Pm2 skinny mod questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DOUBLE D

Pm2 skinny mod questions

Post by DOUBLE D »

Does anyone have any experience or pics with shiny modding a g10 pm2 with the standard nested liners?

I skinny modded my new full liner micarta version and love it so much. But I wonder how it would look or feel on the nested liner model
Bill1170

Re: Pm2 skinny mod questions

Post by Bill1170 »

Please describe this “skinny mod” you speak of. What does it entail?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Skinny mod for those who don't know (took me forever to figure out what everyone was talking about) is when you sand out the palm swell of the pm2/para 3
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

I've skinny modded a few Para2s, and really like em both looks and ergos-wise. It's more involved than skinnying the Para3, cause the liners are wider/taller on the Para2 and you have to grind em down too (vs the Para3 which only involves grinding down the scales). I love the skinny mod on both.
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

DigDug72 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:34 am
I've skinny modded a few Para2s, and really like em both looks and ergos-wise. It's more involved than skinnying the Para3, cause the liners are wider/taller on the Para2 and you have to grind em down too (vs the Para3 which only involves grinding down the scales). I love the skinny mod on both.
If possible, would you be able to post a pic with the exposed liners on one of the pm2’s if you still have?!

Thanks for the reply
DigDug72

Post by DigDug72 »

DOUBLE D wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:15 am
If possible, would you be able to post a pic with the exposed liners on one of the pm2’s if you still have?!
Thanks for the reply
Sure - this one is chopped down smaller w/ Ti scales, but you can see the liners towards the end of the vid, and would be the same unchopped: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWlbULUgwNC/.
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

DigDug72 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:20 am
DOUBLE D wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:15 am
Thanks for the reply
Sure - this one is chopped down smaller w/ Ti scales, but you can see the liners towards the end of the vid, and would be the same unchopped: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWlbULUgwNC/.

Nice. Thank you so much. I left the back hump full size and only sanded down the middle hump on the full liner version, But it’s nice to see that it won’t look or function poorly on the nested liner standard version also! Thank you for the video and the help!

Before sanding down that middle hump, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to do the pm2 just because it was too big and blocky in the hand. But the skinny mod makes it so perfect.
DOUBLE D

Post by DOUBLE D »

If anyone else has any pictures or input, I’d be glad to hear it!