Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nerdlock

Re: Z-Wear Shaman lookout thread

Post by nerdlock »

Missed it.
8Cr13MoV:N690Co:VG10:S30V:S35VN:S45VN:Elmax:SPY27:H1:LC200N:4V:MagnaCut:CTS-XHP:204P:M390:20CV:Cru-Wear:Z-Wear:M4:Rex-45:10V:K390:15V:S90V:Z-Max:Maxamet
iridiumplain

Post by iridiumplain »

These appear to be in stock but at full MSRP: https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... z-wear-pm/. As I understand it that is normal for that site. Going to pass at that price, but figured I'd share it for anyone interested.
Wantashaman

Post by Wantashaman »

Henry_P wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:17 pm
Wantashaman wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:03 pm
Since I'm new to this forum I wanted to reach out to anybody who might know or have the answer to my question. Since it appears that many retailers are either sold out or going to be sold out within minutes of announcing limited stock is there anyway to subscribe to this thread to get an email notification? It's very thoughtful of forum members to relay information regarding availability. If I don't know about it more than a nanosecond after it's announced, the knife appears to be sold out. Any help would be appreciated.
The little wrench at the top allows you to subscribe to the thread. However I don’t think that would be a reliable way unless you constantly check your email every 5 minutes.
Thanks for the info Henry_P!
eonbluemantra

Post by eonbluemantra »

iridiumplain wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:24 pm
These appear to be in stock but at full MSRP: https://www.countryknives.com/shop-by-d ... z-wear-pm/. As I understand it that is normal for that site. Going to pass at that price, but figured I'd share it for anyone interested.
They've always said in stock, when emailed it is just a preorder and no guarantee you will get one. just fyi
visionloss

Post by visionloss »

I guess I was expecting something more like how bladehq does date and time announcements. Does anyone know if some sites will be doing that style of count down?
iridiumplain

Post by iridiumplain »

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the error.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Don't chew my head off, but I'm relatively new to this game. I know this sounds naive, but is there more than one "Sprint Run? If not, why do they keep the knife on the SFO product list?
Hydrolic

Post by Hydrolic »

I have the Cru-Carta and wanting to buy the Z-wear? Are these the same steel?
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Team Sick wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Don't chew my head off, but I'm relatively new to this game. I know this sounds naive, but is there more than one "Sprint Run? If not, why do they keep the knife on the SFO product list?
From Spyderco....Sprint Run: A limited, one-time-only production of a specific knife design or variant. Production quantities of sprint runs are limited to less than 1500 pieces

So yes, there's been many sprint runs of popular models over the years. Some models have had several different ones.

As to why they list the sprint runs on the website? My guess is for reference but Sal, Kristi, or Mike would have to confirm that
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Hydrolic wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:49 pm
Basically yes

Last edited by Sharp Guy on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Sharp Guy: Thanks for the info. I won't get frustrated constantly checking the site. I'll just wait for the regular production PM2 CruCarta.
Hydrolic

Post by Hydrolic »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm
Hydrolic wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:49 pm
Basically yes
Thank you.
Wantashaman

Post by Wantashaman »

Screenshot_20210204-193642.png
This is very frustrating! If Spyderco would consider making this a production run you wouldn't be seeing the scalpers on eBay. On the other hand the knife does look very nice since I haven't seen it in person. I may not with the demand...
Wantashaman

Post by Wantashaman »

If you want to score one now, eBay has them on sale for $400!
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Wantashaman wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:40 pm

This is very frustrating! If Spyderco would consider making this a production run you wouldn't be seeing the scalpers on eBay. On the other hand the knife does look very nice since I haven't seen it in person. I may not with the demand...
It is very frustrating especially when flippers are doing a 100% price increase on an item they just bought.
I do think a fair mark up is alright at between 20% to 30% especially if it is a limited drop. What I've noticed with my time
in the knife game is that social media plays a BIG part in sales. People follow distributors, watch knife reviewers, post pictures in groups, chatting forums and it cultivates the perfect consumer environment because it continuously drives "desire".

As we all know the pursuit of happiness is subjective, and often enough it never ends which is why expressing gratitude in life is important. The Z-Wear Shaman is no different, there are plenty of great options out there for the price point... but they're not THE ONE if that makes sense.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

It's a bit premature to call this knife scarce since only a handful seemingly have reached the market yet.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Wantashaman wrote:

:mad:

The really insane thing is: there will be buyers for this. :mad:

I do have FOMO here with this Shaman sprint, but never ever will I jump the gun on such scalper's offers.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

archangel wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 am
Wantashaman wrote:

:mad:

The really insane thing is: there will be buyers for this. :mad:

I do have FOMO here with this Shaman sprint, but never ever will I jump the gun on such scalper's offers.
Exactly! Especially this early in the drop when there are still many more to be released.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The ones on eBay are from the collector's club...more are coming. If someone feels like paying a premium for one of those that's up to them.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Wantashaman wrote:

Don't blame Spyderco. They can't make everything regular production items. Maybe it's just me but I think we should be grateful they did a much larger run of basically the same knife (Cru-Carta Shaman). A lot of people will now have the opportunity to buy a sprint run knife that was in very high demand. Keep your eyes peeled and work at it a bit and it shouldn't be too difficult to get.