2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: 2023 Forum Calendar Contest!

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Hi all!

So I decided to show a little love to the Salt 2. I was out checking my cherry tomatoes after it had rained one day, and noticed all the different shades of green so I figured I’d add to it with a Spyderco. The Salt 2 seemed like a perfect choice. With the exception of the Dragonfly, this knife sees the most pocket time. There’s nothing like a sharp, rust proof featherweight knife. I use the Salt 2 when I’m hiking, fishing, gardening, and even in the kitchen. Best of luck to everyone!
Attachments
Spyderco Salt 2 LC200N
Spyderco Salt 2 LC200N
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

My two favorite work knives. Spyderco Waterway and Siren. Love all the great images this year!

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great picture ! Siren is very difficult for me to keep reaching for it daily . Fine knife . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

I've taken so many pictures this year it's hard to pick one I like best. The funny thing is of all the pics this was the least effort as I snagged it on my daily errand run. Love the little things that keep the world going. Even if I don't get selected I had fun looking for backgrounds with my wife, she's actually entering this year too once she picks her pic.
SoDeniusz

Post by SoDeniusz »

Hello! :-)

Spyderco Sage is my best EDC, I am using it since April 2016. :-)

IT was with me at the most important moments of my life: graduation, weeding, daughter baptism.

It is not the best knife I have, but it has "something". This "someting" forces me to choose this particular knife at important event. :-)

I took this foto for your July/August page when sunflowers are blooming. :-)

Last edited by SoDeniusz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I’ve had the idea for a photo of the Spyderthrowers in action for a long time now and finally put it all together for this years calendar contest. The idea was to have stuck the first two throws with the third near impact and myself finishing the throw in the background, sporting some cool Spyderco gear. :cheap-sunglasses It was a solo “selfie” shot taken using a timer during the middle of a heat wave. :hot-face For nearly three hours, I was running back and forth to set the timer and pose for each shot, making slight adjustments each time. It was a fun but challenging photo to shoot.

I was also lucky enough to be chosen in the “National Give Something Away Day” contest here on the forums recently and the hat I’m wearing in the photo was part of that generous prize, which I received that same day. I thought featuring it in this photo would be a good way of showing my appreciation for such generosity. I’m also wearing a Spyderco shirt because I noticed a great increase in my throwing accuracy while wearing it. :cheap-sunglasses

Forum Name: Mushroom
Product Name: Spyder Throwers™ Large - TK01LG

“Selfie Sticking”
0CA86672-1659-4F31-B9A4-7D1D3599C1E0.jpeg
0CA86672-1659-4F31-B9A4-7D1D3599C1E0.jpeg (33 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
Thank you, Spyderco, for providing us with this unique opportunity each year! :respect :bug-red
-Nick :bug-red
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Spyderco Manix 2 XL S90V has always been my favorite knife...
It shines in every way... cutting performance, endurance, materials, lock strenght...
A true gem in my collection.

Forum Name: Tap78
Model: Spyderco Manix2 XL C95CFP2 / CPM-S90V + Spyderco bead

My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
SoDeniusz

Post by SoDeniusz »

Delete
Last edited by SoDeniusz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:56 pm
I’ve had the idea for a photo of the Spyderthrowers in action for a long time now and finally put it all together for this years calendar contest. The idea was to have stuck the first two throws with the third near impact and myself finishing the throw in the background, sporting some cool Spyderco gear. :cheap-sunglasses It was a solo “selfie” shot taken using a timer during the middle of a heat wave. :hot-face For nearly three hours, I was running back and forth to set the timer and pose for each shot, making slight adjustments each time. It was a fun but challenging photo to shoot.

I was also lucky enough to be chosen in the “National Give Something Away Day” contest here on the forums recently and the hat I’m wearing in the photo was part of that generous prize, which I received that same day. I thought featuring it in this photo would be a good way of showing my appreciation for such generosity. I’m also wearing a Spyderco shirt because I noticed a great increase in my throwing accuracy while wearing it. :cheap-sunglasses

“Selfie Sticking”

Thank you, Spyderco, for providing us with this unique opportunity each year! :respect :bug-red
That’s great Nick! Funny, the Throwers crossed my mind to potentially use as well. You outdid anything I would have come up with.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
SoDeniusz

Post by SoDeniusz »

Delete
Last edited by SoDeniusz on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

DutchBlades wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:26 am
Evil D wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:14 am
RevMike wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:14 pm
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one wondering about the somewhat unclear confirmation.
I sent out a message when I uploaded my file, so I'll be sure to post the feedback I might receive on it ;)
All should be in order when you got the "You have successfully uploaded 1 asset into Spyderco Marketing" message.
There's no DONE button or anything, but no need to worry ;)
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
MoiraMomo

Post by MoiraMomo »

MoiraMomo
Attachments
Candy Day.
Candy Day.
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

Hello everyone! I joined this forum several months ago, and have learned so much information and have a great respect for what you all contribute to this forum. Thank you all for that!

My submission is a Cruwear PM2 that I acquired and took on a camping trip in the Beartooth Mountains this Summer. This knife has really renewed my interest in quality blades, and gave me a new appreciation for the Spyderco brand.

As others have said, there are many great pictures on here! Very impressive.

Finally, thanks to Sal, Kristi and the whole Spyderco Crew. What a great place to be a part of.
Attachments
20220801_195529.jpg
TLCandKNIVES

Post by TLCandKNIVES »

This picture was taken at the beach with my husband after celebrating our 6yr anniversary! Can't wait for next years contest! Good Luck everyone!!!
Attachments
TLC23.jpg
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Happymayo, SoDeniusz, MoiraMomo, Clinton1 and TLCandknives,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
zemogKA

Post by zemogKA »

I was going through my Spyderco collection and surprisingly found I have more backlocks than anything else. While the compression lock is my favorite, I do love a Spydie backlock, smooth but sturdy and dependable. I decided to compare backlocks from 5 different factories (Countries?) and snap a pic in all their differing glory.

Byrd Meadowlark - China
Delica 4 SS - Seki City Japan
Native 5 Salt - Golden, CO USA
Sage 4 - Taichung Taiwan
SpyOpera - Maniago Italy
Last edited by zemogKA on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tate R Tot

Post by Tate R Tot »

I'm AMAZED at the talent you all have! Great pictures! I wouldn't want to have to pick the winners!
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

mb1 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:32 pm
Mushroom wrote:

“Selfie Sticking”
https://i.imgur.com/LpihV1e.jpg

That’s great Nick! Funny, the Throwers crossed my mind to potentially use as well. You outdid anything I would have come up with.
Thanks, I appreciate that! I had half a dozen other photos it was up against this year but I chose this one because it was the most difficult photo of the bunch to actually take.
-Nick :bug-red
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

Mushroom wrote:

“Selfie Sticking”

Winner, Nick! 👏👏👏
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

Great photos as always everyone!

When I travel to places where it is legal to bring a knife, I always like to take knife photos as momentos and a record of my travels. This year, we went took a road trip and went to the Glass Beach, so out came the knife (my regular EDC Amalgam). My wife of course took a picture of me "being weird" and taking a picture of a knife, but I decided not to use her picture for my submission =P
PXL_20220819_160912671-01-01.jpeg
Last edited by gundamaniac on Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.