Coming back to the plain Delica 4 after experiencing the entire lineup

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Coming back to the plain Delica 4 after experiencing the entire lineup

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:06 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:04 am
Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:05 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Image Image
Thanks for the pics. On my Wrangler jeans I can get a Manix 2 LW into the watch pocket, but of course the wide blade shows. I think the Endela is a bit longer looking at it compared to the PM2.
Doc, the Endela is of the exact same closed length as the Manix 2 LW as far as I know! But not as wide!
So Iĺl send you comparison pics of THOSE two models, ok?
Ok. I like the Delica. It is my favorite, but I like the Endura, too. I keep wondering if I would like the Endela as much as the other two. I keep putting one in my cart and taking it out. If I could only hold one for a minute I would know.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:11 am

Ok. I like the Delica. It is my favorite, but I like the Endura, too. I keep wondering if I would like the Endela as much as the other two. I keep putting one in my cart and taking it out. If I could only hold one for a minute I would know.

Same here. The Endela and Police LW have been in and out of my cart at St. Nicks for months. A new exclusive or release always seems to come up and take my money before I can buy them. For example, we have the DLT Cruwear Delica tomorrow, and the out of the blue KW Delica last week. Now we have the K390 version of these two knives coming out so it makes it even more interesting. Do I wait for K390, or buy the VG-10 now? Decisions, decisions. :confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Doc, the Endela is of the exact same closed length as the Manix 2 LW as far as I know! But not as wide!

Ok, Doc, here you go: Delica - Endela - Manix 2 LW. As said, closed-length-wise the Endela is exactly as the Manix 2 LW (but not as wide)

Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

It looks like the "horns" on the Endela handle are a bit toned down compared to the Endura and Delica models.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

I don't have pics handy but I compared my PM2, Stretch 2, Endela, and Manix LW; they are virtually identical in both blade length and handle length. And not to muddy things too much I'm wondering how the RockJumper will compare. Not the right thread for that speculation I know.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Bemo wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:28 am
I don't have pics handy but I compared my PM2, Stretch 2, Endela, and Manix LW; they are virtually identical in both blade length and handle length. And not to muddy things too much I'm wondering how the RockJumper will compare. Not the right thread for that speculation I know.

The Rock Jumper will be noticeable shorter cause it has no choil and practically no Ricasso, thus a shorter blade and so the handle can be shorter too.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

StuntZombie wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:38 am
It looks like the "horns" on the Endela handle are a bit toned down compared to the Endura and Delica models.

Good eye, your right! The finger grooves are bit mellowed out, thus the "points" less "pointy" and the Endela handle a tad more handfilling..

Actually this was the first thing I noticed too when the first pics of the Endela were released.. ;) See this thread and Sals reply/explanation
viewtopic.php?t=83743
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Me too.I tried so many Spydercos and i always come back to this:
Attachments
118650113_382397236259889_5617986276866818883_n.jpg
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

Doc Dan wrote:
Yes you will. Just do it. Thank me later.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

prndltech wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:07 pm
Doc Dan wrote:
Yes you will. Just do it. Thank me later.

He will. If he goes for the SE version... ;)
carrot

Post by carrot »

I inspired myself, and today it came.

I'm happy to say my first disassembly / reassembly of a lockback went quite well. I've always heard the horror stories but it was easier than expected.

Maybe I'll talk myself into a nice K390 blade for this little guy next.

James Y

Post by James Y »

Doc Dan wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:
Wartstein wrote:

Image Image
Thanks for the pics. On my Wrangler jeans I can get a Manix 2 LW into the watch pocket, but of course the wide blade shows. I think the Endela is a bit longer looking at it compared to the PM2.
I recently got my Endela. It’s great! IMO, it’s more like a scaled-down Endura than a scaled-up Delica.

Jim
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Wartstein wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:18 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Wartstein wrote:
Doc Dan wrote:

Ok, Doc, here you go: Delica - Endela - Manix 2 LW. As said, closed-length-wise the Endela is exactly as the Manix 2 LW (but not as wide)

Thanks for the pictures. Now I am wondering if I’d like the Endela better than the Manix. Aiyoh! 😱

It will never kick the Delica out of my pocket, though.

The grey one is my most carried and the GITD stays on the bedside table.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

My first Delica is en route. K390! :cool: :spyder:
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I like the book in the background of your pic Doc. It's appropriate!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032