Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manixguy@1994

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:45 am
Well, I received my brand new Native 5 in G10. This should be the linerless version, but I received the S35VN and linered version, just the one I had back then !
edit : Date code dates it to January 2016, must've been a really, really late return or they found it fallen behind a shelf. They sell only the linerless since 2018/2019.

Great find ! I have been looking for that model and it has been a dead end here . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:19 am

Great find ! I have been looking for that model and it has been a dead end here . MG2
I didn't expect to see one again, except maybe for high prices on the used market.
I e-mailed Knives&Tools to see if they know why I received this model. There website only shows the last sku. They had a shipment coming, I missed it cause I ordered a SpydieChef.
It came back in stock again some days later just for me to buy it and then out of stock directly ! :squinting-tongue

edit : only a few hours with it but I fell in love with this particular version all over again ! This is just wonderful. Even if there is a little lock rock compared to the LW or linerless versions, it's still the king.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
vivi

Post by vivi »

Just got the notification my G10 Police 4 is coming back from Golden :)
:unicorn
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Nice vivi ! Is it the one that was missing some hardware (if i recall correctly) ?

I received the new Spydie Chef. The lock rock is worst than the previous one, but it feels like this time it's only a matter of lockbar tension.
I wonder if Ti lockbar obey to similar rules as steel lockbars... Might be an easy fix.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

aicolainen

Post by aicolainen »

I don't usually post in this thread, but this one was mention worthy... I think.

I used to want the fluted CF Native 5 for a long time, but I had other more "pressing" knife acquisitions to attend to first.
Then it was gone for a long time, and I got the impression it was discontinued.
After a while I came to terms with the fact that I had missed out.
But then, I noticed it in the latest catalogue, and that started a process of mixed feelings. I was still curious to try it, but I had also mentally moved on. And not only that, I'm actually slowing down on knives overall to focus more time and resources on backpacking and outdoor sports, so it wasn't even on my much slimmed and trimmed knife budget any longer.
Well, as it turns out I had an active "in stock" notification at Knives & Tools, so when I got notified this morning, I pulled the trigger.
Still have mixed feelings about it, but decided I want to check it out IRL before I make any decisive decision to move on.
Also my first acquisition of the year. Not sure if that turns out to serve as a pressure relief and makes it easier to withstand further acquisitions, or if it was the first little crack that eventually results in the dam busting. Interesting times ahead.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:45 am
Well, I received my brand new Native 5 in G10. This should be the linerless version, but I received the S35VN and linered version, just the one I had back then !
edit : Date code dates it to January 2016, must've been a really, really late return or they found it fallen behind a shelf. They sell only the linerless since 2018/2019.

Got the exact same beauty about 2 or so years ago. It's a keeper! :smiling-cheeks
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

archangel wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:50 pm
Got the exact same beauty about 2 or so years ago. It's a keeper! :smiling-cheeks
Ahah ! It's the exact same version I had before I gifted it to my brother. Now we are brothers in blood and in cutlery ^^. I really missed this one, the feeling and sounds are close to a good slipjoint. We can't really speak of walk and talk but, dang !

The SPY27 Manix Spyderco sent to me is by far the sharpest knife I've ever gotten from Golden ! There's some lockstick and, since it's pinned, i'll just leave it as is. But man it is satisfying to use, I don't mind having to take a bit more care and time to close it :smiling-heart-eyes :smiling-heart-eyes.

I've also received my second SpydieChef. It shows the same lock rock, but this time with an unpleasing sound. Well, I love the blade shape too much to return it. If it ever comes to fail, or do weird stuff, I'll bite the bullet and send it to Golden (just hope there won't be customs to get it back :squinting-tongue ).

SRS13 is coming soon, paid the customs yesterday.

PS : @aicolainen --> I think you'll really like this one ! In my experience, K&T will always offer you good service if needed. I hope the dam will hold strong, but still let the water flow, in order to feed its surroundings.

vivi

Post by vivi »

Ramonade wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:12 pm
Nice vivi ! Is it the one that was missing some hardware (if i recall correctly) ?

I received the new Spydie Chef. The lock rock is worst than the previous one, but it feels like this time it's only a matter of lockbar tension.
I wonder if Ti lockbar obey to similar rules as steel lockbars... Might be an easy fix.
Yep, the pivot screw snapped when adjusting the pivot. Got the part replaced. Excited to have a G10 Police 4 back in the rotation. Carrying my Police 3 a few times this month made me miss that slim profile. The pakkawood and FRN versions are thicker, which feels nice in the hand but more noticeable clipped to a pocket.
:unicorn
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

The second one isn't technically in the mail yet but I already got a shipping notification for the first- the St Nick's Jester and the Damasteel Urban. I had no idea that today was going to be a double-drop day, my collection is thrilled and my credit card is not.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Snap-it H1 in full SE.

I had been wanting to get one of these for a long time, so I finally decided to pull the trigger. The thing of it is, according to our family’s tradition, I always get to pick out a new Spydie whenever I undergo a surgical procedure, and today was that day. 👍
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RevMike

Post by RevMike »

I finally have a Hungarian on the way.
Oh, and the St Nick's Jester should be in the mailbox today.
I needed some red for the "Candy Dish."

404 :bug-red-white s in 81 steel flavors.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

RevMike wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:04 am
...I needed some red for the "Candy Dish."

I like this.
So it goes.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

I loved the standard Dragonfly 2 so much so that I ordered another in Wharncliffe and K390.
I initially bought the first Dfly2 to replace my K390 Ladybug at work. I now switch between the Dfly2 and the Ladybug. I'm pretty sure this new one is gonna kick the other 2 from the rotation ^^'

Edit : also made the mistake of going on a certain bay, now I have a Chokwe on the way...

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Decided to grab a Manbug Wharnie and take advantage of the free shipping from KnifeCenter. This knife will be kept in my athletic shorts/comfy pants for random use around the house or out front hanging out with the neighbors.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

PROFICIENT!!!
Mister Coffee

Post by Mister Coffee »

Spyderco 4" Paring Knife Black Sermollan

(I already started a thread on this. Sorry if this is simply too much paring knife talk. :winking-tongue )
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageJust came in , wife steals the Bug . “ It’s so cute . “ MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:59 am
ImageJust came in , wife steals the Bug . “ It’s so cute . “ MG2
Very Nice! You got some K390 fun. I really like the look of the Stretch.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks Jeff . I already cut up two boxes testing it out. Glad I jumped on the K390 wagon to give this steel a tryout. Nice to have it in the Stretch platform . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Nice ! The Stetch 2 SS has some cool to it ^^ I got the same when it released, it's really good and the handle is perfect for my hands.

I'm not used to the lock rock yet (more than on my Endela, same as my ZDP Endura) that comes with these models though.
The blade itself is really nice, I have been able to put it to work directly, not like the K390 Ladybug sadly!

Btw: Anyone have an approximation on the Chokwe's used price ?