Wal-Mart and this forum

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
akapennypincher

Wal-Mart and this forum

Post by akapennypincher »

WallynWirld block this forum with their Wi-Fi, warning say WEAPONS.

This is funny as they sells weapons.🥶
Evil D

Re: Wal-Mart and this forum

Post by Evil D »

They used to sell Spyderco weapons! I bought my very first Spyderco from them.

I sure do miss those $9.78 50 round boxes of 9mm though. Damned evil weapons.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

My local YMCA Wi-Fi blocks this forum; Bladeforums too. Try buying a Damascus blade using PayPal for that matter, you might find your account frozen. Found that one out the hard way.
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

All these **** automatic assault weapons!

Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

You might try contacting Walmart and letting them know that you need wifi connectivity to help you evaluate your purchasing options regarding knives. Some DNS services allow an administrator to block certain categories of websites. Maybe some low-grade nitwit at Walmart just checked the box, without considering the ramifications.

On my home network, I block domains associated with phishing, adware, parked domains, spam, academic fraud, and a host of other things. I could block weapons, as well, but that makes no sense to me. If visitors to my home don't like the way I run my network, they're welcome to stand outside and hope for a good cell signal.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Double standards are the best standards 🤣

Screenshot_20221230_150920_Chrome.jpg
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
akapennypincher

Wal - Mart still sell firearms, so it bull🐂.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:33 pm
Try buying a Damascus blade using PayPal for that matter, you might find your account frozen. Found that one out the hard way.
That's interesting. I just bought a Manix 2 sprint on Ebay, and I am sure I just paid using Paypal like I do for every Ebay purchase without thinking twice (or even once) about it. No problems at all.

Not saying you didn't have trouble, but you have me thinking about this now. I guess I just got lucky. Maybe they have trigger words that get their attention (like "blade" or "gun"). No telling why my Manix purchase flew under their radar. Or maybe they just haven't caught up with me yet. Or maybe my paypal is already blocked for being such a bad bad boy.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:20 pm
Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:33 pm
Try buying a Damascus blade using PayPal for that matter, you might find your account frozen. Found that one out the hard way.
That's interesting. I just bought a Manix 2 sprint on Ebay, and I am sure I just paid using Paypal like I do for every Ebay purchase without thinking twice (or even once) about it. No problems at all.

Not saying you didn't have trouble, but you have me thinking about this now. I guess I just got lucky. Maybe they have trigger words that get their attention (like "blade" or "gun"). No telling why my Manix purchase flew under their radar. Or maybe they just haven't caught up with me yet. Or maybe my paypal is already blocked for being such a bad bad boy.
I’ve had issues with words like “Damascus” and “Havana” so I’m under the impression it’s more to do with the regions of the world themselves and the implications of the money potentially being sent there to get the PayPal hall monitors involved. Knives by themselves have never been an issue. Also had an issue with mammoth ivory but that has more to do with the sale of modern ivory being limited and PayPal playing it safe rather than risking international poachers unloading their wares.
anycal

Post by anycal »

It's a broad-brush filter. Don't take it personally. Free WiFi - you get what you pay for.
Peter
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

A few years back, I got a Resilience for $25 in my local Walmart clearance aisle.. solid deal. :winking-tongue
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
akapennypincher

Think Wally World still sell the SPYDERCO WEAPONIZED KNIVES.😇
Cowboyfromhell

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

Your grammar is terrible pennypincher....