Sprint re-run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Robbob

Sprint re-run

Post by Robbob »

With all the new Seki models/variations over the past few years, I think it's time for a Sprint re-run. For instance, the Superblue run did not include any Wharncliffe model, the SSS, or the Endela. Besides the Delica Wharncliffe, the same models missed out on HAP40. And, don't forget V-Toku2. A re-run of these Sprints would give people the opportunity to try steels they may have missed out on in the past.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Sprint re-run

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I could get on board with this idea, especially for the Endela. I'd love it in Vtoku2! Fun steel to mess around with, and I really like the odd grey/blue color scales too. Makes my Dragonfly a keeper.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Don't forget the Police LW as well.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

It's not really a re-run if the knives were never made in the first place. I do like the idea of a Super Blue Wharncliffe Delica or Endela though
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

I'd be into Super Blue, V-Toku 2, and Hap40 in particular.

A drop point Stretch 2 in SB and Hap40 would be awesome and-- since those steels were only used on the Stretch 1, works within Spyderco's definition of a sprint run.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I am not into the laminated steels (as in I don't own any and won't buy any) so this is a hard no for me. I like what they are doing with the K390 and if anything would like to see them expand the Cruwear offerings in Seki. I know Sal has said that they are going to do a Straight Spine Stretch XL in Cruwear, so hopefully they ship a literal boatload over there and just run the whole Seki series in it with a cool new color and maybe do some Cru-carta as well!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 am
I am not into the laminated steels (as in I don't own any and won't buy any) so this is a hard no for me. I like what they are doing with the K390 and if anything would like to see them expand the Cruwear offerings in Seki. I know Sal has said that they are going to do a Straight Spine Stretch XL in Cruwear, so hopefully they ship a literal boatload over there and just run the whole Seki series in it with a cool new color and maybe do some Cru-carta as well!
Why do you dislike laminated steel? For years the only laminated blade I had was a stacked leather Mora that I basically only ever used for camping, so I never thought much about it. But I recently got a Caly 3.5 with the 420j clad ZDP. It's really grown on me. The scratching is hideous at first, but now it's kinda endearing. Considering the edge is still exposed the corrosion protection is somewhat negated, but seeing the "seam" between the steels is also pretty cool. Overall it's somewhat of a novelty for me, but I am enjoying at least the aesthetic aspects of laminated steel.
spydie-fan

Post by spydie-fan »

It would be nice to see Super Gold 2 as well.
Zive

Post by Zive »

Agree with OP. So much so that I started this thread a few months back:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89273&p=1509857&hil ... l#p1509857
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:47 am
It's not really a re-run if the knives were never made in the first place.
It's a reincarnation of the Sprint(s). Maybe that's a better term.