CPM 15V PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
msum

Re: CPM 15V PM2

Post by msum »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:58 pm
Obviously New Graham is having website issues. Some people are receiving over sold emails. The Alert Thread had 1k views in 4 hours. So that was a big mess. And it's still showing in stock. :spiral-eyes
Hmm. I feel sorry for them. It could be a lot of refunds and emails!

Beau, thanks for your hard work.
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Can someone confirm that was able to purchase the PM2 from NGK today?
Did anyone received a confirmation in the email from them?
msum

Post by msum »

Wandering_About wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:01 pm
I feel sorry for them, they're good folks. I haven't gotten either a shipping or oversold email from them, but I trust them to get it sorted out. Sucks to have a website mistake on this hot of an item.

Best to not put in any more orders and add to their troubles.
You beat me to it.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

gimibala wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm
I can attest that I got a confirmation email from them, but I'm assuming it's not real and that they are oversold. If another PM2 15V shows up somewhere else, I plan to attempt buying from that site. If I get a shipping notice then I'll believe it's real and quit trying.

When I checked the alert thread and saw "In stock at New Graham," I immediately went to the site and "purchased" one. It didn't occur to me until later to read up the thread and see that a goat rope was in progress.
Toddm

Post by Toddm »

Unfortunate, but for those that made orders, make sure the charge gets cleared off your card if they cancel and/or you cancel the backorder status. It looks like NGK system charges your card immediately upon order, even for backorders status. I made an order right after the notification, got checked out fine, no mention of stock issues or backorders, but a couple minutes later got an "On Backorder, paid" email saying items were out of stock and may cause a delay. Given the # of orders they probably got slammed with (esp. since the site still shows in stock status) it's unlikely the backorders will get filled. They are a good shop and I'm sure they'll sort it out, but it's still best to make sure any charges get refunded when chaos like this ensues.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Coastal wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:25 pm
gimibala wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm
I can attest that I got a confirmation email from them, but I'm assuming it's not real and that they are oversold. If another PM2 15V shows up somewhere else, I plan to attempt buying from that site. If I get a shipping notice then I'll believe it's real and quit trying.

When I checked the alert thread and saw "In stock at New Graham," I immediately went to the site and "purchased" one. It didn't occur to me until later to read up the thread and see that a goat rope was in progress.
Unfortunately I did the same :(
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

I guess you’ll find out tomorrow if you got it or not. It happened to me 5 times already to have the knife in the cart and not able to complete the transaction. One of the dealers took 3 day to refund my money.
msum

Post by msum »

In case SMKW gets more stock, what are the discount codes? I seem to recall there are one or two that seem to perpetually work…

Thanks! Sorry to inappropriately post off-topic on this thread.
Partick953

Post by Partick953 »

Just got a refund from NGK. My original confirmation email was from 2:05 EST on 2/25 for reference.
Slalomnorth

Post by Slalomnorth »

Not only has NGK caused a bunch of grief for people not getting the knife, but more importantly making the alert thread blow up and bomb people’s inbox constantly. I got a refund from NGK and ordered 12:10 MST.
These pretzels are making me thirsty
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

NGK is a good dealer!
I feel bad for them with the problem everyone experienced during this drop. They will make it right for all involved I'm sure. I thought something was going wrong when the site kept listing in stock long after 5 knives would have been sold.
Cnhensel

Post by Cnhensel »

NGK refund issued today. (Ordered 1:17CST)
Barmoley

Post by Barmoley »

Also got the refund message. I am really starting to dislike Sprints :) Not sure why Spyderco is doing it this way to be honest. I understand that it creates publicity and a buzz, but on the other hand it also pisses off a lot of old time, loyal customers as well.

On another note, why people can't discuss their buying experience here and not in the alert thread is a mystery to me. One would think that it is not that difficult to understand that replying in the alert thread about random stuff is inconsiderate to say the least, but it appears that some either don't care or don't have the mental capacity to stop themselves.
Slalomnorth

Post by Slalomnorth »

Am I allowed to post this CPM 15v PM2 in this CPM 15v PM2 thread? Got mine today. Snagged it off of SMKW. No way I would’ve gotten one without the alert thread. Really appreciate it.
Good luck to all still on the hunt.

Got some AWT scales and mxg clip coming. This is a special knife for me as I’ve followed Shawn for awhile and now make my own knives with very thin grinds, and sound heat treats. If this is the proper thread, will post sharpening/usage impressions later!
8D3AF0DB-B04A-41FA-B1EC-DEE0A6160833.jpeg
These pretzels are making me thirsty
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Congratulations Slalomnorth!
I agree with you, change the clip asap. On my PM2 s30v I installed a Lynch Northwest clip and never look back to the original.
msum

Post by msum »

msum wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:50 pm
In case SMKW gets more stock, what are the discount codes? I seem to recall there are one or two that seem to perpetually work…

Thanks! Sorry to inappropriately post off-topic on this thread.
Just hoping to bump this up. Thanks.
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Question for Mr Beau.
Can you tell us how many PM2 will be made on this sprint run?
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

gimibala wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:35 am
Question for Mr Beau.
Can you tell us how many PM2 will be made on this sprint run?
I can answer that! "Not enough" is the correct answer always with these.
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

If I remembered correctly Spyderco made around 1200 Manix 2 15V.
It just seems that there is more interest in PM2 than Manix.

I’m still hoping that someone will know how many PM2 15V will be made.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

I don’t know if that’s possible the Manix craze was over the top still is. I assume it is 15v. That said the last place that had them in stock today were sold out 2 minutes after I saw the alert.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp