BOW RIVER™ BOLTARON® SHEATH

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BLUETYPEII

BOW RIVER™ BOLTARON® SHEATH

Post by BLUETYPEII »

I’m just wondering if anyone has a BOW RIVER BOLTARON SHEATH?

How’s the retention?

Edit: I just saw that on the website they are taco style.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Wright.88

Re: BOW RIVER™ BOLTARON® SHEATH

Post by Wright.88 »

Interesting, I didn’t know these were a thing! No picture on the website, I would be interested to see what these look like and how well they work. The kydex sheaths for the Bow River that I’ve seen listed on eBay state that the retention is just from friction as there is no good contact point to lock the knife in.

Though the Spyderco one at $70 is twice what I paid for the knife, so probably not worth it for me.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Wright.88 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 am
Interesting, I didn’t know these were a thing! No picture on the website, I would be interested to see what these look like and how well they work. The kydex sheaths for the Bow River that I’ve seen listed on eBay state that the retention is just from friction as there is no good contact point to lock the knife in.

Though the Spyderco one at $70 is twice what I paid for the knife, so probably not worth it for me.
Yeah that plus $14 shipping is the main reason I haven’t bought one yet.

I’m probably just going to end up making one because the Spyderco one broke and I haven’t been able to carry it it. The last sheath I made actually came out decent.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

The sheath is covered by the warranty, so depending on how it broke it might be worth contacting Spyderco directly to see if they can help.

———
Photo of the Bow River boltaron sheath

-Nick :bug-red
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Mushroom wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 8:23 pm
The sheath is covered by the warranty, so depending on how it broke it might be worth contacting Spyderco directly to see if they can help.

———
Photo of the Bow River boltaron sheath

Thanks however I can’t send it in to warranty repair. The stitching holding the belt loop gave out; so I trimmed it and tried attaching another loop but it was just too bulky.

Oh well live and learn.

EDIT: I saw a really interesting pocket sheath with an Ulticlip that holds it in place. I just got an Ulticlip so I’m going to try and make a pocket sheath for the Bow River. I think it’s within my leather working skill level but, we’ll see.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”