It's time for a new Calypso!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a Superblue Calypso?

Yes!
80%
No!
20%

Total votes: 49

ChrisinHove

Re: It's time for a new Calypso!

Post by ChrisinHove »

No, but only because I have a Caly 3.5, a SG Endura on order and strongly intend getting a P4 (of some flavour) quite soon!
MrSuperBlue

Post by MrSuperBlue »

Heck Yea! I'd buy at least 2 Calypso's in Super Blue, I can't get enough super blue :)
How about a Caly 3.5 damascus?!

So what's the next Super Blue model coming? ;)
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

In my opinion the full-size Calypso needs to be updated with serrations on the thumb ramp and the choil like the Caly 3 and 3.5.

The last sprint run needed those refinements. JMHO

I'm thinking that the pinned scales and lack of serrations were conscious choices to keep the price low. If I remember correctly those brown Calypso sprints sold for $135. We won't see that low price again next go round.
archangel

Post by archangel »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:38 pm
It’s time for both a new Calypso and a new Caly 3.5, in Super Blue or whatever (I’d prefer K390 or M390 though).

^^ This!! Big time!!
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:05 am
NO!!! I want the one pictured on the right hand side>> yeah the big C-54 Calypso. And I don't care if it's the brown G-10 handle or if they want to go back to the original Micarta handle. The C-54 is truly one of the very best models from The GOLDEN ERA of SPYDERS (1998-2004). A new C-54 Calypso in a Supersteel would be a great way to start the new year 2019.

I would really like to see a C-54 re-introduction. I would not mind a lightweight version. This knife does not have the finger bumps the Endura has and would make my large hand happier. I am okay with G10, and brown is fine by me, though foliage green would be even better. I would prefer a stainless steel rather than a carbon steel blade on something like this. I voted no on the Superblue, but I absolutely would like to have a C-54 in a top flight stainless of some sort.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Probably wouldn’t go for Super Blue, but I’d definitely buy one in HAP40 and green G-10, like the Caly 3.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Catamount123 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:25 am
Probably wouldn’t go for Super Blue, but I’d definitely buy one in HAP40 and green G-10, like the Caly 3.
This is the configuration I would like to see as well.