Millie best user knife. Change my mind.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cheddarnut

Re: Millie best user knife. Change my mind.

Post by Cheddarnut »

I could concede that the family is the best go to based not on what i want to believe but what actually ends up in my pocket, with the caveat that despite trying to at least develop a platonic respect for the goldilocks of the family, i.e. the para 2, i cannot. The military is nimble enough to carry if youre comfortable with it, but doesnt mince or compromise its nature the way i feel the para 2 does. The para 2 feels like a military wearing a wool sweater that was washed and then thrown into a dryer on high for 46 minutes. Personally the para 3 has been an invisible carry lately, meaning i forget about it because it does what it has to cutting wise, carry wise and aesthetically. I suppose it depends on the iteration, as its the cf 52100 flavour, with a black clip. I reach for my bg42 military when my pants allow the scale of a millie, never for my cruwear, as the clip makes me feel like its bloody saturday night fever in my pocket and im reticent to invite the neighbourhood to do the hustle in my pants.
Um, millie. Yep.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Double post
Last edited by Cheddarnut on Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Triple post, or something.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

You're correct. Millie is the best.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I can’t change your mind. My own thoughts won’t let me.

I will just say “best” is an enemy of a lot of great Spydies. I, for one, have ceased to seek it.

Over the past month, I’ve had the following Spydies nearby to fondle. Each is just plain great.

As I posted in “the one” thread:

-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I have 2 different versions of the Military but I don't carry them very much. One reason I don't carry them very much is because I have so many other knives, the other reason is most of my carry used to be to my office and I was afraid that some people there would think the Military was overly large. The knives I almost always carry are the PM2 and Manix 2, and I carry them to my office without being concerned about it. If I owned more versions of the Military I might carry them more. New Spyderco versions that would interest me would be Magnacut and/or LW PM2.
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

bdblue wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:35 pm
I have 2 different versions of the Military but I don't carry them very much. One reason I don't carry them very much is because I have so many other knives, the other reason is most of my carry used to be to my office and I was afraid that some people there would think the Military was overly large. The knives I almost always carry are the PM2 and Manix 2, and I carry them to my office without being concerned about it. If I owned more versions of the Military I might carry them more. New Spyderco versions that would interest me would be Magnacut and/or LW PM2.
Deep carry clip and put inside waistband either on the hip or at an angle in front at the crease of your thigh. Carried it like that for years in an office setting. Nobody knows how big it is till you pull it out and unless it’s illegal, shrug it off imho
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:54 am
I will just say “best” is an enemy of a lot of great Spydies.
Very well said. I agree. :bug-red-white 👍
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi