DLT Cruwear Endela

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: DLT Cruwear Endela

Post by TomAiello »

buckleys wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:48 pm
Pics look nice, hope they do a Stretch 2 Version someday. That first Finger groove on the Delica/Endela/Endura doesn't agree with my hands.
A Stretch version would be amazing. I'm a finger choil guy, so the stretch is a much better knife, ergonomically, for me, than the Delica/Endela/Endura family.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

TomAiello wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:54 pm
buckleys wrote:
Pics look nice, hope they do a Stretch 2 Version someday. That first Finger groove on the Delica/Endela/Endura doesn't agree with my hands.
A Stretch version would be amazing. I'm a finger choil guy, so the stretch is a much better knife, ergonomically, for me, than the Delica/Endela/Endura family.
Tripling down on the Stretch request, I asked DLT and they said it’s possible. Maybe we need to brigade them?
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TCX3

Post by TCX3 »

I'll buy all of the models in this configuration so a Stretch XL and Stretch does sound great.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

kennethsime wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:24 pm
TomAiello wrote:
buckleys wrote:
Tripling down on the Stretch request, I asked DLT and they said it’s possible. Maybe we need to brigade them?
Just tell me when . ;) Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:42 am
kennethsime wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
buckleys wrote:
Just tell me when . ;) Dan
... and tell ME when it´s about the Stretch XL... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Mine came in on Friday, and it is a great example. Very keen edge, great finish on the blade and hardware, perfect centering, and typical very grippy Seki FRN. Lots to love here.

This is my first knife in the DLT OD Green colorway, and I dig it. Ymmv.

I'd say the Endela, to me, is a perfectly boring knife. And I mean that as a very good thing. The Endura, Endela, Delica family all fit me very well. Backlock is my favorite lock, perfectly executed (likely with the usual small vertical blade play, but I have not noticed this yet), but not exactly "fun" to manipulate. 3.5" blade length is ideal for me. Not quite as "big knife" as the Endura (in terms of blade length, not carry size), nor as "smaller slicer blade" as the Delica.

For me, the Endela is a perfectly competent, albeit maybe boring, knife.
MNOSD member 0030
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Anyone know hard this Cru-wear is?
Mr. Pick

Post by Mr. Pick »

Love the color combo and the Endela fits me just right. I have the Delica version and have carried it a lot. Hats off to DLT for the very reasonable price and super fast same day shipping. I'm a happy camper! Shouldn't ever need to buy another knife...;-)
Guts

Post by Guts »

Broke down and bought one. Love the OD+black color scheme and love Cruwear. I hope DLT does a run like this for the Leaf or Rock Jumper personally.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Mine showed up with some jacked up bevels! I don’t expect perfect bevels (CRK don’t even do that), but at least try! this is probably the worst I’ve received on any Spyderco in the last 10 years. Check out the show side bevel compared to the other:

Edit* just got pics from 2 of my friends with the same thing. Somebody must have not had their wheaties.

- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

prndltech wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:41 pm
Mine showed up with some jacked up bevels! I don’t expect perfect bevels (CRK don’t even do that), but at least try! this is probably the worst I’ve received on any Spyderco in the last 10 years. Check out the show side bevel compared to the other:

Edit* just got pics from 2 of my friends with the same thing. Somebody must have not had their wheaties.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work late last night. Definitely like the color combo on this knife.

Mine did have very, very similar looking edge grinds to what you show in your photos. I've already put my own "laid back" & coarse edge on it.
Also, my pivot & lock bar screws were finger tight at best (easily fixed), but all the rest of the screws were/are tighter than finger tight. The usual very minimal Seki back lock "lock rock" too.

I like the model, and this knife just fine. I really, really like how it felt/feels on the stone(s). It's in my right front pocket now, as I'm typing this, in fact

u.w.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

u.w. wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:11 pm
Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work late last night. Definitely like the color combo on this knife.

Mine did have very, very similar looking edge grinds to what you show in your photos. I've already put my own "laid back" & coarse edge on it.
Also, my pivot & lock bar screws were finger tight at best (easily fixed), but all the rest of the screws were/are tighter than finger tight. The usual very minimal Seki back lock "lock rock" too.

I like the model, and this knife just fine. I really, really like how it felt/feels on the stone(s). It's in my right front pocket now, as I'm typing this, in fact

u.w.
I totally agree and I did the same: loctite, sharpen and took it to the shop today.

I’m even debating on buying a second one while I can.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

At that price you really have to Shannon :winking-tongue
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

prndltech wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:31 pm
u.w. wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:11 pm

u.w.
I totally agree and I did the same: loctite, sharpen and took it to the shop today.

I’m even debating on buying a second one while I can.
I went ahead and followed your excellent debating point (suggestion?), and ordered a second one this evening on my "lunch" break. The steel felt So Good when sharpening it, and has been nothing but impressive since. I've cut quite a bit of stuff with it across the now ~48 hours, and it is still ridiculously sharp.

u.w.
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

kennethsime wrote:
TomAiello wrote:
buckleys wrote:
A Cruwear Stretch 2 (non-xl) is at the top of my list for Spyderco knives I want. In this army green handle, that would be a dream! I would just hope for a non-coated blade version.

As for this Cruwear Endela- I had to buy one. At $109.99 shipped, it’s a no brainer. Haven’t owned an Endela yet, looking forward to trying one out.
PaperKnife

Post by PaperKnife »

shunsui wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:39 pm
Bring on the Endura and Police versions.
Police - OD green G10 (like on DLT’s Tuff variation), and a Cruwear blade (no coating). I’d make a purchase or two.

Basically like the K390/Black G10 police version.
VandymanG

Post by VandymanG »

I use to get only stainless steel knives. But lately I’ve been eyeing high alloy tool steels and high speed steels. I just picked up an Osborne in CPM M4. It was the first one I found with a really good handle that was under $200. I would love a CruWear or 10V knife But it seems any time a good quality handle is added to the folding pocket knives they tend to go over my limited budget. Not a fan of frn type scales.

Sigh it looks like I jinxed myself. KnifeCenter just posted on their sight a Native 5 with CruWear and G10 scales. It’s also the length I’ve been looking for. It’s also $13 cheaper then the knife I just bought. Well not going to return the other knife since I’ve wanted it also. Guess I’ll just save up again and hope someone has another exclusive knife for sale once I save enough.
Greg

* EDC - - - PM2 - S45VN, PM2 - Crucarta, Native 5 - CRUWEAR, Manix 2 LW - CPM M4

Mules in current use M398 and K294
RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

First time poster here but very interested in this Endela. How does the cruwear feel? I heard the delica they released before had a bad heat treat.
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
olditguy

Post by olditguy »

Get it while it's still available. You will love it! Can't beat this offering at this price.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

RugerNurse wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:07 am
First time poster here but very interested in this Endela. How does the cruwear feel? I heard the delica they released before had a bad heat treat.
Can’t speak on the Delica, but the Endela behaves the way I’d expect. Sharpens easily enough with a nice crispy edge. Edge retention doesn’t seem underwhelming either, seems like a solid knife. Carrying it today!