2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nonstainless

Re: 2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by nonstainless »

The next morning after a rainy day I found a net covered with tiny drops. Having my favourite PM2 in the pocket I felt like these two would fit together.
Good luck for everyone!
Attachments
0556_small.jpg
Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. L11:35
Rusty_Shackelford

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

That’s an incredible picture, Nick! Very nicely done!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:56 pm
I’ve had the idea for a photo of the Spyderthrowers in action for a long time now and finally put it all together for this years calendar contest. The idea was to have stuck the first two throws with the third near impact and myself finishing the throw in the background, sporting some cool Spyderco gear. :cheap-sunglasses It was a solo “selfie” shot taken using a timer during the middle of a heat wave. :hot-face For nearly three hours, I was running back and forth to set the timer and pose for each shot, making slight adjustments each time. It was a fun but challenging photo to shoot.

I was also lucky enough to be chosen in the “National Give Something Away Day” contest here on the forums recently and the hat I’m wearing in the photo was part of that generous prize, which I received that same day. I thought featuring it in this photo would be a good way of showing my appreciation for such generosity. I’m also wearing a Spyderco shirt because I noticed a great increase in my throwing accuracy while wearing it. :cheap-sunglasses

Forum Name: Mushroom
Product Name: Spyder Throwers™ Large - TK01LG

“Selfie Sticking”
https://i.imgur.com/LpihV1e.jpg

0CA86672-1659-4F31-B9A4-7D1D3599C1E0.jpeg

Thank you, Spyderco, for providing us with this unique opportunity each year! :respect :bug-red

Winner, Nick! 👏👏👏
:beaming-face Thank you! I really hope so! :crossed-fingers
-Nick :bug-red
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:57 pm
nerdlock wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:56 pm
I’ve had the idea for a photo of the Spyderthrowers in action for a long time now and finally put it all together for this years calendar contest. The idea was to have stuck the first two throws with the third near impact and myself finishing the throw in the background, sporting some cool Spyderco gear. :cheap-sunglasses It was a solo “selfie” shot taken using a timer during the middle of a heat wave. :hot-face For nearly three hours, I was running back and forth to set the timer and pose for each shot, making slight adjustments each time. It was a fun but challenging photo to shoot.

I was also lucky enough to be chosen in the “National Give Something Away Day” contest here on the forums recently and the hat I’m wearing in the photo was part of that generous prize, which I received that same day. I thought featuring it in this photo would be a good way of showing my appreciation for such generosity. I’m also wearing a Spyderco shirt because I noticed a great increase in my throwing accuracy while wearing it. :cheap-sunglasses

Forum Name: Mushroom
Product Name: Spyder Throwers™ Large - TK01LG

“Selfie Sticking”
https://i.imgur.com/LpihV1e.jpg

0CA86672-1659-4F31-B9A4-7D1D3599C1E0.jpeg

Thank you, Spyderco, for providing us with this unique opportunity each year! :respect :bug-red

Winner, Nick! 👏👏👏
:beaming-face Thank you! I really hope so! :crossed-fingers
That is an incredible shot. Great job!
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Thank you to everyone who participated! We've got our work cut out for us with selections. We're truly honored to see how much time, effort, and care you put into your submissions. 2023 will be a most excellent calendar.

The contest is officially CLOSED.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.