Mule Team Scales from Halpern

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
HalpernTi

Mule Team Scales from Halpern

Post by HalpernTi »

I haven't been on this forum for some time- wanted to check in on Mule Team scales.

Are you happy with your Halpern purchases?

Any suggestions?

I trust Jennifer has taken good care of you for the last 3 years. Please let me know if we can do anything for you. There is still a good stock of flat scales and 3D contoured scales.

I can't believe it, but we started machining these (with Sal's blessing, of course) 9 years ago. Thanks for all the support!

Marianne Halpern
Owner Halpern Titanium, Inc.
VA.koi guy

Re: Mule Team Scales from Halpern

Post by VA.koi guy »

Hi Marianne,
I was late to the party and just got on the mule, and ordered two sets from you.
Fit & finish seem great, went for the burgundy micarta, and Jade g10. Glad you still have so many options.
Great service!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Great quality and great service.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ferider

Post by ferider »

Great product, service and communication, Jennifer in particular has been very helpful, Marianne. I bought 6 (?) sets of scales over the last year.

Have you ever thought about doing Manix 2 or XL scales ? Your wood, carbon fiber, or silver twill scales would rock on these knives, and - forgive my naiivety - should be easier to manufacture than, say for the PM2.

Cheers,

Roland.
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

Hi Roland
This notification ended up in my jink mail which I was checking this morning. Glad you like your handles. We began manufacturing mule team handles about 6 or 7 years ago at the suggestion of Sal Glesser. We would never offer any other Spyderco handles for resale. Many folks on social media make some amazing aftermarket Spyderco handles. I bet you could even suggest materials to them.
Marianne
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I have had no problems with the 5 sets I've purchased. The fit and finish has been flawless.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

They have been great for me. :)
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

I just put them on my first Mule and they are great. I only wish you had more of the other colors in stock.
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Mattysc42

Post by Mattysc42 »

They’ve been perfect for my 3 mules. Some of my most comfortable knives to use. :D
BRING ON THE MANIX XL SPRINTS AND EXCLUSIVES! And 10v or K390ify the Golden lineup, please.

Top 5 folders I’ve owned: Serrated Caribbean Leaf, Shaman, Manix XL, ZDP-189/CF Caly 3.5, Native LW.
Top 5 steels I’ve owned: LC200N, K390, CPM S90V, M390, CPM REX45.
Top 3 steels I want more of: M390 class, A11 class (including K390), CPM REX45.
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

I've been happy with mine (6 sets of 3D) I'd also like to see more color options- maybe a lime green, white would be good for the guys that Rit dye
archangel

Post by archangel »

Must say I am struggling with their $35 shipping charge, for a product that probably weighs max 30g and would fit into a pretty small carton... That's more than the flat 'option 5' handles cost. I'd give them a go if they'd offer an economy shipping option, even if this'd mean I'd have to wait 2 weeks or more.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
sal

Post by sal »

I use them on all of my mules.

sal
swigert

Post by swigert »

Will we ever see the contoured natural micarta again?
GrayJay

Post by GrayJay »

I recently purchased the standard black G10 mule scales from spyderco for my first Mule, which I believe are Halpern made? In any case, they’re awesome and I love the matte finish—it makes them look charcoal gray, which is more interesting to me.

That said, I’d love to see more micarta options: olive green, natural, and ivory would be awesome. I probably would have bought those options direct from Halpern if they’d been available. As is, I’m thinking gray or desert tan G10 for my next Mule.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

sal wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:35 pm
my mules.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
sal

Post by sal »

Hi GrayJay,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
mattman

Post by mattman »

GrayJay wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 pm
I recently purchased the standard black G10 mule scales from spyderco for my first Mule, which I believe are Halpern made? In any case, they’re awesome and I love the matte finish—it makes them look charcoal gray, which is more interesting to me.

That said, I’d love to see more micarta options: olive green, natural, and ivory would be awesome. I probably would have bought those options direct from Halpern if they’d been available. As is, I’m thinking gray or desert tan G10 for my next Mule.
GrayJay-
Welcome!
The "charcoal grey" is likely the "as-machined" finish, and will turn black(er) with use, from your body oils. You can accelerate this with a wipe-down with mineral oil, or equivalent. (This is documented on Halperns page, as well)
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

HalpernTi wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm
I haven't been on this forum for some time- wanted to check in on Mule Team scales.

Any suggestions?

I trust Jennifer has taken good care of you for the last 3 years. Please let me know if we can do anything for you. There is still a good stock of flat scales and 3D contoured scales.

I can't believe it, but we started machining these (with Sal's blessing, of course) 9 years ago. Thanks for all the support!

Marianne Halpern
Very pleased so far on on the flat and contoured Halpern scales ! I use the flat scales on my 20CV Mule with a thin QuickclipPro for front horizontal carry...very clean and slender package! Looking to pick up some carbon scales in the future. Thanks for a great product. ...

James
Attachments
2018-12-13 08.30.57.jpg
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I’ve got two pair on two of my mules. It’s a great product. I thought I would add the link for those that may not know where to find them. I hope that’s ok?

https://www.halperntitanium.com/spyderco-handles/

I chose the textured scales. The only thing I would change, is there is just a small bit of tang exposed where the scales don’t meet all the way to the boarder of the tang. Ergonomically, I wish they were flush. But that’s more of a nit pick than anything.
Crux

Post by Crux »

HalpernTi wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Any suggestions?

Marianne Halpern
Thanks, I bought like a dozen sets from you. I'll need a couple more if I can snag this other Mule.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: