Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FK

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by FK »

On the way,,,, Stretch 1 with Super Blue,,, new in box.
Have been searching for quite some time.

Regards,
FK
Joey

Post by Joey »

I finally received a blue M390 PM2 the other day, and I’ve got a black dog tag coming today.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

This came today,, not the delivery i was expecting today since it was the last of 3 orders not yet delivered..
I wish spyderco could make a tactical murdershovel so i didn't have to buy a non spyderco.
😂
1547815729562254.jpg
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Nice e-tool. A description from before a time when “e-“ referred to something computery.

What is it?
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

https://youtu.be/eOaEjJz-6jg
James Dean
Joey

Post by Joey »

Double post
Last edited by Joey on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joey

Post by Joey »

Nate wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:10 pm
Finally have a Dragonfly on the way, V-Toku.

Had an early pre-order but ended up canceling when it I bought some other stuff a while back. Suddenly got the itch again and happily it wasn't hard to find (yet).

Kind of funny but I have Chaparrals, UKPKs, Urbans, Calypso Jrs, Pingos, Man/Ladybugs, Natives and Spy DK, but all these years and no Dfly... Time to take the plunge.

:)
I have nearly of those as well and I love the Dragonfly the most after the Native 5. It’s such a great knife! I’ve patina’d my vtoku-2 version and I just adore it. The handle color is exceptional in my opinion.
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

My long awaited Spydiechef is on the way from Golden and should arrive on Tuesday. :)
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Yes. I do have one in the mail at the moment. Lucky me and watching my mailbox closely!

The now discontinued. ... Spyderco Bushcraft.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Joey wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:30 am

I have nearly of those as well and I love the Dragonfly the most after the Native 5. It’s such a great knife! I’ve patina’d my vtoku-2 version and I just adore it. The handle color is exceptional in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply. It landed the other day and I'm excited to have it. Definitely plan to give it some pocket time. Great color on this sprint for sure. Never been picky about uneven lamination lines, but have to say my example is close to perfect, which is nice. :)
:spyder:
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Spydiechef from BladeHQ is due for delivery tomorrow! Very excited about it!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 pm

They are speedy-quick, but I order everything I can through the outlet store for the 50% OPFOCUS discount! :) I'll have to impatiently wait until Tuesday :o
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Zatx wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm
DSH007 wrote:

They are speedy-quick, but I order everything I can through the outlet store for the 50% OPFOCUS discount! :) I'll have to impatiently wait until Tuesday :o
You're in for a treat on Tuesday Zatx.. this is a really nice piece! Fit and finish are perfect. I've always really liked the look of the Spydiechef, but I was a little bit worried that the design would be kind of "out there" for me, as I typically prefer more traditional blade shapes.. but, I'm really impressed with how comfortable the overall ergonomics are. I also really like that there is a considerable amount of blade tucked away in a relatively compact package.. this knife carries very nicely. My only minor gripe would be that there was some pretty noticeable lock-stick initially. I'd read about this in reviews, so I was aware that it may be an issue going into buying the knife.. fortunately, it does already seem to be breaking in nicely, so I don't expect it to be too much of a problem.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the Spydiechef and glad that I added it to my collection! I hope that you enjoy yours as well! I think it's really awesome that Spyderco offers the OPFOCUS program for those who qualify! I'd take the longer wait times too if I could get that discount.. :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Finally got around to getting a good deal on LNIB Blue weave Domino. ..excited to say the least.

James
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Extra330SC wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 pm
Finally got around to getting a good deal on LNIB Blue weave Domino. ..excited to say the least.

James
Nice!! Don't see many of those around here. Please post some pics! Always debated this knife, but felt my Sage 5 was too similar...though I love those blue weave scales. Great score!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Zatx

Post by Zatx »

DSH007 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:03 pm
Zatx wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:51 pm
DSH007 wrote:

You're in for a treat on Tuesday Zatx.. this is a really nice piece! Fit and finish are perfect. I've always really liked the look of the Spydiechef, but I was a little bit worried that the design would be kind of "out there" for me, as I typically prefer more traditional blade shapes.. but, I'm really impressed with how comfortable the overall ergonomics are. I also really like that there is a considerable amount of blade tucked away in a relatively compact package.. this knife carries very nicely. My only minor gripe would be that there was some pretty noticeable lock-stick initially. I'd read about this in reviews, so I was aware that it may be an issue going into buying the knife.. fortunately, it does already seem to be breaking in nicely, so I don't expect it to be too much of a problem.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the Spydiechef and glad that I added it to my collection! I hope that you enjoy yours as well! I think it's really awesome that Spyderco offers the OPFOCUS program for those who qualify! I'd take the longer wait times too if I could get that discount.. :)

This is great to hear, Rick. Thank you for your quick review. If I love it as much as you, I may switch the clip around and carry it in my left pocket as an "always there" EDC knife while I rotate other blades in my right pocket.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Oh happy monday.
:)
1548097640285483.jpg
James Dean
Holland

Post by Holland »

Backup mantra 1 and a blue roadie
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

HAP40 Endura in Pakkawood!. I hoped KC would run it again. Nice match to my Delica.
Instagram: @my_blade_life
Spyderco only EDC... :D
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

SPyderco Hundred Pacer. Hisssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!