crucarta pm2 now shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chrisjohn

Re: crucarta pm2 now shipping

Post by chrisjohn »

Spyderco factory actually had these in stock?
attila

Post by attila »

chrisjohn wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:29 pm
Spyderco factory actually had these in stock?
Yes
9D6BF7CC-22C7-481D-A007-4F45FEF9FC53.png
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I picked one up at the SFO this afternoon. The grind is even on each side, and the edge is hair shaving sharp. I'll probably forgo the usual pass on the Sharpmaker to smooth the edge; it's that nice already. The detent holding the blade closed is what I'd consider firm, but crisp.

After playing with it for a while the blade will swing past 90°, then back, when holding it horizontal and releasing the lock, all with minimal wobble in the blade pivot. It's set up pretty much the way I'd do it.

One small issue-one of the clip screws stripped out on the end of the threads when I swapped the clip for tip up carry. This has happened once before so all I had to do is grab a spare screw and use it.

All in all, it's very well made.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Pokey wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:16 am
I picked one up at the SFO this afternoon. The grind is even on each side, and the edge is hair shaving sharp. I'll probably forgo the usual pass on the Sharpmaker to smooth the edge; it's that nice already. The detent holding the blade closed is what I'd consider firm, but crisp.

After playing with it for a while the blade will swing past 90°, then back, when holding it horizontal and releasing the lock, all with minimal wobble in the blade pivot. It's set up pretty much the way I'd do it.

One small issue-one of the clip screws stripped out on the end of the threads when I swapped the clip for tip up carry. This has happened once before so all I had to do is grab a spare screw and use it.

''Minimal wobble in the blade pivot'' as in ''blade play'' ? Bummer...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

elena86 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:50 am
Pokey wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:16 am

''Minimal wobble in the blade pivot'' as in ''blade play'' ? Bummer...

Oops, that doesn't sound very good, does it? Most times what I'm thinking never makes it to the keyboard. Let me clarify that statement, here's what I meant by minimal wobble.

When a blade swings open and shut freely with just gravity It could be due to a loose pivot screw. I'll open the blade, disengage and hold the lock mechanism out of the way so it doesn't touch the blade tang. In the case of this Compression Lock, I'll squeeze the lever all the way, out of the way, so the ball bearing doesn't touch the blade tang. I'll hold the blade and apply pressure to the left and right while slowly turning the blade. Basically, I'm using the blade as a lever to put torque on the pivot screw and washers. I'll use this test to see how loose or sloppy they are.

I could barely feel any movement or "slop" in the pivot on this one. (Just like the last one I bought, a PM 2/CF/52100.) If it had more slop than I like, I'd adjust the pivot screw.

After having knives for a while I'll dust the guts out, lube them up, and adjust the pivot if necessary, to keep them tuned up the way I like.

Once the blade is opened the Compression Lock, due to its tight fit, takes that slight bit of play out of the joint and the blade/handle is rock solid.

This one works great out of the box. ;)
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

MRj “Weak things break!”
andrewu750

Post by andrewu750 »

I think I got the last one. Thanks man
Trev

Post by Trev »

I saw all the hype on here so I called my local knife store to see if they had any in stock. I’m already on the list for when they arrive. They got 5……..apparently I was not among the first 5 on the list so my wait continues. Maybe this can be a last minute Christmas gift for myself
Matus

Post by Matus »

Soooo, did any of you lucky new owners had their already HRC measured?
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
z1r

Post by z1r »

Mine was delivered and it waiting for me to come home and unwrap it!
troutinCO

Post by troutinCO »

z1r wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:36 pm
Mine was delivered and it waiting for me to come home and unwrap it!
Lucky! I'm still waiting on a shipping notice.....
Wantashaman

Post by Wantashaman »

Me too... I'm in the same boat. I bought from the tacticalstore.com and I'm still waiting for a shipping notice. It makes me wonder if they oversold the few knives they received.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Wantashaman wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:06 pm
Me too... I'm in the same boat. I bought from the tacticalstore.com and I'm still waiting for a shipping notice. It makes me wonder if they oversold the few knives they received.
Last couple of orders I received never updated from label created until the suddenly delivered. I got one like that now. I expect it to show up tomorrow and suddenly change from waiting for pick up to delivered.

Hope both of yours show up soon, waiting sux!
Crox

Post by Crox »

I’ve continued getting acquainted with mine. It is very nice and I’m thrilled with it. But always thinking….

I feel the full liners were a missed opportunity to put some jimping by the index finger. Similar to how the Manix is setup. That would have taken it up a notch for me.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

I don't know if these are actually In Stk but... EDC Specialties... https://edcspecialties.com/product/spyd ... sion-lock/

Edit: Looks like a short pre-order
Edit 2: One page says out of stock but another says In Stk?? Might be trouble
Edit 3: If they were there, they're gone now
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Back at PureBlades... https://pureblades.com/paramilitary-2-b ... -c81mpcw2/

Edit: Somebody got it
•• Beau
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Crox wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:34 pm
I’ve continued getting acquainted with mine. It is very nice and I’m thrilled with it. But always thinking….

I feel the full liners were a missed opportunity to put some jimping by the index finger. Similar to how the Manix is setup. That would have taken it up a notch for me.

That would have been cool. I love the Manix jimping.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
z1r

Post by z1r »

Got mine, so far, very pleased, and the feel of the micarta, well, it's so velvety. Just feels nice in the hand. Worth every penny, but, at the same time, really makes me appreciate what a value the G10 S30V version I have is.

I'm so looking forward to putting it to use and can see it being my "backup dress knife!"

This just makes me dislike my Para 3 that much more. No offense to those who like the Para 3, but it just doesn't do it for me. Prefer the M2 or my N5.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

z1r wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 pm
Worth every penny, but, at the same time, really makes me appreciate what a value the G10 S30V version I have is.

I think the PM2 CruWear/Micarta is a good value at $171.50 compared to the PM2 S45VN/G-10 at $154.70.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Crox

Post by Crox »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:26 am
z1r wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 pm
Worth every penny, but, at the same time, really makes me appreciate what a value the G10 S30V version I have is.

I think the PM2 CruWear/Micarta is a good value at $171.50 compared to the PM2 S45VN/G-10 at $154.70.
I don’t own a standard but seemed like a good deal. I think of it as ONLY 10% more.