PM3 LW Black Compression Tab

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bazillions

PM3 LW Black Compression Tab

Post by Bazillions »

Hello,

I know the black G10 Para 3 has been coming out with the black compression lock tab. I've seen pictures of the Blacked out LW with the blacked lock tab too. Is there any way to know if your Para 3 LW comes with the black tab?

A code? A manufacturer's date?
kennethsime

Re: PM3 LW Black Compression Tab

Post by kennethsime »

Bazillions wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:22 am
Hello,

I know the black G10 Para 3 has been coming out with the black compression lock tab. I've seen pictures of the Blacked out LW with the blacked lock tab too. Is there any way to know if your Para 3 LW comes with the black tab?

You could always ask your dealer of choice what they have in stock before ordering.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:04 am
Bazillions wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:22 am
Hello,

You could always ask your dealer of choice what they have in stock before ordering.

This is your best option. Any dealer worth their salt should be able to easily accommodate such a request.
Bazillions

Post by Bazillions »

Thank you! This didn't even occur to me :grin-sweat
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Bazillions wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:21 pm
Thank you! This didn't even occur to me :grin-sweat
If you don't already have a dealer of choice, might I recommend DLT Trading?

Lightning-fast shipping, great customer service, and a generous rewards program.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I'll second DLT, been using them a lot lately. I also am partial to National Knives as well; they don't have an awards program but they do typically have a better price for many items if you've created an account.
Bazillions

Post by Bazillions »

I usually use BHQ. I emailed them Friday and according to them: "Yes, according to the information I have for that item, the compression lock tab is also blacked out as well for this item."

So that's their response to the question. I'll email DLT tomorrow. Shipping from BHQ is a bit slow.

Thank you both!
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Bazillions wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:36 pm
I usually use BHQ. I emailed them Friday and according to them: "Yes, according to the information I have for that item, the compression lock tab is also blacked out as well for this item."
Sounds like they just read a spec sheet and didn't actually check.
Bazillions

Post by Bazillions »

I think they're still remote and away from the warehouse. I'll follow up with them. I also emailed DLT.