model.

I would settle for an older 440V, full SE version. That late 90s/early 2000s era for the C-36 Military was really special. I do hope at some point that the full SE version of the C-36 Military does return to the main line up soon.
Jaret

Post by Jaret »

Accutron
Thank's, I'm really appreciate this information!