Steel Wedding Bands

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Steel Wedding Bands

Post by TkoK83Spy »

fixall wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:32 am
I had my ring made out of Damasteel with a titanium liner (since I’m allergic to nickel).

That's a very cool looking ring right there! I'd wear that without hesitation.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Me too, it looks great. I also Iike Tungsten Carbide.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:09 pm
I stopped wearing a wedding ring when That made me think of Tungsten since it won't bend. However, if it had to come off and there was some issue, then it would be a real bear to cut off.
They don't cut a tungsten ring off. Instead, they use Vise Grips or similar locking pliers to crack the ring.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

Used to wear tungsten until I sprained my knuckle and it swelled up so much I couldn’t get it off for a month. Freaked me out enough that once it came off, I never put it back on. Been married 15 years and don’t wear rings anymore. My dad hasn’t worn a ring since as long as I can remember either, guess I just come by it honestly.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I now wear my wedding ring on a chain around my neck. No more rings on fingers.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
bjz

Post by bjz »

I’m not married so I’m not obligated to wear anything BUT if I were, I would likely do something similar to Doc Dan. Prior to this summer, I didn’t really work in anything considered a hazardous environment and wasn’t compelled to not wear a ring and as such wore one every day for most of the last 20 years.

Half of that was with a thin banded silver ring, but the second half has been a rather large and thick carbon steel Damascus ring. This thing would destroy my finger if a piece of equipment etc ever fell on it so it sits on the dresser most weekdays now. It IS reactive, but if I stay on top of forcing a petina a couple/few times a year, the natural oils from my skin mostly keep things in check…mostly. It’s just too stinkin cool a ring not to wear in my off time.

Anyway, I haven’t taken my posting here to the picture level yet but it is quite the incredible piece, forged by a man named David Lisch out of Yelm Washington. Not sure he still makes rings but he forges his own Damascus and seems to focus on knives/swords these days!

It might be fodder for a separate off-topic thread but I stumbled across this man, and this ring, through a rather fantastic series of events.
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

My dad always wore his ring on a chain too. I don't know what habit I'll get into. I'm not one to do anything consistently, especially if I find it in the slightest bit inconvenient. Heck, I don't even carry a knife at least a couple days a year! We'll see, but I'm not too concerned about that. I still want it to be cool.

These guys look like a pretty cool option for a damascus ring.
https://www.thebarefootforge.com/shop/v ... gory=RINGS
It's tough googling for this kind of thing, though I doubt it's a very large industry.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."