New Guy

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Danno44

New Guy

Post by Danno44 »

Hello from Michigan. I just ordered my first Spyderco (Lil Native Compression Lock).
Not a collector, (yet ?) just a user. Not sure I can add a lot to the forum, but if something comes up where I can add to the conversation, I’ll try.
I have been reading a lot here lately and couldn’t help myself but order a knife finally.
Bloke

Re: New Guy

Post by Bloke »

Welcome to the forum!

The Lil Native is a popular knife amongst knuts here and I’m sure you’ll be very happy with it so let us know what you think when you have it in hand. :)
Last edited by Bloke on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Greetings from Arizona!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Howdie from Oklahoma.
You'll be up to 30 (and poor) in no time.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
vivi

Post by vivi »

Welcome! Having a fresh perspective is plenty to share with us regulars. Hope you enjoy the Lil Native!
:unicorn
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Welcome to the addiction.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Welcome and may Sal have mercy on your wallet :p
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Welcome to the city limits of Spyderville :D And welcome to the best knife forum out there. Just wait till you get hooked on Spyderco's Hawkbills and sharpening tools. It only gets worse from there on :D You better get an extra part time job because you will be spending some money for sure ;)
Danno44

Post by Danno44 »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:25 am
Welcome to the city limits of Spyderville :D And welcome to the best knife forum out there. Just wait till you get hooked on Spyderco's Hawkbills and sharpening tools. It only gets worse from there on :D You better get an extra part time job because you will be spending some money for sure ;)
I already have the Sharpmaker and added the UF, spent a week sharpening every knife in the house... :D
sal

Post by sal »

hi Danno,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

Welcome, nice choice on the knife. I really like the Lil' Native comp lock.
Danno44

Post by Danno44 »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
M4Life

Post by M4Life »

Danno44, welcome to the Spyderco family!
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Danno44 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm
Hello from Michigan. I just ordered my first Spyderco (Lil Native Compression Lock).
Not a collector, (yet ?) just a user. Not sure I can add a lot to the forum, but if something comes up where I can add to the conversation, I’ll try.
I have been reading a lot here lately and couldn’t help myself but order a knife finally.
I hate to tell you this, but Spydercos are the most addictive substance known to man. They are worse than Lays potato chips. You can't have just one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Danno44

Post by Danno44 »

Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Danno44 wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but Spydercos are the most addictive substance known to man. They are worse than Lays potato chips. You can't have just one.
I fear you are accurate in this statement. I haven’t even received my first one and already looking at others to acquire. Hopefully common sense kicks in....but that’s not likely...
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Danno44 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:12 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Danno44 wrote:
I fear you are accurate in this statement. I haven’t even received my first one and already looking at others to acquire. Hopefully common sense kicks in....but that’s not likely...

Just think of it as a "new" common sense. :)

Welcome to Spyderco and the forum!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Welcome :D

I would suggest other hobbies such as smoking crack/meth or gambling or prostitution, they're all far cheaper and less addictive than knife collecting.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Danno44

Post by Danno44 »

Well the Lil Native arrived today (early). Perfect centering and very smooth to open and close I am doomed....
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

I fear you are accurate in this statement. I haven’t even received my first one and already looking at others to acquire. Hopefully common sense kicks in....but that’s not likely...”

Sad but true.... think it was a matter of weeks before I was up to 5.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You guys are in trouble. Hahaha!

I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050