DLT Cruwear Endela

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
z1r

Re: DLT Cruwear Endela

Post by z1r »

olditguy wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:50 pm
Get it while it's still available. You will love it! Can't beat this offering at this price.
Indeed! Got two as they are too good to pass up.
olywa

Post by olywa »

Just got mine yesterday and I'm liking it a lot. I really enjoy the feel of the cruwear on the stones. I don't think the endela is going to replace all of my enduras, but I think my love affair with cruwear is just getting started.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

olywa wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:37 pm
Just got mine yesterday and I'm liking it a lot. I really enjoy the feel of the cruwear on the stones. I don't think the endela is going to replace all of my enduras, but I think my love affair with cruwear is just getting started.
I like the DLT Endela a lot , but waiting to add a Endura from them in the future . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Got mine in the pocket today and I’m surprised this knife is still available… almost wanna grab a second
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Mine arrived two days ago. Still trying to get the OD green to appear accurately in photos.
endela_cruwear_dlt_03.jpg
MidnightCoalCo.

Post by MidnightCoalCo. »

I actually ended up picking up a couple of these. Like others have said, I can't believe it's still available. This is a fantastic looking knife with a quality build for the price.
:bug-red-white Spyderco enthusiast with way too many to list. :bug-red-white
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MidnightCoalCo,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageOvercast day in woods shot . Great knife . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

jdw wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:52 pm
I haven’t seen this posted yet so I thought that I would put it out there. I am pretty excited about this one. It will be my first Endela and in a combo that I really like.

https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-end ... wear-blade
I could be wrong, but $109 seems like a good price now a days for that one.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Killer Size…Killer Steel…Killer Price!!!
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

RugerNurse wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 am
First time poster here but very interested in this Endela. How does the cruwear feel? I heard the delica they released before had a bad heat treat.
I have two of these (DLT Green/Black Endelas), and have been carrying the first since I got it toward the end of February (so about two months now).
To answer your question: The Cruwear feels Very Good.
Feels Very good on the stones when sharpening, and holds it's edge ( I use a low angle, low grit edge) just fine. No complaints from me on it at all.

I did get one of the blue-ish-grey-ish handled Cruwear Delicas way back, and there is a noticeable difference in how it feels on the stones and the edge holding.
That Grey-ish handled Cruwear Delica was/is underwhelming to me, in sharpening & use...

This DLT Endela though. Impressive to the point that I bought a second one. And I have recommend them to a few of the folks I work with, who have now bought one for themselves...

u.w.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

u.w. wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:02 pm
RugerNurse wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 am
First time poster here but very interested in this Endela. How does the cruwear feel? I heard the delica they released before had a bad heat treat.
I have two of these (DLT Green/Black Endelas), and have been carrying the first since I got it toward the end of February (so about two months now).
To answer your question: The Cruwear feels Very Good.
Feels Very good on the stones when sharpening, and holds it's edge ( I use a low angle, low grit edge) just fine. No complaints from me on it at all.

I did get one of the blue-ish-grey-ish handled Cruwear Delicas way back, and there is a noticeable difference in how it feels on the stones and the edge holding.
That Grey-ish handled Cruwear Delica was/is underwhelming to me, in sharpening & use...

This DLT Endela though. Impressive to the point that I bought a second one. And I have recommend them to a few of the folks I work with, who have now bought one for themselves...

u.w.
I purchased a few of those Gray FRN sprint Cruwear Delicas years ago as well and agree with your sentiments on being underwhelmed with the performance. Ended up selling those knives and wrote Cruwear off entirely. After reading the renewed "hype" (for lack of a better expression), I'd definitely be interested in picking up a couple Enduras, if they are indeed in the pipeline.

As a side-note and FWIW, it looks like there may only be 4 Endelas left in-stock. At least, that's all that can be added to cart for checkout; unless there was a quantity cap of 4... Those who want one (or a spare), will have to act quick!
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

You guys talked me into it haha. Ordered it this morning before work.
I get stuck in looking for the same kind of stuff, so I figured I should try something totally different. Never had an Endela, never tried cruwear, never tried coated blades.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Is it possible to strip the TiCN coating off? From what I’ve read from manufacturing sites this type of coating is good safe and even used in medical implants but I worry about bits flaking off. I don’t use my knives a whole lot for food but with 3 little kids now I’ve started to cut up food while out and about.
Or I should just pick up a Salt 2 haha
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
z1r

Post by z1r »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:27 pm
That shot really captures the color well. Mine is starting to give my K390 Endela a run for the money.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Out of Stock. I won't confirm or deny that I purchased the last two they had. The Endela is my favorite model and Cruwear my favorite steel and I love this color combo, so I figure you can't have too many backups!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

z1r wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:23 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:27 pm
That shot really captures the color well. Mine is starting to give my K390 Endela a run for the money.
Thank you wanted to put out a picture and describe how I got the natural color of scales . I really like the color but it can be fickle shooting a picture . Dan
Henry David Thoreau
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

RugerNurse wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:29 am
Is it possible to strip the TiCN coating off? From what I’ve read from manufacturing sites this type of coating is good safe and even used in medical implants but I worry about bits flaking off. I don’t use my knives a whole lot for food but with 3 little kids now I’ve started to cut up food while out and about.
Or I should just pick up a Salt 2 haha
I have never tried to strip the coating off, so can't speak to that. I do use mine for food every day though. Daily uses includes Ba-nay-nays, Sha-voc-ah-dos, button mushrooms, onions, cucumbers, butter, cheese; and cut beef and pepperoni with it at least three times a week and have dressed and butchered a squirrel with it.
I have not noticed any degradation of the coating from the food prep/use (or the myriad of cardboard, vines, branches, saplings, and roots for that matter).

u.w.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

It’s become my most carried Spyderco.
I can see why the Endela got the goldilocks nickname, It really is the perfect size.
My next Spyderco purchase will definitely be the k390 Endela.
BigFishShamu

Post by BigFishShamu »

This thread is making me initiate a 30-Day challenge carrying the Endela Cruwear starting tomorrow 💪🏽.
“Stepping into the ring was the fight.”