Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JSumm

Re: Military 2 Discussion (Merged)

Post by JSumm »

The liners themselves are pretty different. Full nested liners vs partial nested liners. The choil on the M2 is a full choil and the butt of the knife has been thinned up a bit. Feels similar in hand but different.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

Another 2 weeks sans Military 2, but at least I'm starting to see more listings in Europe, maybe that's a good omen?
warrior52

Post by warrior52 »

Congratulations to everyone involved in this evolution of the Military🪖
I’ve got my “Knife Funds” at the ready to get one. I really like the changes incorporated on the M2.
tomsch1963

Post by tomsch1963 »

I'm still holding my breath for this one. It will be the best purchase for this year I'm sure.
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Seeing new productions as paramilitary 3, and chief, I'm pretty sure and I hope, they would go out with a Military 2 lightweight, linerless comp lock FRN and BD1N steel and not last with an affordable price.

I'm very happy with the paramilitary 3 light version and finally I paid my bill to the comp lock and now I feel ok using it

but I would pointed up Military classic it's the best knife I own in my collection it's a pity I don't care this one from years now because in Italy EVERY blade it's unlegal and this one it's really big and massive i prefer delica or para 3 size with this one I could try to convince police it'a an utility blade with a military stretch XL or native chief no excuses
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

horzuff wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:40 am
Another 2 weeks sans Military 2, but at least I'm starting to see more listings in Europe, maybe that's a good omen?
Where did you find the postings in Europe?
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

vito72 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:07 am
Seeing new productions as paramilitary 3, and chief, I'm pretty sure and I hope, they would go out with a Military 2 lightweight, linerless comp lock FRN and BD1N steel and not last with an affordable price.
I can’t wait for a PM2 Lightweight. A Military lightweight would be cool too.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Stas

Post by Stas »

Jim Malone wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:10 am
horzuff wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:40 am
Where did you find the postings in Europe?
Also curious…

So far only saw one on Lamnia for a several weeks already with their usual “available in June 2023”, which will be changed to “available in July 2023” and later to August automatically…
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

It's not available anywhere of course, but at least it's listed

https://www.com2you-biwak.de/Spyderco-C ... -G-10.html
https://www.boker.de/military-2-g10-bla ... e-01sp1238
https://www.bq-warehouse.de/taschenmess ... -plainedge

Had to get well into the google searches, but still ^^
Stas

Post by Stas »

horzuff wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:32 am
It's not available anywhere of course, but at least it's listed

https://www.com2you-biwak.de/Spyderco-C ... -G-10.html
https://www.boker.de/military-2-g10-bla ... e-01sp1238
https://www.bq-warehouse.de/taschenmess ... -plainedge

Had to get well into the google searches, but still ^^
Cool, thanks!
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I am perfectly content with the 6x Military 1's I have.

Do I need more? Nope.

Would I be tempted by a M2 sprint? Probably. I missed out on the M1 in Cruwear, and a potential S90V CF sprint will be another classic.

Do I want lightweight versions of the PM2 or M2? Nope.

I'm happy to watch from the sideline for now. 🙂🍿
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Lost Jaguar

Post by Lost Jaguar »

As a lefty, I never got a Military in digi-cam with black blade. But as I can readily manipulate a Para 2 RH compression lock, I eagerly await the new Military 2 in digi-cam with black blade. I especially love the 4-way pocket clip set-up. Let's bring it, baby! My gauche hand is empty and ready!!
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

vito72 wrote:

I'm very happy with the paramilitary 3 light version and finally I paid my bill to the comp lock and now I feel ok using it

but I would pointed up Military classic it's the best knife I own in my collection it's a pity I don't care this one from years now because in Italy EVERY blade it's unlegal and this one it's really big and massive i prefer delica or para 3 size with this one I could try to convince police it'a an utility blade with a military stretch XL or native chief no excuses
I agree with your sentiments on wanting a more affordable package, however, I believe if this were to become a reality, with all of the price increases over the years, this may not be all that affordable, once released.

As-is, it's quite a feat that Spyderco were able to actually reduce the price for this model with such an overhaul in design.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

vito72 wrote:

I am not generally one to express civil disobedience;however, I truly enjoy carrying 4" folding knives and high-cap magazines, purely ... just because. ( I also do 65 in a 60 zone sometimes).
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

HolySteel wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 pm
vito72 wrote:

I am not generally one to express civil disobedience;however, I truly enjoy carrying 4" folding knives and high-cap magazines, purely ... just because. ( I also do 65 in a 60 zone sometimes).
That's it :winking-tongue?
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

weeping minora wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:49 pm
HolySteel wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:43 pm
vito72 wrote:

That's it :winking-tongue?
Well...no...but I wanted to express that I think carrying a 4" folding knife in your pocket is about equal to going 5 over on the highway. Here in the Seattle area we have ridiculous laws that are NEVER enforced, but make people feel good about themselves when they vote for them.
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

The aluminum handled PM2s were the lightweight PM2s IMO. I'm really excited to get my hands on a Spyderedge Military 2. I'm not a fan of the PM3 at all.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:38 am
I am perfectly content with the 6x Military 1's I have.

Do I need more? Nope.

Would I be tempted by a M2 sprint? Probably. I missed out on the M1 in Cruwear, and a potential S90V CF sprint will be another classic.

Do I want lightweight versions of the PM2 or M2? Nope.

I'm happy to watch from the sideline for now. 🙂🍿
Thanks, Hans, for capturing my thoughts, though I am curious enough to see how a Thoroughly Modern Millie compares in hand with my Military Model x5.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
skeeg11

Post by skeeg11 »

wrdwrght wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:08 pm

Thanks, Hans, for capturing my thoughts, though I am curious enough to see how a Thoroughly Modern Millie compares in hand with my Military Model x5.
:') :') :') :') :')

Been wondering how long it would take for the expression of Thoroughly Modern Millie to appear. :winking-tongue
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

Just one Millie 2 WW?

“Sad to be all alone in The World..”

Last edited by jwbnyc on Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.