NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SF Native

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by SF Native »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:07 pm
Hahah I knew you’d have something to say about this. It sounds like nothing to me, but of course the witch hunt on the Pats is never ending.
And it might end up just being nothing when it's all said and done. But I did find it quite interesting that the local KC sports media went after the alleged scandal like Piranha fish.

On the other side of the coin I'm almost certain that being Robert Kraft and Roger Goodell being such buddies they will try to play it down as much as possible.

What did seem extremely strange to me right away was of all teams they were accused of filming> the BENGALS??? :D I would guess that would be about the last team anyone would need to spy on. But it's going to be an interesting side show for sure.
So, the patriots are filming the bengals in their game against the Browns. Who are the patriots playing this week? The bengals! Anyone not think that this happens every week?

I know it seems weird to target the bengals, but
I thought the same thing when the cardinals hacked the Huston astros. The astros were tanking at the time and seemed weird at the time but makes sense now as they had so much talent in the pipeline.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I see what you're saying SF. Because there sure doesn't seem to be any consistent justice in how the NFL treats many of their rule breakers. Being a Chief's fan I'm sure you all still have that Tyreek Hill debacle fresh in your minds. Truthfully I thought that was the end of him when all of that recorded trash talk to his fiance came out.

But like Brady, Belly-Check and all these other household names the NFL sure gives a lot different treatment to the guys who sell the most tickets. With Tyreek Hill being such a huge draw throughout the league and not to mention the god-like popularity he has here in KC. But when they virtually let him off with barely a slap on the wrist it sort of surprised me because I thought for sure he was going to at least get 4 to 6 game suspension.

But isn't interesting how they tend to give a lot of slack to the guys that generate the most revenue. Had that been one of our special teams guys that no one is familiar with or a linebacker that people barely know>> I'm almost 100% certain there would have been a much different outcome.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well we have a rather mundane game this Thursday Night>> it will be the Ravens against the Jets. This should by all means be a "slam dunk" for the Ravens unless some one in a million aberation were to develop.
I've got my week #15 picks and that game isn't on there. I like upset type picks but that one is completely ridiculous. Also I've got such negative feelings toward the Jets "me only" running back i.e. LeVeon Bell ( not even one 100 yard game this year :rolleyes: )
Here are my week #15 picks
(1) The Titans over the Texans ( Tannehill is for real and the Texans are in for a rough day at the office IMO)
(2) The Dofins over the Giants ( The Giants have been a horrible disappointment this season, new coach needed there too)
(3) The Packers over the Bears ( I think Aaron Rogers knows that it's do or die)
(4) The Vikings over The Chargers ( The Chargers are self destructing>> this game will be no exception)
(5) The Rams over the Cowboys ( yeah the Cowboys have really gotten that bad, GARRETT must go IMMEDITATELY if there is to be any hope)
(6) The Bills over the STeelers (I want the Bills to run the table as much as I want the Chiefs to do the same)
(7) The Saints over the Colts ( I think that Drew Brees wants to come back next year and he needs all the wins he can get)
(8) The Browns over the Cardinals ( The Browns have kind of woke up since the Myles Garrett fiasco)
(9) The Chiefs over the Broncos ( Even with Denver's recent improvement I think ARROWHEAD Stadium is going to be too much for them this week)
The Ravens and the Evil Empire both for all intent and purposes have the week off with the pathetic teams that both of them play this week.

The Chiefs need to run the table for any hope of a home game in the playoffs as well as any respectability

I think that both the Bills and Steelers are poised to upset the apple cart in the AFC if they play their cards right. There is so much that can change in these last 3 regular season games. Virtually no one in the running can afford any loses at all. I truly hope we can get some new blood in the Superbowl this year.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

For everyone who is feeling a little let down so far this season by their team... :o :(
https://www.youtube.com/embed/5rOiW_xY-kc
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Two Down and Two to go before the Chiefs run the table and get playoff position. I was far more worried about Denver today than I am the last two opponents the Chiefs have remaining ( Chicago & LA chargers).

There have been some surprises and the Bengals played a hard game against the Evil Empire ( Cheaters Incorporated :rolleyes: ).

If Dallas loses today and if I were Jerry Jones I would start canning and waiving a bunch of high dollar players like Jon Gruden did with the Raiders.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

2 teams I didn't see winning today... The Cowboys and Falcons!
Spydergirl88
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Yup. NOTHING is for sure in the N.F.L
The Falcons just proved that.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:32 pm
Yup. NOTHING is for sure in the N.F.L
The Falcons just proved that.
Well I did pick Buffalo to beat the Steelers and I got that one>> but it proved to be a more fierce defensive battle than I thought it would. If the Bills can beat the Evil Empire next week they could conceivably win the AFC East.

Great point you make MAC because this has been the toughest season I can ever remember to pick these games.

I don't think anyone can say anything for certain at this juncture of the season. **** even the Cowboys look like they were resurrected this evening. Unless that Jason Garrett can win the Superbowl I still don't want him back :mad:

The Chiefs really look like they have done major repair work on their defense. Because you could make the case that their defense has won the last 3 games. Mahomes looks like he's still on the mend. If he could get in the same offensive groove he was last year along with the vast improvement we are seeing in the Chiefs defense I think they could possibly beat any team in the playoffs if the coaching staff continues on course.

The Chiefs have beaten Baltimore the last two times we've played them so I don't think the Ravens are unbeatable like a lot of the media talking heads seem to think.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well I picked the Saints to win tonight's NFL Monday Night game. If they win I'll be 5-4 out of 9 for my Week #15 picks >> which I actually consider good as hard as it's been to predict these 2019 football games.

I just heard on the news wires that the Chiefs have claimed Tyrell Suggs off of waivers. Not sure how I feel about that one. I say we just need to continue to home grow our team as we've mostly been doing. But what the heck if he can sack a couple of QBs in the playoffs then maybe it's worth it. However he said the only team he would sign with would be the Ravens>> but we'll see.

Again the Chiefs desperately need to continue to run the table for the remaining regular season games to re-gain any respectability. The playoffs are going to be awesome this year.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Josh Gordon blows yet another opportunity. Unbelievable.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 pm
I don't want to come off as being self righteous because my dear Lord knows I screwed up a couple of times when I was younger. But fortunately neither one of my mistakes cost me much money or a legal problem either. But when I had a job making some respectable money in the 80s I wised up and quit all the juvenile crap.

You would think that these guys making suitcases full of money in high denominations would put their wild desires on hold until they have enough loot to retire comfortably on. But this Josh Gordon is about as much of a dork as Antonio Brown it seems. Because these are two guys that won the lottery in a sense and flushed the ticket down the toilet. I just don't get it at all.

Just like Colin Kaepernick too>> if these guys would just behave and rake in the millions then they could do whatever thrills them when they get their bank accounts fat. Most all of these Pro-athlete troublemakers are going to deeply regret their stupidity when it's all said and done. I actually wish them well>> GOD help them :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The Saints looked really impressive last night. I truly think at this point that the Saints might just be one team I wouldn't want the Chiefs to meet in the Superbowl. That is if either team makes it that far. This has been one of the toughest years to predict any team's outcome that I can remember.

These last two weeks are going to really reveal a lot. And so much can change in these last two weeks.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:43 am
The Saints looked really impressive last night. I truly think at this point that the Saints might just be one team I wouldn't want the Chiefs to meet in the Superbowl. That is if either team makes it that far. This has been one of the toughest years to predict any team's outcome that I can remember.

These last two weeks are going to really reveal a lot. And so much can change in these last two weeks.
I tell ya what JD, its gonna be extremely hard for anyone to get past Baltimore.
That being said, with the right game plan, I feel there are a couple teams in the AFC, that could possibly beat the Ravens. The Patriots and the Chiefs.
But, it has to be an excellent game plan, especially defensively.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:03 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:43 am

I tell ya what JD, its gonna be extremely hard for anyone to get past Baltimore.
That being said, with the right game plan, I feel there are a couple teams in the AFC, that could possibly beat the Ravens. The Patriots and the Chiefs.
But, it has to be an excellent game plan, especially defensively.
But listen to me>> The Chiefs have a game plan for the Ravens. They've beaten them in the last two meetings. And don't forget the Chief's defense is about 8 notches higher on a "One To Ten" scale than they were this time last year. Getting rid of that dead beat Bob Sutton and replacing him with Steve Spagnuolo has really paid a huge dividend. That restored my faith in Andy Reid considerably.

And on the depth charts we're looking really good on both sides of the ball>> actually better than last year. What I'm saying is that the RAVENS aren't as invincible as everyone thinks they are. Oh I realize anyone can be beat at any given time in the NFL but I'm optimistic that the Chiefs are getting into a serious groove at this part of the season on both sides of the ball. If we can win these last two games then the Chiefs will be hard to stop. Also I'm no longer believing that the Evil Empire is going to stop us either. Especially with that latest rule violation hanging over them. But the Chiefs do have to beat Chicago and the Chargers to gain respectability IMO. If they do that then they will be on a roll that will be tough to stop.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This may just be the Chiefs year then. It really may.
Btw, is the Super Bowl in Miami this year?
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:59 pm
So sad! :( I was really hoping he would succeed this year. Still, I wish nothing but the best for him and hope he can live a healthy life away from football.

JD Spydo wrote: The Saints looked really impressive last night. I truly think at this point that the Saints might just be one team I wouldn't want the Chiefs to meet in the Superbowl. That is if either team makes it that far. This has been one of the toughest years to predict any team's outcome that I can remember.

The Saints have been one of, if not, the best team in the NFC this whole season. Barring another last minute miracle against them in the NFC Championship game this year, I've had them picked to go to the Superbowl since the start of the season.

On the Ravens, you're right that they're not invincible. The Chiefs and Browns have already beat them this season. The Bills played them tough and showed they might have what it takes to beat them. And of course, the Patriots can beat them. Like Mac said, it will require the right game plan and perfect execution. And I wouldn't be so confident that the Chiefs will beat the Patriots again. Did you see the second half of their game this season? :confused:

Also, their latest rule violation is a big ol' nothing burger like I thought. It had nothing to do with football operations and if you've seen the video that was released, it shows nothing but people standing there talking with each other. The notion of stealing signals in football is so antiquated at this point, that it's almost laughable. It's a stupid mistake no doubt, but since its a rule that they broke, they'll have to pay a fine. The people calling for Belichick to be suspended are just out of their minds. (I'd go as far as to call them stupid) That would be a witch hunt if there ever was one.
- Nick :bug-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Pertaining to your comment on the Pats doing that rule breaking video>> it's going to come down to this>> Roger Goodell will have the final say on it.

And right now as crazy as things are and as unpredictable as the NFL's disciplinary actions have been in the past two years I wouldn't bet on it either way. Because I was totally shocked when they let Tyreek Hill off the hook as easy as they did. I would have bet a couple of C-notes that he was at least going to get a 4 to 6 game suspension. But there were other factors that we the public will never know about.

And I don't think it's going away all that easy because of the field day that the sports press is having with it. And the NFL will do what it takes to make themselves look good. Positive public image and maximum cash flow are their top 2 priorities. If the pressure is there then someone's head is going to roll. On the other hand if Goodell is as good of buddies as he appears to be with Robert Kraft then even the most egregious of violations will be swept under the rug or just given a slap on the wrist so to speak.

Lord Brady did a 4 game suspension once when he really deserved to be suspended for at least half if not the entire year. But with all that said it's not going away any time soon. Way too many factors for the most recent "Cheat-Gate" allegations to go away quickly.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK here we are at Week #16>> HOLY GRIDRION BATMAN!!! this season has just flashed by us!!! And here are my picks for week #16>> I was just a modest 5 out of 9 in my last week's picks. But I got a feeling I'm gonna up that one this week. I think it's getting more clear who the real players are.
Here's my picks for Week # 16
(1) The Saints over The Titans ( If the Titans pull this off it could be the upset of the year>> Not likely though)
(2) Steelers over the Jets ( Steelers earned my respect this year for sure)
(3) Falcons over the Jaguars ( I feel so bad for Nick Foles this year>> Eagles are going to end up deeply regretting letting Foles go)
(4) Raiders over the Chargers ( Unless Gruden is going to take a dive to get draft picks :rolleyes: )
(5) Cowboys over the Eagles ( It appears that the Cowboys are going to win their division by default :( sad and inexcusable season for the Boys)
(6) Chiefs over the Bears ( The Chiefs absolutely MUST run the table for any home field hopes in the playoffs)
(7) Bills over the Pats ( They will expose the Emperor :cool: The AFC East is still wide open>> GO BILLS!!!! :cool: )
(8) 49ers over the Rams ( or should I say the Lambs :rolleyes: they sure slipped from last year :( )
(9) The Packers over the Vikings ( Rogers is clicking on 7 cylinders and might be on 8 going into the playoffs)
No Thursday game this week but we've got one helluva Saturday line up. GO BILLS!!! GO CHIEFS!!! :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Just got through listening to Sports Radio WHB 810 here in KC MO. Terell Suggs as many of you know is now a Kansas City Chief :cool: He may just finish the season out with the Chiefs but I hope he even comes back for one more year next season.

The word is that the locker room is truly super positive about the arrival of Mr. Suggs to our improving defense. It may just be the Chess piece we've needed to give our defense that extra spike.

The attitude of Chiefs fans all over the city is really hyped big time. I don't remember anything of this proportion since we landed Joe Montana back in 93. Oh I fully realize that he's about to ride into the sunset with his sterling career>> but I do think he could be that spike that this team needs not only for the remainder of this season but again I hope he's here next year as well. I've heard he's getting along great with the players and coaching staff. This game with the Bears coming up will be most interesting indeed. Can't wait for Sunday. This is probably bad news for all the other AFC contenders for sure :cool:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Is he really going to play? I heard he wasn't going to play for anyone except the Ravens
Spydergirl88