crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Man I just one on eBay for 445$. Crazy
MRj “Weak things break!”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Mrj wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:24 pm
What's crazy is someone with more money than sense will buy it not realizing (or caring) that it's a regular production item that will have subsequent runs
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

https://youtu.be/q7ADDJsIoMI
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:51 pm
Mrj wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:24 pm
What's crazy is someone with more money than sense will buy it not realizing (or caring) that it's a regular production item that will have subsequent runs
Yea I’ve seen where people will say discontinued on some knives but they are regular products just maybe oos. The eBay world is definitely full of more money than sense lol. I can honestly say if another vendor comes out with an exclusive micarta in another color and steel it will crash servers.
MRj “Weak things break!”
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

I’m guessing that a bunch of these less known Knife Dealers are not authorized Spyderco Dealers and instead they’re buying stock from Knife Distributors…
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:24 pm
I’m guessing that a bunch of these less known Knife Dealers are not authorized Spyderco Dealers and instead they’re buying stock from Knife Distributors…
Every dealer I've posted is on the Dealer Locator List (I've edited this due to new information). :respect

Edit: BentoBoxShop is not on the dealer list but has previously been confirmed to be an authorized dealer.

Edit #2: Sorry, I forgot SoonerStateKnives is not on the dealer locator List.

Edit #3: National Knives is an Authorized dealer just not on the Dealer Locator List.
Last edited by Buddafucco on Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:34 pm
RamZar wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:24 pm
Every dealer I've posted except for National Knives is on the authorized dealer list. :respect

Edit: BentoBoxShop is not on the dealer list but has previously been confirmed to be an authorized dealer.

Good to know. Thanks.

Just in case some don't know the authorized Spyderco Dealers and Distributors can be found at:
https://www.spyderco.com/resources/dealer-locator/
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Had one from CS last night in the cart but couldn't get signed in to my account. Once I reset the password and came back they were gone....
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

North River Outdoors... Priced slightly higher... On the dealer list... https://www.northriveroutdoors.com/coll ... s/c81mpcw2
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Back at SoonerStateKnives... Not on the dealer list... towards the bottom of the page... http://www.soonerstateknives.com/newitems.html
•• Beau
Revival

Post by Revival »

Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:51 pm
Back at SoonerStateKnives... Not on the dealer list... towards the bottom of the page... http://www.soonerstateknives.com/newitems.html
Both my buddy and I ordered from them the first time you posted. No issues at all. Received shipping info and knife came in a few days.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

troutinCO wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:42 am
Crox wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:14 pm
Snacktime wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:57 pm
Does it flex when you pinch the micarta behind the lock bar? Should be increased due to full liners as the metal suports out to the edge of the micarta and the rib hiding the lock bar on the normal model does not offer additional strength.
Yes. There is some flex by the lock bar. There is no liner there since the liner becomes the lock bar. It’s a pretty big span from the rear body screw forward.

Normally more material is more strength - maybe it’s marginal. Regardless of adding strength, I’d say the normal model seems more finished in the lock area.
In the name of science I tried to "break" mine by squeezing it as hard as I could last night. Once the mircarta touches the lock bar it stops bending. Open or closed I can get it to touch the lock bar and that was it.
I tried pinching it with one hand, two hands, moving up and down the entire length of the lock bar cut(the front towards the blade when open was a bit scary); I used different grips as if in use and squeezing as hard as I could in both open and closed positions. Once the mircarta touched the lock bar it was just as solid as the rest of the scales it seemed.
I guess if one grabbed the blade and started to smack that edge onto another hard edge surface or used vise grips or mechanical force to pinch it, it might damage it. I will let someone else test that theory. :squinting-tongue
Can you do it again while taking a video ? So we can see for ourselves.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

I will see what I can do for a video.
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

No video. Havent figured that yet... Quick (bad) pics.
mircarta pinch 1 resize.jpg
mircarta pinch 2 resize.jpg
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau