What knives in your collection keep wow-ing you?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
benben

Re: What knives in your collection keep wow-ing you?

Post by benben »

My new to me Green 204P PM2, very impressed!
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

All of them :)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The one Spyderco model I will never ever get tired of. It is a model that I would be EDCing everyday if I had the new Sprint Run already. I'm speaking of the C-60 Ayoob model. I got my first one way back in 2002 when they were first released with an almite handle.

I also got 3 of them during the 2011 G-10 handled Sprint Run. Thank the good Lord above the Spyderco company liked our thread so much on the C-60 Ayoob that they decided to do another run of the C-60. I'm going to buy two of the Spyderedged version and two of the plain edged version. Not yet completely sure which blade steel they are going to use but the latest word is that they might use SPY-27.

But this thread is great and the C-60 might just be the very best Spyder of all time for me to list in this most interesting thread. And I've really enjoyed this this thread immensely. LONG LIVE THE C-60 Massad Ayoob model :cool:
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I have to agree with Salty Dog, I am continuously "wow'd" by almost all of my knives. There are just a few that don't make me go crazy anymore, but they are still fine knives.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

The so-called "Rosewood" Rex-45 Shaman. I bought it because I wanted a Rex-45 Shaman and figured I would never manage to pick up a Rex-45 Sprint (but I did). Be that as it may, there is just something about the pakkawood Shaman. I like the way it looks and feels and carry it a lot. Oddly enough I had some real doubts about it and almost didn't buy it. And there was a fair bit of grumbling about it from various parties for all kinds of reasons.

The Shaman in general wows me, but that knife in particular.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

The Amalgam still wows me. It fits like it was custom made for me. I just wish it had a different lock, but even so it is one of the more comfortable comp locks for me.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Haunted House

Post by Haunted House »

Most recently, the PM 2 Tanto.

And every time I use my Delica, I think to myself that it’s perfection in design.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

First one/s to pop up in my mind is the old Moki made Jess horn. They are assembled like Swiss watches. The original 16 Kopas are right up there too. And the C22 Klotzli Walker.. And The Terzuolas, Wayne Goddards.. The list goes on really :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Caly 3.5 SB
LW chap
And recently the Sage 5 LW - it combines so many Spyderco essentials - great ergos, FRN, comp lock, leaf shape blade, maybe not the sexiest but sure is a fantastic daily user
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Jmotley wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:21 pm
Caly 3.5 SB
LW chap
And recently the Sage 5 LW - it combines so many Spyderco essentials - great ergos, FRN, comp lock, leaf shape blade, maybe not the sexiest but sure is a fantastic daily user

I guess we have quite the same taste, though I actually own only one of the three knives you listed (Chap) ;)

I really want a Caly 3.5, its an amazing and very space efficient design
And I also want a Sage 5 LW, despite I am not really a comp.lock guy - for me it totally is the "better Para 3", and I hope it catches up a bit to the latter concerning sprints and variants.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 am
First one/s to pop up in my mind is the old Moki made Jess horn. They are assembled like Swiss watches. The original 16 Kopas are right up there too. And the C22 Klotzli Walker.. And The Terzuolas, Wayne Goddards.. The list goes on really :)
That's most interesting that you mention the Swiss knife company "Klotzli". Because "Klotzli" is one of the very few knife companies that I have almost equal respect as I do have with Spyderco. So many of their Carbon Fiber handled gems are way ahead of the industry in many ways. There is one item of interest that confuses me about Klotzli that bothers me is that they are still to this day using blade steels like ATS-34 and 440-C>> those are blade steels that Spyderco got past almost 20 years ago.

But the two models of theirs that I've got to check out first hand at a local Gun Show were very well built and were almost the quality of a really good "Custom" made folder. I find it strange that so few here in the USA have noticed their great quality. It's actually hard to find a dealer that has a nice selection Klotzli knives here in the USA.

I wish Spyderco would do more Sprint Run collaborations with Klotzli because that one they did with that "Michael Walker" model was awesome :cool: .
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The kris. Some knives might have "better" steels and more utilitarian designs but this knife works well and looks good doing it. I always find myself going back to it.

sonofadoublegfun

Post by sonofadoublegfun »

My Yojumbo for sure.

Every time I pull it out of my knife box to carry it, I giggle the first time I open it.

So cool.

Best,
Jamie
undermined

Post by undermined »

My Spyderco Delica 4 - OD Green FRN - Black Cru-Wear and my Spyderco Native 5 - Cobalt Blue FRN - SPY27.

I never figured I'd love my back lock blades more than my compression lock ones, but these 2 take and hold such a keen edge, I find excuses to use them over others.

The delica just fits my hand perfect for a small edc and I love how spy27 strops so far. others are safe queens but these 2 get a steady diet of cardboard and retail warehouse use.

I want to use my k390 delica more but it is almost too good for the light duty I normally toss at it.

Fun "problem" to have.
Eee

Post by Eee »

Gayle Bradley 1. It feels just so. I am almost surprised each time I use it, how right it feels.

Urban. It’s got everything I need and nothing I don’t.

The Spyderhawk. Just when I thought I hadn’t got much more to experience in knives, that happens. A genuinely different experience to anything else I own. It cured me of being jaded and reminded me you never stop learning.
Xformer

Post by Xformer »

The Slysz Bowie I don't have. :( :(
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Slysz Bowie, C27 Jess Horn, C22 Walker Klotzli, WTC D’Allara
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Gayle Bradley 1 lately. Usually a bit to heavy, but winter time it seems fine.
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

Spyderco Stealth Chaparral. I always come back to it. I'll carry other knives, and then put this one back in my pocket. The first time I use it again after not carrying it for awhile, I remember why it's my favorite. Not too small, not too big, and with the thinner blade and great profile, it cuts better than most of my collection. Whether it's zipping through the mail, opening a package, or helping out with a home wiring project, if I ever had to have only one pocketknife, this would be it. As a bonus, it is classy enough for any situation.

Grizz
MotoBro

Post by MotoBro »

Would it be too soon to say I’m very “wowed” by a knife I just got yesterday? Because I got a Yojimbo 2 in 20CV/Carbon Fiber in the mail yesterday and I was really surprised how much I like it. I usually stick with PM2s and Para 3s but I finally pulled the trigger on a Yojimbo 2 and wasn’t sure if I’d like it. It’s my first Wharncliffe blade, but I love it. I always thought it was a strange looking knife even for a Spyderco, but once I saw it in person I fell in love with it.

After doing some research on Michael Janich and wharncliffe blades I have come to appreciate it even more. I’ll probably pick up a second one to be a daily user since this one is an exclusive. But I’ve already stuck an MXG clip on it, so maybe I’ll just carry it anyway.