My wife's knifes.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Re: My wife's knifes.

Post by Woodpuppy »

^^ WOW! That’s spectacular!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

fixall wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:13 am
New one for the wife. A modded Spyderco McBee. :D

This one has a Damacore Hugin reblade, "Easter Bunny Flomascus" anodized scales, purple anodized screws, purple anodized standoffs, and an aqua anodized McNee "Honeycomb" clip. :)

That's pretty cool, for someone with such poor grammar!

:winking-tongue
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Nate

Post by Nate »

fixall wrote:

This one has a Damacore Hugin reblade, "Easter Bunny Flomascus" anodized scales, purple anodized screws, purple anodized standoffs, and an aqua anodized McNee "Honeycomb" clip. :)

Ummm, serious question. Beautiful knife, but what part of it is “Spyderco” at this point? Do you have all the og parts re-assembled and back in the box as a backup?
:spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ah yes, the Spyderco Theseus 🤣
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

fixall wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/w3TRBo1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/egomRaY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/86nROo3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OLFDQnd.jpg

That came out absolutely amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!
-Nick :bug-red
sethwm

Post by sethwm »

My wife refuses anything but dragonflies. She’s got two, both s30v. One teal one pink. One in her art studio and one at the front door for opening packages.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

My wife carries an H1 SE Spyderhawk for work (plant science) and an H1 SE Hawkbill Dragonfly in her bag for EDC. I keep offering to buy her more but she says they cover her needs for now..
fixall

Post by fixall »

Nate wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:33 am
fixall wrote:

Ummm, serious question. Beautiful knife, but what part of it is “Spyderco” at this point? Do you have all the og parts re-assembled and back in the box as a backup?
The scales are stock, just anodized. Other than that, just the pivot and washers. Although, there's not much to the knife, so that just left me with replacing the screws, standoffs, blade, and pocket clip. I think the standoffs might actually be stock McBee standoffs, just anodized. I didn't check if the stock standoffs were magnetic, but they look to be the same as the new ones I threw in there. The clip came from Jonathan McNee, who is the designer of the McBee. I personally think the knife should have come with the McNee clip stock. The standard Spyderco clip just looks out of place to me. The blade and handle ergonomics (rather than handle material) are what I consider to be the "soul" of a knife... So I'd call this like half Spyderco, lol. I really wish Spyderco would start working with Damasteel and Damacore (I can't wait for the Damasteel Urban and hopefully UKPK), but I understand why they don't. I paid about $50 per inch for the Damacore after shipping from Sweden.

I have a box full of labeled baggies with screws, standoffs, scales, pocket clips, washers, etc... I usually find a use for them eventually. Whether that be "frankensteining" a whole new knife (like I'm about to do with the leftovers from the HAP40 Delica Wharncliffe reblade), or just repairing other knives.

I'll probably sell the extra McBee blade (as well as a few others) at some point. Idk.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

My wife has a Swiss Army knife for the purse. Doesn’t want to change 🙁. We both use and she loves the Z-Cuts and Counter puppy.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Mine has used and abused this for 12 years. Doesn’t want anything else. Offer her something newer several times

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Holland

Post by Holland »

my girlfriend has an all black tenacious, vtoku2 dragonfly and a bow river
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
normal

Post by normal »

My wife does not share my love of Spyderco. She carries a Guardian Tactical OTF and a SAK daily and I just bought her a Uinta fixed blade for deer hunting. She also has a cheap CJRB folder in her hunting pack and that is her whole collection of knives.