CPM 15V PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: CPM 15V PM2

Post by wrdwrght »

gimibala wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:41 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:33 am
wrdwrght wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:25 am
gimibala wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:08 am

Probably the knives are shipped to the dealers and they are selling them on eBay for double the price.
I hate sprint runs.
You’re new here. Calm down and learn some things.
For real, both of these guys need to relax a bit. They just started dropping...

Don't come here just to make a stink and drop your panic all over the forum.
I will calm down when the knife will be in my hand.
I am not buying knives to re-sale for profit. I joined this forum thinking that I will have a fair chance to buy the PM2.
Then you mistake the reason for this forum. As I said, learn some things. The knives you want will come soon enough.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Slalomnorth

Post by Slalomnorth »

First post here.

I almost got one yesterday on wayofknife (MI). Not really sure how I didn’t as I added it to cart immediately and auto filled/checked out immediately…still didn’t happen. It’s frustrating but at the end of the day it’s just a knife.

Obviously still lots of time to snag one. I’ll keep trying. I’m often times not around a computer though/have no phone service so probably not looking too good. I don’t have a PM2 as I’m not a big finger choil fan/typically like a little longer blade (which is good for my bank account otherwise I’d probably spend a lot of money on spydercos lol).

I’ve followed Shawn for a decent while so it would be cool to own/experience a steel like this. I will probably also regrind it if I get it. Good luck peeps
These pretzels are making me thirsty
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

gimibala wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:50 am
Can someone explain me why Knife Center change the status on PM2 from “currently unavailable “ to “discontinued “ in a matter of 12 hours. I took screen shots on their website.
I’m staying online 12-14 hours a day until I’ll buy the knife.
Also, why my posts take a day to show up here on the forum.

This is typical behavior for KnifeCenters listings. It goes from the coming soon section to the new release section and then it goes invisible. It'll reappear in stock eventually. I don't believe they've dropped any yet. If you see actual photos of the knife in the listing, then they probably dropped some. Currently the stock photos are still there.
I'm also expecting some false alarm emails from BladeHQ any day now. You can never sleep on them though, just in case it's really dropping there. They shift inventory kinda like KnifeCenter except theirs likes to send the emails at the same time.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Slalomnorth wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:45 pm
First post here.

I almost got one yesterday on wayofknife (MI). Not really sure how I didn’t as I added it to cart immediately and auto filled/checked out immediately…still didn’t happen. It’s frustrating but at the end of the day it’s just a knife.

Obviously still lots of time to snag one. I’ll keep trying. I’m often times not around a computer though/have no phone service so probably not looking too good. I don’t have a PM2 as I’m not a big finger choil fan/typically like a little longer blade (which is good for my bank account otherwise I’d probably spend a lot of money on spydercos lol).

I’ve followed Shawn for a decent while so it would be cool to own/experience a steel like this. I will probably also regrind it if I get it. Good luck peeps

Hey Slalomnorth... Welcome to the forum!
Don't feel bad about that one... the odds of scoring on that Way of Knife drop were not in your favor. :spiral-eyes
Patience and persistence is key! Lots more to come.
•• Beau
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:27 pm
gimibala wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:50 am
Can someone explain me why Knife Center change the status on PM2 from “currently unavailable “ to “discontinued “ in a matter of 12 hours. I took screen shots on their website.
I’m staying online 12-14 hours a day until I’ll buy the knife.
Also, why my posts take a day to show up here on the forum.

This is typical behavior for KnifeCenters listings. It goes from the coming soon section to the new release section and then it goes invisible. It'll reappear in stock eventually. I don't believe they've dropped any yet. If you see actual photos of the knife in the listing, then they probably dropped some. Currently the stock photos are still there.
I'm also expecting some false alarm emails from BladeHQ any day now. You can never sleep on them though, just in case it's really dropping there. They shift inventory kinda like KnifeCenter except theirs likes to send the emails at the same time.
Mr Beau,
I appreciate your help.
Today I was able to put the PM2 in my cart at Pureblades and then while I was trying to checkout it just stopped and didn’t let me to pay.
Also there were 2 knives on eBay today, not sure why these people are doing that. Probably they just received them and quickly put them for sale, just to make a small profit.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

^^ this guy is in for a very rude awakening when it comes to the sprint run world.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Paging the forum therapist! Where's Bloke?

Keep calm folks, this is just the beginning.

Do not panic.
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

It's insane and has been since the first S90V PPCF PM2 sprint dropped in 2010. In the years that I have been chasing PM2s it's never been easy and so far I have only missed out on one that I had to buy on the secondary market. That was the C81CFPE2 PPCF CPM-154/S90V Sprint Run of only 300. It was the first (and only?) Spyderco offered in the CPM-154/S90V composite. The core of CPM-S90V is sandwiched between the CPM-154CM. The MSRP was $469.95 and I think I paid $525 for it otherwise with perseverance I've been able to score the rest at MAP. The exclusives were and still can be a whole different animal to bag. At least with the sprints there's more than one storefront.

Good luck to everyone!
AllThingsKnives

Post by AllThingsKnives »

Was Able to Snag one last night from Mr Knife Guy I had to be on a waitlist and only lucked out because I was quicker on the phone that the guy ahead of me. Good luck everyone, I’m gonna keep looking and I’ll let y’all know if anything sticks
Lover of all things knives, and especially Spydercos,enjoyer of steels and heat treatment, user and content creator.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

AllThingsKnives wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:26 am
Was Able to Snag one last night from Mr Knife Guy I had to be on a waitlist and only lucked out because I was quicker on the phone that the guy ahead of me. Good luck everyone, I’m gonna keep looking and I’ll let y’all know if anything sticks
I got my manix from Mr Knife guy. I’m not seeing as many alerts in the alert thread, which tells me these are somehow going even faster than the 15V manix, yikes.
Dnwrghtsr

Post by Dnwrghtsr »

It seemed to me that it took around a month for
all the Manix suppliers to sell out.
Lc200n, s90v, magnacut, 20v, 204p, cruwear, s110v, 15v, cts-xhp
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Deadwood is reputable dealer. I don’t approve that they are selling their batch on eBay for msrp. But to each their own.
MRj “Weak things break!”
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Mrj wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:25 pm
Deadwood is reputable dealer. I don’t approve that they are selling their batch on eBay for msrp. But to each their own.
I totally agree with you. I saw that he put 4 knives for sale and sold them quickly. This is not right.
Attachments
E88F6C6E-C4FC-4922-98B7-0773453C42C4.png
Slalomnorth

Post by Slalomnorth »

Mrj wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:25 pm
Those went quick. I had them on my eBay watch list trying to decide but as soon as it got posted on the alert thread…gone
These pretzels are making me thirsty
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

I'd buy this knife but... I'm done hovering over a keyboard. Hopefully Spyderco will relace Maxamet with 15V or add it to their range. I'm not competing with every man and his dog in a feeding frenzy. Yep, I will be disappointed not to get one but in the long term that won't matter at all. I have yet to try K390 so maybe a Stretch in that or I'll wait until the Stretch XL comes in K390. Life is to short for the FOMO feeding frenzy.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

amateur blacksmith wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:00 pm
I'd buy this knife but... I'm done hovering over a keyboard. Hopefully Spyderco will relace Maxamet with 15V or add it to their range. I'm not competing with every man and his dog in a feeding frenzy. Yep, I will be disappointed not to get one but in the long term that won't matter at all. I have yet to try K390 so maybe a Stretch in that or I'll wait until the Stretch XL comes in K390. Life is to short for the FOMO feeding frenzy.
Do yourself a favor and get a Stretch 2 in K390! It's really excellent stuff. I'm happy I got a 15V Manix. Gonna keep an eye out for a PM2 but I'm not going to put too much effort into it. I'm enjoying the 15V, but knives and steels are just a hobby for me and I see no need at all to put stress on myself trying to fight the hordes again to get a PM2. K390 does a whole lot of what 15V does and you can get it any time, in several models.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

I would highly recommend Seki K390. The Stretch 2, or Endura 4 are amazing platforms for it. The Hype around these 15V sprints is insane, as is the hunt.
amateur blacksmith

Post by amateur blacksmith »

electro-static wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:36 pm
I would highly recommend Seki K390. The Stretch 2, or Endura 4 are amazing platforms for it. The Hype around these 15V sprints is insane, as is the hunt.

It took me a while to realize it but FOMO is the opposite to having fun.
gimibala

Post by gimibala »

Another two PM2 showed up on EBay, the sellers are asking only $375.
I would like to know if Spyderco are ok with this type of practice. The knives are shipped to the dealers and they are selling the knives on private EBay accounts.
Attachments
CD18780D-044E-4465-A21B-15C5FEC051C6.jpeg
CD18780D-044E-4465-A21B-15C5FEC051C6.jpeg (23.85 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
A35C8896-D4C5-4B11-8081-55F944B684B3.png
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I don't think those are dealers. At least by their seller name. Could it just be flippers listing before they have the product in hand? I don't think Spyderco has any control over that.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005