Knifejoy Exclusive...Slysz Bowie??!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VS_Power

Re: Knifejoy Exclusive...Slysz Bowie??!!

Post by VS_Power »

(First post) FYI for those like me stressing about whether or not their order went through, a few notes.

KnifeJoy has started shipping - I received a tracking number half an hour ago.

Your order may have gone through even if you did not see the confirmation screen on payment - check your account's order history and your credit card statements. I actually had two successful orders - the first went through (Order #3716X) even though I never saw a confirmation screen. I'd later find out about it in my order history. The second seemingly went through (Order #373XX) because I saw the confirmation screen, but, it never showed up in my order history, so I assume it's lost.

I ended up calling KJ (surprisingly someone picked up) and they confirmed my #3716X order. Shortly afterwards I got a shipping notification. It's possible if I didn't call, the order would have gotten lost. So I'd recommend calling to be safe.

BTW I never received any email confirmation on any of my "orders". The first and only email I received from KJ was the shipping notice.

Good luck and hope you all get yours!
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:02 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:55 am
Wow. $400? For fifty dollars more you could get a Large Sebenza! :confused:
I pondered all morning, knowing I didn't actually want this knife...but then I thought, I'm going to try and get one and compare it in quality to my Sebenza and Inkosi and see if I think it's worth $400. Sure enough I lucked out and was able to grab one. I do have to say, I'm interested to hold one in hand after all the raving reviews I've seen over the past few years. Something tells me it won't stack up to the CRK's, though I could be surprised. Will likely end up on the swap page within a few weeks!
Interested to know your thoughts here Rick! I had one in my cart and the site actually didn't seem to be lagging or anything for me as I started putting in my payment info.. Thinking on how much I've been enjoying my Sebenzas lately (and the Inkosi I have on the way :D ..) though, I hit the eject button on the purchase last minute.. I couldn't bring myself to go through with it haha. I just don't see the SB as being in line with CRK for the money (my opinion.. please don't jump down my throat SB fanatics..). Fortunately for me, they sold out about a minute later and the temptation was gone haha! I'm definitely interested to know how you think the knife stacks up!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
I pondered all morning, knowing I didn't actually want this knife...but then I thought, I'm going to try and get one and compare it in quality to my Sebenza and Inkosi and see if I think it's worth $400. Sure enough I lucked out and was able to grab one. I do have to say, I'm interested to hold one in hand after all the raving reviews I've seen over the past few years. Something tells me it won't stack up to the CRK's, though I could be surprised. Will likely end up on the swap page within a few weeks!
sounds like FOMO to me ;)

I’ll have my eye peeled on the swap ;)
-Nick :bug-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
#FOMO
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I spaced on the drop and saved $400. Oh wait, I can still get one on Ebay for $4000... hmm.
Foundry81

Post by Foundry81 »

abbazaba wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:00 pm
I spaced on the drop and saved $400. Oh wait, I can still get one on Ebay for $4000... hmm.
+$8.50 shipping
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Foundry81 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:08 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:00 pm
+$8.50 shipping
Hey, he's got to cover his costs somehow! :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TKCSA

Post by TKCSA »

For better or worse, this knife seems to certainly force to light those character traits most usually choose to hide.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:58 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
#FOMO
Hahah, no no...this is more like a science experiment, a dissection and comparison! Had I not had those other knives, I likely wouldn't have bothered. I just want to see how it stacks up against other premium titanium frame locks ;)
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
Haha! Yep FOMO for sure! :D

I'll be interested in knowing what you think. The only reason I was even remotely interested was to see if I felt any different about it now. I handled an original one when they were still available and wasn't really impressed. I do like small details like crowned spines and brightwashed blades but I have knives with those features that were much more reasonably priced. So I'm glad I didn't have to worry about trying to score one of these. I will be trying for the SNK one if the rumor is true. Need to keep my SNK exclusive collection going
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
CPM-Greg

Post by CPM-Greg »

Smart business sense to restrict sales? Fraud? Millions of online retailers have figured out the problems and have made money through international sales.
CPM-Greg
Thinking about which Taichung blade to get next.......
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:27 pm
I'll be interested in knowing what you think. The only reason I was even remotely interested was to see if I felt any different about it now. I handled an original one when they were still available and wasn't really impressed. I do like small details like crowned spines and brightwashed blades but I have knives with those features that were much more reasonably priced. So I'm glad I didn't have to worry about trying to score one of these. I will be trying for the SNK one if the rumor is true. Need to keep my SNK exclusive collection going
I'll likely do a write up with some comparison photos to provide as well. It's by no means a cheap purchase, so hopefully whatever I find can be helpful to others whether or not to go for it on future releases, or maybe finally pull the trigger on a CRK they have been eyeing? Who knows! I do know that I am excited to get one in hand though, because IF I do end up liking the overall design and features, and feel it's worth the price...if this SNK rumor is true, THAT would end up being the one I would go for as a keeper. I am happy to know though, that when this one most likely hits the swap page, it will be going to a friend from these parts!

*Kristi - please delete if that last sentence is breaking any rules. I would really appreciate no dings if it is, that's why I'm saying this ahead of time :) *

-Rick
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

Mushroom wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:19 am
I've never laughed so hard at an eBay listing but someone has this knife listed for $4000 or best offer!!! :D LOL!!!

I’m more shocked that it’s just $8.50 shipping.
drexcell

Post by drexcell »

I missed this one, but was glad to hear that there will be future releases. The $400 (or $4,000) price is kinda off-putting, but I hold out hope that future releases will be closer to the original, maybe even a stonewashed finish and an insert on the lockbar. Overall, just happy to see that the Bowie is back.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:22 pm
Interested to know your thoughts here Rick! I had one in my cart and the site actually didn't seem to be lagging or anything for me as I started putting in my payment info.. Thinking on how much I've been enjoying my Sebenzas lately (and the Inkosi I have on the way :D ..) though, I hit the eject button on the purchase last minute.. I couldn't bring myself to go through with it haha. I just don't see the SB as being in line with CRK for the money (my opinion.. please don't jump down my throat SB fanatics..). Fortunately for me, they sold out about a minute later and the temptation was gone haha! I'm definitely interested to know how you think the knife stacks up!
That CRK bug bit you hard brother! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Inkosi! The more I handle and use that knife, the more I like it, especially after the regrind to even up those bevels and get rid of the convex edge. When I first got it, I never would have thought it would become my favorite of the 2 CRK's I have...but it definitely is! Just works out great for my hand, and that Insingo blade shape for my line of work.

-Rick
drexcell

Post by drexcell »

Rinzler wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm
Mushroom wrote:
I've never laughed so hard at an eBay listing but someone has this knife listed for $4000 or best offer!!! :D LOL!!!

I’m more shocked that it’s just $8.50 shipping.
I was all in until I saw the $8.50 shipping. You have to draw the line somewhere.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

Mushroom wrote:

Something tell me that it's made to make fun of the whole situation. Sarcastic or not, what a mess overall.
nerdlock

Post by nerdlock »

CPM-Greg wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:36 pm
Smart business sense to restrict sales? Fraud? Millions of online retailers have figured out the problems and have made money through international sales.
CPM-Greg

Preach.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
The Meat man wrote:
I will be interested to hear your thoughts. If it's even half as good as the hype suggests, it must be one of Spyderco's finest. Lol.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Stainless

Post by Stainless »

They sold out instantly of course. I just feel like for that amount of money I'd just buy a Spydiechef and save myself 165 bones.
Team Para 3 M390/20cv/204p | We need a #VanaxPara3