DLT CruWear Purple G10 PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RustyIron

Re: DLT CruWear Purple G10 PM2

Post by RustyIron »

FACTS:

1. The Paramilitary 2 is the prettiest, best proportioned, most elegant knife Spyderco makes.

2. The Z-Wear Mule is NICE. Cruwear should be equally good.

3. Purple handles are the BEST.

4. Compared to other PM2's, this is a smokin' deal.

Even though this is made for those fumble-fingered right-handers,
my alarm is set for next Tuesday morning.
This knife WILL BE MINE.

Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

Would consider if the scales weren't grape. As it is include another $50 - $150 for new scales.
Skar

Post by Skar »

I really like it.
The steel is one of my personal favorites and scale color is unique which I'm good with any color other than pink. All around a solid buy.

Personally I'm going to pass. As a consumer chasing each flavor of knife is not practical.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I'd like one but don't have the cash right now. I don't think it's regular production, but that would be awesome if it were.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:50 pm
I'd like one but don't have the cash right now. I don't think it's regular production, but that would be awesome if it were.
Exclusives are made to order, so sometimes they are one-and-done, or sometimes the distributor or dealer will order multiple runs as they sell out. BHQ exclusives come back into stock almost as regularly as production knives, other vendors seem to treat them more like sprints (I could be wrong, but this is how it feels to me).
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

My guess one run and done . The black blade has not come back for two years .
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:24 pm
Naperville wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:50 pm
Exclusives are made to order, so sometimes they are one-and-done, or sometimes the distributor or dealer will order multiple runs as they sell out. BHQ exclusives come back into stock almost as regularly as production knives, other vendors seem to treat them more like sprints (I could be wrong, but this is how it feels to me).
The PM2 is a good sized folder. I'll see what I can do....
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

Spook410 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:50 pm
Would consider if the scales weren't grape. As it is include another $50 - $150 for new scales.
If you're happy with brown micarta, it's available now, and it's only $30 more than the purple G10.
Spook410

Post by Spook410 »

RustyIron wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:02 pm
Spook410 wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:50 pm
If you're happy with brown micarta, it's available now, and it's only $30 more than the purple G10.
Quite a good suggestion and as these have been in and out of stock I've gone back and forth. Maybe if I didn't have so many other brown micarta knives or if Spyderco would do something besides ironing board flat scales on the PM2. So probably not brown micarta, certainly not grape G10 (YMMV, viva diverse tastes) but still wouldn't mind a PM2 in Cruwear before inflation makes us yearn for the good old days. I know. First world problems.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

This one’s a perfect project knife. Great steel, low cost, nested liners. I’m sorry to say the full profile liners and thin micarta scales are a no go for me, but this knife allows you to go custom scales easily. A 3D handle on the PM2 would be awesome, something between a Bark River and a Shaman would be amazing. But costly, and there’s the rub.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:40 am
This one’s a perfect project knife. Great steel, low cost, nested liners. I’m sorry to say the full profile liners and thin micarta scales are a no go for me, but this knife allows you to go custom scales easily. A 3D handle on the PM2 would be awesome, something between a Bark River and a Shaman would be amazing. But costly, and there’s the rub.
It’s great to have options to explore opposed to the full liner model , I agree it is a winner as a project knife if the Purple is a turn off . I won’t be surprised to see mods popping up after the release . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

I had the Knife Joker Green G10 + DLC CruWear Shaman from the drop in my cart yesterday, and was able to hold off, mostly because I want one of these more. I sure hope this drop isn't too much of a mad scramble and I'm able to get one, or it's going to be a double bummer.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Purple on black was the best color combo Spyderco did in years. If these scales pop up for sale, I'll definitely try and get my hands on them
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

GarageBoy wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:32 am
Purple on black was the best color combo Spyderco did in years. If these scales pop up for sale, I'll definitely try and get my hands on them
Yea I agree the DLC blade with purple scales was a dope combo.

But I really like the purple scales in general, for some reason.
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I've been trying to convince someone to swap their purple scales for my smooth g10 scales for a year to make this knife. I cannot wait!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Gtscotty wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:26 am
I had the Knife Joker Green G10 + DLC CruWear Shaman from the drop in my cart yesterday, and was able to hold off, mostly because I want one of these more. I sure hope this drop isn't too much of a mad scramble and I'm able to get one, or it's going to be a double bummer.

There was a new drop of these yesterday? A restock?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:24 pm
Gtscotty wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:26 am

There was a new drop of these yesterday? A restock?
Yep, I had added myself to the in stock notification at some point in the past. Email came in when I happened to by holding my phone, at 5:14 Central on the 23rd.... They didn't last long. Had one on the purchase page, but figured a) I didn't really need to buy two Shamans in one month, and b) I really wanted this Para 2 more. If this knife hadn't been dropping tomorrow, I probably would have gotten it though, it's a cool combination.
spydergoat

Post by spydergoat »

PM2 fans man your battlestations, this drops in less than 15 minutes.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Easy purchase. I haven't bought a new knife for at least a year. Decided on a whim to give this one a shot.
not_the_sharpest

Post by not_the_sharpest »

Got my order in. Now they just need to do a Shaman in this color scheme or the coated blade color scheme.