Native Chief CS Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JRinFL

Re: Native Chief CS Exclusive

Post by JRinFL »

I did. I have way overspent this quarter, but that deal is never coming around again. Excellent knife, nice bright orange G10, good steel. What's not to love?*

* Orange haters begone! :winking-tongue
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

I already have one and on paper it's very good but it just never seems to find its way into my pocket. I can see how it would if I had very large hands, however.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:06 am
I think that's the benefit of these exclusives is that the stores/distributers that sell them can reorder them, rather than sprints which are true limited editions.
For certain dealers that is true, but there are others that will only run them once. CS is one of the dealers that has never done another run of a past Spyderco exclusive.
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Spyder-fan wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:54 pm
For certain dealers that is true, but there are others that will only run them once. CS is one of the dealers that has never done another run of a past Spyderco exclusive.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is at least the third run of the Orange XHP Chief. When I got mine I was under the impression it was not the first run.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:56 pm
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is at least the third run of the Orange XHP Chief. When I got mine I was under the impression it was not the first run.
There has been only one run of the satin XHP Chief, limited to 700 pieces, dropped on 2021-08-20. It's been a very slow seller. There will be no future runs in this configuration.
miohin

Post by miohin »

I was very, very close to buying this twice as the price is great, the Chief is up my alley, and I have not experienced XHP.

The first time, we recently had a package stolen and I had visions of it being dropped on the door step and being snagged by someone else. The second time I did the unthinkable and well.............. bought a Bugout instead. I'm sure I'll regret that choice in the future, but that's opportunity cost and such I suppose.

Feels bad when I have the Spyder pin on my work lanyard.
Lurker
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Dang, it would be an excellent deal if I didn't have to make them send it to me across the ocean !!
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I have one and and the price drop is a great deal . I like the knife so much I will be getting another variation . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

Great knife, great shop and sweet deal. I’d buy a backup if I used it more, but despite being good, this size range serves a very narrow set of use cases for me. My current one will probably serve me well for at least two lifetimes