Your Username...why did you choose it?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
crazywednesday

Re: Your Username...why did you choose it?

Post by crazywednesday »

My username is dumb, but it's from my highschool years. Wednesdays were always a dud in football practice so I decided to flip that. I was a bit over enthusiastic about practice and I decided to make Wednesdays crazy
Justin
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

crazywednesday wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:09 pm
My username is dumb, but it's from my highschool years. Wednesdays were always a dud in football practice so I decided to flip that. I was a bit over enthusiastic about practice and I decided to make Wednesdays crazy

Hahaha, you were the hype guy. A friend of mine on our team was the same way. He pretty much forced you to get pumped up...because I believe at 17 years old he was around 6-2, 250 or so and would pretty much "mosh" into you like you would see at a heavy metal concert. You had no choice but to jump and move around in fear of getting bowled over haha. That seemed to get things going, get everyone a little more fired up. Coaches loved it too and would mosh around with us a bit too. Ahhhhhh, the good ole days.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

An old friend of mine wrote a semi-autobiographical memoir. The title always stuck with me, that feeling of being torn mentally.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

The word "Toxophilus" was invented by Ascham. The noun "toxophilite", meaning "a lover or devotee of archery, an archer", is derived from it... I enjoy all forms of Archery!

thx, Fugi
Nice marmot

Post by Nice marmot »

Big Lebowski reference.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Nice marmot wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am
Big Lebowski reference.
Its funny, whenever I see your nick name in my mind I get an image of a marmot squirrel.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I like jazz, and when I joined, it was pretty much all I listened to. Weird, because I'm an 80's metalhead who also likes country, blues, reggae….

Can someone tell me why I couldn't be Jazz on Bladeforums, but had to be Jazzz? Kind of annoying. I see a few with the same names as here.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I picked my nick name when knife discussion forums first started in the late 90s. Reservoir Dogs is still among my favorite movies; I figured Mr Blonde had the coolest nick name of the bunch aaand he's the only one to use a knife ... 'graphically', although the real action happens off screen. I'd probably change it to 'SpyderCollector' now, as I've evolved into a Spyderco-only guy that loves to collect. But I've had my forum handle for almost 20 years now, I figured I'd just stick with it.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Getting to know you bump for the newer folks :hugging-face

Going back through this thread there are some names I miss seeing around :downcast
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Frugal, tight, money wise.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

When I joined the forum in 2007, I was a knife design traditionalist and conservative. My brand at the time was Schatt & Morgan, by the now-defunct Queen Cutlery Company. Spyderco offered the bolstered & black-micarta Schempp models and I liked those because they were "how knives should look," I thought. Fast forward, and now I'm an FRN and FRCP fan who prefers lightweight knives and purchases no-bolster Spydercos almost exclusively. How's that for an about-face!
Attachments
Schatt Morgan Fold Guard.png
Schatt Morgan Fold Guard.png (64.73 KiB) Viewed 886 times
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

I ride a Triumph Street Triple 765. The Street Triple is commonly referreed to as the "Striple".
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Roefisher

Post by Roefisher »

legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:16 am
Going back through this thread there are some names I miss seeing around

It's really weird you should say that cos I was thinking the exact same thing when I went through this thread a while ago. Some people come onto the forum, make hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of posts then just stop and never log-in again. Maybe me just being nosey, but I always wonder how they go from that to completely disappearing?

My username is easy enough - although I haven't fished for twenty years or more, nearly all I did was in the River Roe, Northern Ireland.

Mark
“You just made me have a bowel movement in my britches, Garrett. I ain't gonna never forgive you for this.”
James Y

Post by James Y »

Roefisher wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:10 pm
legOFwhat? wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:16 am
Going back through this thread there are some names I miss seeing around

It's really weird you should say that cos I was thinking the exact same thing when I went through this thread a while ago. Some people come onto the forum, make hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of posts then just stop and never log-in again. Maybe me just being nosey, but I always wonder how they go from that to completely disappearing?

Mark

It could be life changes, or they simply burn out and lose interest.

I remember when one of the members who was once a prolific poster suddenly stopped, because he became upset that society in general, and its laws, were not as accepting of knives, and those who carry them, as he would have liked.

TBH, I don't post much around here about knives themselves. I mostly post about other subjects in off-topic. If my sole interest was in knives and discussion about them, I would have been gone a long time ago.

However I have met (online) some of the members here who are really great people. That is the most valuable takeaway, IMO.

Jim
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Paul being my actual name and Ardbeg because I like peated scotch. Ardbeg is one of my favorite distilleries. Sláinte!
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Roefisher wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:10 pm
Some people come onto the forum, make hundreds, and sometimes thousands, of posts then just stop and never log-in again. Maybe me just being nosey, but I always wonder how they go from that to completely disappearing?

I went through a several-year absence from this forum. There was one member, now deceased, and much revered (you still hear his name mentioned) who came to just DOMINATE the forum, hotly arguing the picayune details of virtually EVERYthing. People could not post anything he didn't sanction, without him descending like an unwanted housefly, spewing opinion and shouting down dissenting opinion. He must have been unemployed, and had the time. A lot of forumites must have been OK with his opinions. I didn't have personal disagreements with him, it was just that the forum had become all about "HIM." So I left. He had made the forum un-fun. When he stopped posting, I came back.

So there's one story about checking out. Dunno if it's representative, but heading for the exit due to "expert on everything" zealotry probably happens more often than we think.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I used my hometown for my forum name because I was in a rush to get online. Then I realized what I had done, wasn't happy but am not embarrassed about the location, and came to accept the rushed choice that I had made.

Every time that you sign up for a forum it asks for a username. I have a lot of ideas about why the username should not be left up to any individual, but prefer anonymity.

:neutral
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Naperville wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:45 pm
I used my hometown for my forum name because I was in a rush to get online. Then I realized what I had done, wasn't happy but am not embarrassed about the location, and came to accept the rushed choice that I had made.

Every time that you sign up for a forum it asks for a username. I have a lot of ideas about why the username should not be left up to any individual, but prefer anonymity.

:neutral
If you message Kristi and request a username change, I believe she is able to do that. Especially if you have concerns about your own privacy.
-Nick :bug-red
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:40 pm
Paul being my actual name and Ardbeg because I like peated scotch. Ardbeg is one of my favorite distilleries. Sláinte!
Well now I feel like a goof recommending Ardbeg to you. I thought it was just your last name. My favorite scotch btw.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:40 pm
Great username ! Better than Paul Dimple ! :winking-tongue Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau