NFL Season: 2019-2020

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Re: NFL Season: 2019-2020

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:19 am
Picks this week? Nope. It’s a weird week with a lot of teams around 0.500 playing each other.
Baltimore vs Houston looks like the best game to watch this week. Dolphins have a 2 game win streak, could they surprise buffalo? 49ers on a short week with a lot of injuries. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose this one. Arizona played them tough last time. Eagles are playing patriots and they have been so up and down. Step up eagles! Tampa has played better than their record suggests. Should be a good bucs vs saints game.
I put my week #11 picks on page 28 of this thread. But I'll go ahead and repeat them. I already lost one because I picked the Steelers To beat the Browns>> They should just give me that one because of Myles Garrett going borderline insane :rolleyes:
(1) The Steelers over The Browns ( already lost that one)
(2) Falcons over the Panthers ( I think Julio Jones and Matt Ryan are putting it together even though a bit too late)
(3) Raiders over The Bengals ( that would be thee upset of the entire year if the Bengals were to win this game IMO)
(4) Eagles over the patriots ( one of my extreme upset picks)
(5) Cowboys over the Lions ( even a broken clock is right twice a day :rolleyes: )
(6) Jaguars over the Colts ( I"m still a believer in Nick Foles)
(7)Chiefs over the Chargers ( If the Chiefs don't win this one they won't win the division>> yeah and I really mean it too :( )

I think I will agree with your Bucs over Saints pic. The Saints looked like something was way out of time on that last game they lost. I'm still not a believer in Carson Wentz but my gut tells me that they are going to beat the Evil Empire>> that will make my day :cool:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:36 pm
Here are my picks:
Browns
Bills
Vikings
Jets
Buccaneers (my upset of the week pick)
Ravens
49ers
Panthers
Raiders
Patriots
Jaguars
Cowboys
Chiefs
Bears
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Jason Garrett ( no relation to Myles :D ) is going to keep his job for one more week anyway. The Cowboys did pull off a victory against Detroit. But they darn near threw it away there toward the last of the game :rolleyes: The Cowboy's defense is even more inconsistent than that of the Chiefs if you can believe that :rolleyes:

But Jason Garrett is still skating on extremely thin ice and it won't take much of a soft spot to end it all for him I'm sure. He better run the table if he knows what is good for him. Because if he doesn't at least make it to the Superbowl this year I'm sure he'll be unemployed come February. He probably wouldn't have to win but he sure better at least get there because the Natives are getting horribly restless in the big D.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

How about the Vikings!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

bearrowland wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:32 pm
How about the Vikings!!
That NFC North is becoming a very competitive race toward the end. Green Bay got a bye week at a really good time in the season. Truly it is Green Bay's division to lose and if they do then only they have themselves to blame. But the Vikings will make the playoffs I'm 90% certain of it.

Also I can't believe how much the Lions have improved this season. Matt Patricia is putting together a great team. I believe next year this is going to be a really fierce division
Last edited by JD Spydo on Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!!! :eek: No Seriously I couldn't believe it!!! :eek: A Buddy is visiting me tonight and we were talking football. We were also talking about LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown and how much better off they would be if they stayed with the Steelers. My friend asked me how many 100+ yard games he's had this season. Well I really didn't know because I hadn't really paid much attention to him much less the Jets team. This guy who signed his Mega-Contract which almost put him in the Forbe's 400 list. He hasn't had one game this entire season over 100 yards :eek:

Had my buddy not challenged me on it I wouldn't even have known ( or cared for that matter) That should be a lesson to many of these teams thinking that free agents are the answer to their problems. He did score a TD today but his stats for this season are truly pathetic by his standards. I would trade this guy if I were them and try for a good draft pick. That is just pathetic :( For all the loot they gave that guy :(
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've been doing some thinking this evening. With Freddy Kitchens ( Brown's Head Coach) having his head on the chopping block and Jason Garrett (Cowboy's Head Coach) pretty certain to fall out of favor with America's team there are going to be some serious openings.

There is one guy who is currently unemployed that I think would fill either one of those jobs really well. The former Green Bay Packer's coach Mike McCarthy has been sidelined for a year now and I'm sure he's getting the itch to return to the game. I believe that Cleveland job or the Cowboy's HC job either one would be a virtual perfect fit for Mike McCarthy. He would be perfect for either team and would be a huge improvement over the guys currently in those jobs.

But let's face it I doubt if either current coach of the Browns or Cowboys either one will be employed come February. I think either team would be very smart to just go ahead and grab McCarthy now and not waste any time. Yeah McCarthy had some problems with the Packer's front office but he did lead them to a Superbowl Victory and that alone puts him in a very elite club. He is certainly a much better coach than either one of these guys who just can't handle the head coaching responsibilities. I think either team would be stupid to pass McCarthy up under these current circumstances. Maybe just go ahead and let Garrett ride out the season as long as he keeps winning but in the case of Freddy Kitchens with Cleveland it would be a great move just to go ahead and get McCarthy while he can be had. Because Kitchen's has no control over the Browns at all. Both teams desperately need a coach with raw experience. Just a thought anyway :cool:
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I just don't think that Mahomes has fully healed from his knee injury yet. He is just not playing like he did prior to his knee injury. It's 7 to 6 Chiefs but the way both teams are playing it's anyone's game. Also Tyreek Hill is now out for the game as well. The Chiefs have had way too many injuries to be serious contenders this year unfortunately. If they don't win this game their season is essentially over for all intent and purposes.

And no I don't want the Chiefs to sign Kaepernick. We are having enough problems as it is without that type of a distraction. The game is just a see-saw battle and anyone can still win it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

It wasn't pretty but we'll take it. The Chiefs finally shut the door on their Western Division Rival i.e. The L. A. Chargers. by the score of 24 to 17 Chiefs. But this is not necessarily something to celebrate because there is something obviously wrong with Mahomes. He is nowhere near as agile as he was last year. I don't think he's healed up from the knee injury.

Had it not been for the interception by Dan Sorenson I'm sure that Rivers would have went on to ruin our day. But our defense is finally showing some signs of life. Frank Clark is finally getting his name mentioned and we are finally making these QBs uncomfortable. Well it's about time!!

The Chiefs literally need to run the table to even have a prayer of a chance to do anything in the post season. Well we get week #12 off for a bye week. It couldn't come at a better time. But Andy Reid needs to use this Bye Week to get these guys right again,. But there is most certainly something wrong with Mahomes.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Well here we are in week 12. Some really good matchups this week. The 49ers news is that their next 3 games are making NFL history. Never has a team played 3 consecutive games against teams with 0.800 winning percentage this late in the season. The next three games are the packers, ravens, saints. Ouch.
Then they finish the season with falcons, rams, Seahawks. This is make or break time. They keep finding ways to win but they seem to be giving the ball away more than most fans are comfortable. Also, lots of injuries. Dee ford is out for a few weeks. Bosa, the rookie, is starting to look tired from the long season.

Other nice matchups this week: ravens vs rams,
Cowboys vs patriots, Seattle vs philly, panthers vs saints, and Indy vs Houston. Hopefully the panthers and Texans can bounce back after poor performances last week and give a show this week.
I’m picking 49ers, ravens, cowboys with the upset, eagles cause hawks are traveling and playing the early east coast game, saints, & Indy.
I’m still picking saints and Indy again as they just don’t seem to lose, Even with major injuries.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:01 pm
Well here we are in week 12. Some really good matchups this week.

Other nice matchups this week: ravens vs rams,
I’m picking 49ers, ravens, cowboys with the upset, eagles cause hawks are traveling and playing the early east coast game, saints, & Indy.
I’m still picking saints and Indy again as they just don’t seem to lose, Even with major injuries.
Yeah I'm with you on the Cowboys over the Pats. I don't really consider the Cowboys beating the Eagles an upset. After all the Cowboys were in First Place when the played them. OK I'll just go ahead and list my week #12 picks. I got 4 out 7 right this last week so I'm going to pick 9 of them this time.
(1) Texans over the Colts
(2) Bills over Broncos
(3) Falcons over the Bucs
(4) Saints over Panthers
(5) Raiders over Jets
(6) Cowboys over Pats
(7) Packers over 49ers
(8) Jaguars over Titans
(9) Seahawks over Eagles
I'll keep picking them until I no longer get over half of them right. Like I said before I don't ever remember a year with so many upsets. I don't ever remember a year that back-up and Rookie QBs are in the spotlight as they are this year. This truly has been one of the most unique NFL seasons I ever remember. Who would have picked your 49ers to be as good as they are? Who would have thought that the Chiefs would be falling apart>> I hope that reverses but they need a new head coach>> This being disappointed every years is getting old. If Reid doesn't at least get us to the Superbowl I'm going to be screaming for a new Head Coach. I wish the Chiefs would have got Jon Gruden. He should be a candidate for Coach of the Year IMO.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Jd, I looked up the team stats for your chiefs. They are highly ranked on the passing game (2nd in passing yards). The run game is ranked 22nd. The defense is ranked 12th against the pass and 30th against the run. Seems a bit one dimensional on both sides of the ball. A little more balance would serve them well.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

SF Native wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:17 pm
Jd, I looked up the team stats for your chiefs. They are highly ranked on the passing game (2nd in passing yards). The run game is ranked 22nd. The defense is ranked 12th against the pass and 30th against the run. Seems a bit one dimensional on both sides of the ball. A little more balance would serve them well.
I'm sure all of that is accurate SF but the team chemistry and the lack of key plays are two factors that have haunted them all season. With Tyreek Hill being injured at the beginning of the season along with the Pat Mahomes injury has just put this Chiefs team way out of harmony compared to what they were last year.

When all the Chiefs had to do to win that game with the Titans with a little over 2 minutes left in the game just to get one "first down">> and they just couldn't get it done. Last year I don't think that would have been a problem. But this year between Andy Reid's bad decisions and the lack of a consistent running game we are at a point to where there is just no margin for error at all.

When the Chiefs come back from the Bye week and meet Oakland>> I do believe whoever wins that game will win the division. With that being said I just hope they can get it in gear.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SF Native wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:09 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:37 pm
No, the joke is you not realizing that, had that helmet been turned around the other way, it could've very easily killed Mason Rudolph.
That was way beyond any code. That was flat out lethal had that helmet been turned the other way. It might as well been considered a dam anvil in the hands of Garrett, which btw, NFL players are much stronger and hit a helluva lot harder than hockey players. That's just a fact. Heck, that's why the NFL has outlawed so many types of hits and tackles. Those dudes are flat out dangerous.
I really dont think you understand just how very dangerous that situation was. Mason Rudolph did not have a helmet on.
And, please I'm not trying to.be mean or insensitive, it's just that what happened last night was extremely dangerous and truly trumps whether it was bad tv or.not.
I don’t mean to be rude, but I think you guys are being a bit dramatic and overreacting.
It’s not really that easy to kill someone. People get head injuries everyday that are worse than this and they don’t die. Some unfortunate people do die from head injuries but they are usually much worse than this. Car accidents are a major one or other factors like being elderly.
Also, these are top flight athletes that can do amazing things like catch a ball with one hand while running full speed. All this talk of “if it was the other way around”... it wasn’t. Maybe he was out of control but maybe in enough control to turn the helmet one way and not the other.
Last, NOW you care about Rudolph’s health and well being? He got sacked 4 times in this game and sustained real and lasting damage to his brain. 99% of pro players have cte. 91% of college players & 21% of high school players do too. But there is no concern about the 4 sacks because he was wearing a useless helmet... and that is sanctioned brain damage. Point is, these guys are paid to be violent. Don’t be shocked when they are violent in non-sanctioned ways.
I wasnt gonna say anything. But.....you really dont have a clue, do ya?
Again, that helmet turned the other way, swung by Myles Garrett, could've easily killed Mason Rudolph.
What about that do you not understand???
You must have never played.
Because, honestly, if you had truly ever played, you would know, without one single doubt, that an NFL Helmet swung by a player like Myles Garrett, could've easily killed Mason Rudolph had Garrett connected with the shell of the helmet.
If you cant understand this, and why everyone was so upset and some rightfully so even wanted Garrett arrested, then you.never will understand I'm afraid.
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:01 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:55 am
Garret should be in jail for attempted murder.
I would agree with that had Mason Rudolph been seriously injured. But being football is a violent game by nature you could also make that point on particularly vicious hits in the course of the game as well >> which are totally legal and within the rules of that game. One of the forum members made mention earlier in the thread that professional Ice Hockey is even more vicious and potentially dangerous than football. Also there is the aspect that all of them assume the risk of the game>> and they know what those risks might entail.
I think it would be extremely difficult for a prosecutor to make a valid case under these circumstances. Myles Garrett is certainly going to lose more money than most of us will see in an entire lifetime. He's most certainly not getting off without punishment. And for most of these ego-maniacs to lose their wealth is a drastic, humiliating punishment in and of itself.
In principle I agree with you Doc. But the point is that it just wouldn't be practical under the circumstances without the victim not being seriously injured. I just don't think there's enough damage done to base an attempted murder charge on in this particular case.
I disagree. He used a weapon, one very capable of crushing a skull, to try and break the QB,s head. I’ve seen what a helmet, baseball bat, and other things wielded as clubs can do. He had the intent, it does not matter that he did not succeed.
Absolutely Doc!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 pm
Actually SF Native makes some good points. Take the sport of boxing for instance>> the objective there is to literally knock a man out by way of concussion>> the same thing that the NFL claims they are trying to avoid :confused:

Boxing is nothing more than two adult men ( or in some cases women) that literally commit assault and battery against one another to the point to where an opponent can no longer physically take it>> the sport of boxing is so barbaric to where it would be otherwise illegal in daily life and a felony at that :rolleyes: .

Let's face it to a large degree a lot of people have a sick sort of love for violence and mayhem and football is a sport that fills that void nicely. Personally I like the strategy and science of the game. Sure I appreciate a good tackle or stopping a running back promptly. But football ironically isn't even one of the worst as far as wear and tear on your body and brain. I literally dread to see what results from Ultimate Fighting and Full Contact Martial arts type sports.

They are never going to make football a civilized sport>> at least not in most of our lifetimes. Because of the pride and emotion that these players are dealing with there is no way to fully stop incidents like this.
JD, you oughtta know better....
You know what that helmet could've done to Mason Rudolph
SF Native has no idea what's he talkin about.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

And I'm really hoping the league will truly INDEFINITELY suspend Garrett, for his trying to say that Rudoplh used a racial against him. That is absolutely sickening.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 am
And I'm really hoping the league will truly INDEFINITELY suspend Garrett, for his trying to say that Rudoplh used a racial against him. That is absolutely sickening.
I was wondering if that would become a thing, and sadly...it did. A WEEK LATER!!!! Even his own teammates are saying they didn't hear anything about Mason using a slur until this report came out. If true, you know darn well it would have been a thing that night or the following day and would merit looking into.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:51 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:48 am
I was wondering if that would become a thing, and sadly...it did. A WEEK LATER!!!! Even his own teammates are saying they didn't hear anything about Mason using a slur until this report came out. If true, you know darn well it would have been a thing that night or the following day and would merit looking into.
Absolutely brother!!
It wouldve been the 1st, NUMERO FRRAKIN UNO thing to have came out of Garrett's mouth!!
And its total crap, and even his own team mates know it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Honestly, Garrett's and the other Brown that got ejected from the game ( he came.in hard and knocked Rudoph down intentionally during that Malay) they reminded me of Convicts. Honest to Pete.
Like gang member convicts. Cowardly and mean.