What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: What Spyderco is in your pocket today??

Post by Sumdumguy »

przemekspce wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 am
Let the games flow through you!

For me, it's a Kiwi and Cyber Sleuth!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
AH80s

Post by AH80s »

148A12F2-BA36-40FC-A5FF-E9A77DA6EA09.jpeg
Andrew
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

0C72A52D-5C3D-4558-8D8A-868D747FDB8E.jpeg
vivi

Post by vivi »

przemekspce wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:37 am
Yes. Great game!
Heard great things about it. Planning to pick it up when it goes on sale during the holidays, I'm really into roguelikes. Got a few other games to wrap up first, like this one:

I'll be surprised if someone guesses it!

I'm going to make a Switch thread in off-topic since I've seen a couple of us now :)
:unicorn
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20201103_123241.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
FullFlatMind

Post by FullFlatMind »

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Crawling around in some caves today... Pac Salt is a perfect knife to carry on such occasions...:)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Spidey-Dawg

Post by Spidey-Dawg »

Spyderco PM2
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:13 pm
Crawling around in some caves today... Pac Salt is a perfect knife to carry on such occasions...:)

Dang, you have caves too? How extensive are they?

You're gonna love the LC200N Pacific 2 since you like the Endura 4 so much. Its become my answer to the question - "if you could only have one folding spyderco, which would it be?"

I went on a lake side hike today with mine. Used the factory edge to slice up some apples for the kids, hacked down some small vines that grew over a neglected hiking trail, carved a rough spoon and cut up some cardboard. It cuts really well right out of the box. Very sharp with excellent geometry.
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
CDKJudoka

Post by CDKJudoka »

Bento Box Blue DLC M390 PM2 and Digi DLC PM2.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:12 pm
Wartstein wrote:
If we have CAVES?! Man, Vivi, don´t get me started on that one.. Or ask ANY European caver and they´ll look at you in disbelief when hearing that question ;)

Salzburg (the state, not the city in this case) is really famous among cavers for its unbelievably many and also HUGE caves.
- We have the largest (known) ice cave in the world here (Eisriesenwelt, 42 km / 27 miles of length)
- We have a (non ice) cave that is over 60 km / 37 miles long and quite many that are over 10 km / 6.2 miles
- We long had the deepest (known) cave in the world (Lamprechtshoehle, 1,7 km / about 1 mile of of vertical distance) - but then they found even deeper ones in Georgia (Julia, do you read this? :) )
- Even pretty much all KNOWN caves are not fully discovered yet, they are still doing expeditions there and go deeper and deeper in
- It is estimated that just around 10 to 20 % of all caves are even FOUND yet, I know several cavers who spend all of their holidays beneath the earth in our mountains and find miles and miles of "underworld" no one has ever set foot on before
- There are many caves where it takes 5 or more DAYS to even reach the point where the already discovered areas END (and "new world" begings) (they have fixed bivouacs for overnighters in there) - I know a guy who went searching into a cave in mid December 2019 and came back into the light of day when it was 2020 already... :p (true story, the guy is called Georg Zagler, perhaps there can be found something about him in the internet-he does a lot of caving)
- An average guy like me (I am not really a caver) can discover new caves that are just a 15 minutes drive (and than some uphill hiking of course) away from my home
- I personally do like most REdiscovering smaller (so about up to 500 meters length), but beautiful caves (with ice lakes or ice figures in them) - I have some old books where those are listed, but often times they were discovered between 1900 and 1940, and sometimes no one knows anymore where they are exactly - so the search for the entrance itself is fun and exciting already. At the moment I am searching for the "Eishoehle der Saligen" (see pic below)

Here are some links for you:

- List of the longest and deepest caves in Salzburg (in German language): https://www.sn.at/wiki/H%C3%B6hlen#L.C3 ... _Salzburgs
- Here you can read about the "Riesendinghoehle" (in English): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesending_cave
It is technically in Germany / Bavaria already, but extends into Salzburg too and I can get there in about a three hour hike. It became famous in Europe cause there was a huge rescue (it took more than ten days) for a caver who was hit by rockfall (I actually know this guy) see here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesending_cave_rescue
- And here (in English): The largest ice cave in the world, a small part is open for the public and guided tours:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisriesenwelt
On this page there is a short movie about the show part (just one of the fourty kilometers) of the Eisriesenwelt:
https://www.eisriesenwelt.at/en.html

Last edited by Wartstein on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20201104_125407_375.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:54 am
IMG_20201104_125407_375.jpg

Nice pic! :)
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20201103_123424.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:13 am
vivi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
If we have CAVES?! Man, Vivi, don´t get me started on that one.. Or ask ANY European caver and they´ll look at you in disbelief when hearing that question ;)

Salzburg (the state, not the city in this case) is really famous among cavers for its unbelievably many and also HUGE caves.
- We have the largest (known) ice cave in the world here (Eisriesenwelt, 42 km / 27 miles of length)
- We have a (non ice) cave that is over 60 km / 37 miles long and quite many that are over 10 km / 6.2 miles
- We long had the deepest (known) cave in the world (Lamprechtshoehle, 1,7 km / about 1 mile of of vertical distance) - but then they found even deeper ones in Georgia (Julia, do you read this? :) )
- Even pretty much all KNOWN caves are not fully discovered yet, they are still doing expeditions there and go deeper and deeper in
- It is estimated that just around 10 to 20 % of all caves are even FOUND yet, I know several cavers who spend all of their holidays beneath the earth in our mountains and find miles and miles of "underworld" no one has ever set foot on before
- There are many caves where it takes 5 or more DAYS to even reach the point where the already discovered areas END (and "new world" begings) (they have fixed bivouacs for overnighters in there) - I know a guy who went searching into a cave in mid December 2019 and came back into the light of day when it was 2020 already... :p (true story, the guy is called Georg Zagler, perhaps there can be found something about him in the internet-he does a lot of caving)
- An average guy like me (I am not really a caver) can discover new caves that are just a 15 minutes drive (and than some uphill hiking of course) away from my home
- I personally do like most REdiscovering smaller (so about up to 500 meters length), but beautiful caves (with ice lakes or ice figures in them) - I have some old books where those are listed, but often times they were discovered between 1900 and 1940, and sometimes no one knows anymore where they are exactly - so the search for the entrance itself is fun and exciting already. At the moment I am searching for the "Eishoehle der Saligen" (see pic below)

Here are some links for you:

- List of the longest and deepest caves in Salzburg (in German language): https://www.sn.at/wiki/H%C3%B6hlen#L.C3 ... _Salzburgs
- Here you can read about the "Riesendinghoehle" (in English): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesending_cave
It is technically in Germany / Bavaria already, but extends into Salzburg too and I can get there in about a three hour hike. It became famous in Europe cause there was a huge rescue (it took more than ten days) for a caver who was hit by rockfall (I actually know this guy) see here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riesending_cave_rescue
- And here (in English): The largest ice cave in the world, a small part is open for the public and guided tours:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eisriesenwelt
On this page there is a short movie about the show part (just one of the fourty kilometers) of the Eisriesenwelt:
https://www.eisriesenwelt.at/en.html

Thanks for the links! I get more jealous of where you live the more I learn about it :p
anycal

Post by anycal »

Peter
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

vivi wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:33 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:13 am
vivi wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Thanks for the links! I get more jealous of where you live the more I learn about it :p

Vivi, when I say there can´t be a better place to live for a guy with my lifestyle, I have a ton of reasons for it - and I am pretty sure you´d love it here too! :)

Just lots of everything I love: Mountaineering,trail running, caving, climbing, mountainbiking, backcountry-/powder sking, lakes, white water, glaciers, rocks,but also pretty large woodlands if I feel a bit more "bushcrafty" - and all embedded in old culture, going back to the bronce ages, celts, romans, middle ages and so on, and from all of these times one can find secret places, artefacts and so on - and a new adventure each and every day! :)
And, though there are large stretches of wilderness in the mountains (though of course not like in the Alaska range I visited once or other similar remote places in the US), you can still find nice, old huts up there to stay or just have a beer or two and great, simple meals... :)
Perhaps you´ll make it here one day and I can show you around.

/ Though today no mountains for me, but a day in town... and I somehow just had to carry my REX 45 Manix again, seen here with the fortress of Salzburg in the background...